When 91 OVR is not good enough

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Jan 10, 2012.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

During our offseason on Sunday Night, Cheez mentioned Stanford had 9 players at his safety positions. I believe he stated that none of the nine are good. His top two players are FS Jeremy Landrum SS Myron Ramsey are rated 91 and 90 OVR respectively. His complete depth chart is as follows

FS
    RS Senior Jeremy Landrum OVR 91
    RS Junior Matt Franklin OVR 89
    RS Sophomore Joe Jackson OVR 83
    Sophomore Logan Corbett OVR 79*
    Freshman Bryan Harris OVR 79

*Cheez and I battled for Corbett he ended up getting him because I didn't schedule a visit when I had three straight road games at the end of the season. Cheez represented to me Corbett was going to play CB. He doesn't play CB, and it appears someone promised no redshirt last season.

SS
    RS Junior Myron Ramsey OVR 90
    Junior Andrew Walker OVR 83
    Freshman Kendrick Hogan OVR 74

Now, I will list the OVR Ratings for the starters with the other user teams.

ASU-SS RS Junior Jamal Hollis-OVR 76, FS RS Junior-Ryan Ross OVR 77
    Cal FS Sophomore Josh Britt OVR 77, SS RS Junior Marcus Patrick OVR 85
    MSU FS Senior Brad Johnson OVR 89, SS Senior Shane Daniels OVR 85
    NW FS RS Junior Jaron Triplett OVR 85, SS RS Senior Tim Connor OVR 85
    OSU FS Senior Cedric Carter OVR 92, SS Senior Dan Hunt OVR 96
    Neb. FS Senior Joseph James OVR 83, SS Senior Chris Clark OVR 89
    UCLA FS Sophomore Joe Myrick OVR 78, SS Sophomore Brent Newell OVR 80
    WSU FS RS Sophomore Peter Kelly OVR 72, SS RS Senior Leroy Jenkins, formerly Anderson OVR 81

This is what I take from this list. Cheez is F'NG DEMANDING. His starters rank #2 compared to other users teams. The only school with better players is OSU which is understandable. He believes that they can't cover, or do whatever he expects them to do. Most of his back ups could start at the other schools. I know Corbett would be playing and making big plays if he had came to WSU.

Part of me thinks Cheez should play with Illinois, so he knows what bad/average safety play is. Those players are rated 82, and 84 respectively.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Haha. That is Cheez. If he gives up points, he thinks his team is awful. He's the Nick Saban of our league. Dang perfectionist

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I can see him stepping over some knocked out player on his way to his office :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I think there's a show that Cheez is on

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Stepping on. not over.

Is it so much to ask that they don't run away from the ball? Really? I am thrilled with how they played in Week 1 this year. Will try to get on later tonight to get a recap up.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You should see a replay of touchdown I had against boom. I never found a good angle, but it appeared to me his safety decided to run toward another receiver and not after the guy I was throwing the ball to.