When do we advance?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Jul 21, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

When do we advance?

No rush, just curious. I have recruits waiting! :D

2. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

We still have 1 game to play I think. I've read a lot about recruiting since I did mine and I have a lot of things to fix in regards to who I target and my overall strategy.

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

You can just do what Nate did and offer anything that walks a scholarship...

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

LOL....That was awesome.....I'll be sure to add insult to injury since he's visiting me this week.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Maybe I am doing this wrong, but don't you have to offer a scholarship for the guy to be on your team? I've always taken the first week and offered every player on my board a scholarship and then worked them from there.

Teach me Oh great recruiters.

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Just giving you a hard time. Half of my board is filled with players that you offered scholarships to, even though you are only #5+ on their list.

Just thought that was funny. I usually pitch for a week or two to gauge interest before I throw the scholarships out there...

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am not great, but I usually don't offer scholarships until I am their number 1 team or it is getting late in the process. You get a huge boost when you offer one so if you are a little behind and it is getting close to his decision, I would offer one. I wouldnt take time each week to talk to all recruits. I would talk to the ones you really like alot more. I set up my board with 35 recruits, but I only got to talk to about 15-20 (tops). I only offered the ones that had me on top a scholarship. I talked to my top 5 for 40-60 mins and the rest for about 30. I did get one recruit to commit to me this week, but again I am USC. This is just my strategy. I could be way off, but it is working pretty well for me offline with Maryland as well. I've found it is important to ask them how important stuff is too. That way you know what to push hard. I would be interested to hear what pbates has read too.

8. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

I'm with Nate, usually offer everyone a scholly then start cutting down from there. Got two instant commits so that was nice.

9. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

A lot of the things were obvious. I called up a recruit that didn't even have Kansas in the top 10 just because he was so good. Don't do that. Also, if you are a 3 star school, you will problably only get 3 star players. Maybe a couple 4 stars but not many. It also talked about getting recruits to sign early so those hours can be used in other weeks later in the season. Also focus on the players in your pipeline states. The bonus you get is a BIG help.

If a guy has you #1 and its a position of need, offer a scholarship. I didn't do that either last week. And I have a 4* lineman that wants to come to Kansas...hope no one gets in my way

10. natedawg212000

Ya i only put players who are interested in me in top 10 and then i offer everyone a scholarship and then work my way from there. I usually get a commitment or two right off the back or really fast.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

All good advice here. I agree with some and disagree with others. I wont reveal which strategy I follow. I need all the help I can get after the butt-whooping I took from USC this week.

12. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I didn't offer a single scholarship...I'm not sure its a good idea to offer scholarships to everyone you like and work from there...not that I know if its good or not its just that in the couple places I looked for tips that wasn't listed. It only said offer scholarships to players who had your school #1.

13. Jeremy

Regarding advance, the plan was to wait till everyone gave the go ahead to start. Well I jumped the gun on that and started before Dunn was ready. He will be on vacation until Saturday and I suggest waiting for Maij and Dunn to get their game in.

Thoughts?

14. natedawg212000

Well maybe I have screwed up lol, I'll have to try something different next year.

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

yea, thats fine..

16. Jeremy

Nate, I dont think there is a RIGHT & WRONG way to recruit.

You can find 100 people that will only offer scholarships to guys that have high interest and then you can find 110 people that will offer schollys to everybody.

I would love to share my thoughts but you guys are too good on the field to give you anykind of advantage.

17. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I didn't want to have to do that. You brought it on yourself! It was all me too. Had nothing to do with how good my players were. haha :HoosierHoo:

18. Jeremy

Your USER play with your MLB was outstanding and was a big part of your defensive dominance. If I remember correctly, he was chosen as MVP. not to shabby Web.

Now I may have to agree with you some about your players being good. Those damn HBs are stupid good. They will run over you, then run around you.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

Should we sub this? Thats a long time, but I'm cool with whatever. Just giving another option.

20. Jeremy

We said we would give everyone ample time to get acclimated to the game and give the go ahead before starting. I jumped the gun as I didnt allow Dunn to give the OK.

I think we should wait.

21. Jeremy

Remember, this is going to be a "Advance when games are done" league.

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

Totally....but that is a bit vague. Like I said I don't have a problem waiting for Dunn. But if somebody is gone for 2 weeks would we still hold up the league for them?

23. Jeremy

24. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

yeah right, Mr "I'm in the finals of the Release week tournament" guy