When should we start?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jul 13, 2011.

?

When do you want to kick this shin-dig off?

1. Tonight!

10.0%
  2. Give the game a few days to simmer - this weekend.

90.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Please pick one and post your rationale please.

The downside of starting right away are if there are huge issues with dynasty mode that get patched after the fact - last year the patch in August didn't affect dynasties started prior to the patch.

Plus - I know bucsfan and wazzu are out of town this weekend. Bucs - I believe you aren't able to play this week at all correct?

Colemanchu
    recchem2000
    gowazzucougs
    JFace907
    sibellius
    Jayrah
    Cheez
    whygodwhy1111
    Danthraxxx
    Corey Volting
    bucsfan047

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I fine starting tonight, but there is no need to hurry especially considering I am going out of town this weekend.

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i voted for this weekend obviously, and yeah you are correct dru. Even if i had the game I would advise on holding off for a few days. Just in case any issues come up we can avoid them and if a better roster file comes out we can grab that one too. We've got all year to play so i dont see the need to rush.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I am ready to go, but if Bucs is not available or anybody else waiting is fine too. I can certainly wait, but I picked tonight just because I am an eager beaver ;)

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Dru, I honestly do not care one way or the other. Whatever the group goes with will be ok with me

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

ready whenever.

7. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

I just got the game last night and haven't had a chance to spend more then 10 minutes with it. It'd be nice to get settled in and get some practice in with our teams. I say this weekend.

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Lets start when our tourney is over. Gives some time to get used to it and make any tweaks to sliders. Specially for those gonle this week.

9. Dru50

Just for everyone's benefit - we will start on default AA sliders. I don't like the idea of tweaking sliders a few days after launch, since a) you don't have any real valid data to base the changes on, and b) we all know that EA will have multiple tuner patches out in the next few months and changing sliders before you see what the tuning packs change is pointless.

My plan is to play one full season on default AA and then make minor tweaks after season 1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dru50

My preference would be to use the next few days to let everyone acclimate a bit to the game (and hopefully for EA to address some of the OD issues that seem to be out there), create the dynasty Friday night and send out invites. I would then do the schedules over the weekend as soon as everyone accepts their invite.

11. Jayrah

works for me. BTW default sliders feel pretty good. Except kick power is high. 40-45 is perfect imo.

12. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm on my phone ATM so can't vote, but will in a bit when I'm back at the PC. I'm fine starting whenever. It makes sense to wait for a patch, if one is forthcoming.

13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

One thing that is causing me to be a bit hesitant to start is there are some pretty big omissions from the rosters. Mainly guys who play two positions seem to be completely left out. Oregon's top recruit De'Anthony Thomas is nowhere to be found (RB/CB combo that doesn't have a position narrowed down) and Ohio State's 5th year senior Tyler Moeller (easily a mid-high 80's LB/SS that plays in the Nickel in a position Ohio State calls the "Star"). Those are two big ones that i know off hand. Both can have huge impact on the dynasties in their own ways. Moeller is a high rated guy and Thomas could progress into a very high rated one.

14. Jayrah

Btw just remembered I'm outta town sat and sun as well. If we could start Monday that would be best for me. Girlfriend will not let me play although I might be able to squeeze in preseason Saturday morning.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I say, get the invites out by Friday, give those folks a bye week who are out of town for the weekend and lets kick this thing off. My wife is out of town Friday night so I need something to do besides watch kids :)

16. Jayrah

This could work...

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I wanna get a look at the Roster set the OS community is dropping before we do anything. Supposedly that will be over the weekend. Possibly even tonight if they get busy.

I also want to at least get through a season or two with this test dynasty. This whole thing of glitches at the end of the season is scaring me. Guess CC OD's are the ones most vulnerable.

18. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I agree with recchem send out the invites like Friday night and we can get everything set up, and start sometime this weekend. However, we may want to do a couple simmed seasons to see if there are any glitches for online dynasties. I don't want to play a season and not be able to advance to season 2

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I would think they (EA) would have this resolved ASAP, so im too worried about it. But who knows, last year we had the crappy recruits year one so you never know.

20. Dru50

I don't want to wait much more for a roster set. The thing you have to keep in mind is that these rosters will always be missing players due to 70 player limit in-game vs the real 100+ player rosters. Any guys missing you would only be without for 1-2 seasons anyway (in most cases).

Plus, you already have the best team....

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I would really hate to start anything without a player who was arguably the Buckeye's best defensive back last season until he suffered a season ending injury. Papa Perry also brought to my attention that the Buckeyes roster is also missing #2 recruit in the NATION for class of 2011 (according to rivals) Linebacker Curtis Grant. That right there is a player that will spend 5 years on my team (will be redshirting him year 1, if allowed).

22. Dru50

But my point is to put those players on, someone else drops off, so the rosters are still 'wrong'.

And, not for nothing, you do still have the best team.;)

23. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The people dropping off would never see the field. The people who would replace them DEFINITELY would.

24. Dru50

My biggest issue is that I don't trust these 'roster projects', which are essentially homers for each team monkeying around with ratings. If you could tell me that this set will be done by tomorrow and that they aren't editing ratings on existing players I'd be willing to discuss using them. Otherwise, I would prefer to move forward with the set we have now.

After I get my kids down for their nap I'm going to sim a few seasons in the test OD to see if it works ok.

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Lord i hope they didn't toy with the ratings too much. Granted i'm one crying for a better rating for Braxton Miller, but i have no grounds to prove that on. His spring game was just ok and he's never taken a college snap. If the roster project comes out and he's over a 77 (the highest ANY freshman and/or rookie should be in a football title IMHO), we can instantly count those as bunk.