When do we start our dynasty guys?

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Provided rosters are out by next weekend, what day is best for everyone to start our dynasty? I would like for everyone to be online for a kick-off event. Kinda of like a get to know ya Overdrive NCAA '13 party. I'll try to get everyone an opening user vs user game.

I'm good with any day next weekend, but I will not be home until 8ish, so we'll have to start it after that. I'm thinking (guessing) right now that Saturday or Sunday will be our best bet. According to Fairdale-King, his rosters will be ready by then.

C Young Erik the Red Magoo Cocky Marine BigKing WreckEm27 Chris Rouse jonskinny12 dj illmatic 23 eberdeeber Raidernation

2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I can put off a few hours of sleeping with some whore on Saturday, but that's all you get.

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Saturday would be best for me. Wifey and I watch True Blood and Broadcast News Sunday nights. I'm not allowed to miss that. I can stay on late after that, because I'm off for the summer if needed.

Quick question. Why are we going with Fairdale's rosters? I'm actually not familiar with them, so I'm not speaking against them. I've just always used the OS community rosters done by Carson, and they're very accurate for such a quick turn around.

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

From what I understand, OS changes ratings and stuff like that. We used Fairdale's last year and I believe the year before that. He doesn't change any ratings or players attributes, just names and numbers.

5. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

The Community Rosters by Carson add freshman, transfers, and juco transfers, edit height, weight, class, equipment, and make some attribute changes. All of this is needed, because the default rosters are less and less accurate each year. In my opinion, the Community Rosters are the best available, and are the one's we should go with, but that's just my opinion.

6. BigKing

These rosters will be gone in a few months. Doesn't matter to me.

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Yeah, i agree BK. Having the right names and jersey numbers now is all I want. I don't want someone changing players skills and stuff. I don't mind the height and weight stuff, but I think it goes to far when your are adjusting some players attributes.

8. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I'm 50/50 I've used both ... but correct me if I'm wrong the changes to stat and stuff make to rosters unplayable online right?

9. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Saturday would probably be best for me for a kick-off event. As for rosters, I've used them all and I don't really care whose we use. But that's also because I don't really know anything about Indiana's team this year other than they'll probably suck again, so I don't care how accurate they are. And, like BigKing said, they'll be gone in a few years.

10. Raidernation

Saturday kicks off the vacay but I'll be there

11. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

I feel as though it is more immersive when there are the correct rosters. However, if everyone just wants to get it going then it's whatever. OS Community rosters are usually pretty legit and they keep the rating changes realistic, IMO.

12. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

We aren't going to start until we have a really good set of rosters, which should be this weekend. If both are out around the same time, we can look at both and make a decision then.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  13. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I remember Lattimore's speed rating was changed.

14. Raidernation

Whenever we do start I want BigKing to get used to this picture

Screen Shot 2012-07-08 at 12.51.32 AM.png

I guess #54 was looking for someone to blame here ......... I did it LOL

• Like Like x 2
  15. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I'm pretty cool with what ever rosters we use? I also think saturday would be best for me as far as a kick off event. I was also wondering, how is the user-user schedule going to be made up ? for us in the same conference I think I'll have atleast 3/4 user games based on my regular schedule alone. and is there any way to have the first game of the season a cpu game (always need atleast one game to feel good about myself :)

16. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

It's 4 teams per conference, so we're all in the same boat regarding conference games. I'm assuming we'll have one additional out of conference game from what I've read.

17. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

18. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Yeah, it will be something like that. I can't promise a first game CPU game because scheduling OOC games is difficult sometimes.

19. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Who you telling! That was the one thing I hated about running an OD. No one is ever happy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Sat works for me.

21. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I just updated the 2012 schedules with the conference games as they are slated. Conferences games are locked in, so I have no say in those. As it sits, some teams only have 1 in conference user game and some have 3.

Ideally, everyone will have equal user vs user games.

My preference is to schedule as many user games for everyone as possible, because we are here to play each other, not the CPU. However, I found doing that with last years teams resulted in some users having 5 user vs user games and other teams with only 3 and 4.

It is looking like, 4 user vs user games per team will be the standard. But there will be times, when a team, take FSU this year, because of their in conference schedule, could have more than 4 user vs user games. I would like to be able to schedule teams in this situation with extra user vs user games.

How do you guys feel about this?

BigKing Cocky Marine Magoo C Young Erik the Red jonskinny12 dj illmatic 23 Raidernation eberdeeber WreckEm27 Chris Rouse

22. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm fine with whatever. Like I said, I've had to spend over an hour trying to make sure the schedules in my OD were fair and everyone had equal numbers of user games and equal numbers of home/away user games. I know how much a pain it is, so I'm cool with whatever the schedule is. On a side note, I mentioned earlier I will be unavailable to play Thursday night 7/19 thru Sunday evening 7/22. If we start Saturday, I'm assuming we'll be around week 3 or 4 at that time. If I you could schedule a bye week for me that week, that would be great. If not, no problem.

23. BigKing

Funny that you would use FSU as an example..... Let the FSU hate begin.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Scheduling sounds good to me. I know it's going to be hard to keep everything even and fair with the conference schedules being locked in, so I'm not going to be complaining if I feel like I've got an unfair schedule. That's how real football is, anyway. Teams have harder schedules than others.

Just took a look at the 2012 schedule, and here's to starting out 0-4 with 4 user games!

25. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On