When the dynasty starts...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    When the dynasty starts...

Ok all,

We have schedules set up. Except for the patch and a roster decision we are all set.

I am not an overbearing guy, I don't have a ton of expectations. Here they are:

1. Know the rules. Ignorance will not be an excuse for breaking them.

2. If you are going to do anything unusual with your depth chart, post so we know and can give you feedback.

3. I will start a game result sticky. When you are done with your game, drop a score and such so we know who won. If you would like to do a blog, or other content, I would love that.

4. Treat everyone with the respect they deserve. If you have an issue, let me deal with it. I will not tolerate people calling each other names and such in the open.

5. When you sign a recruit, post it in the sticky so we can keep track down the road. It would be cool if you would put what rank they are (position and overall) so we could track progression and see if some sleepers are found.

6. Be courteous about your user games. Don't give the other guy a 1 hour window and get mad when he can't hit it.

7. Have a good time!

Anyone have any issues with these? Keep in mind these are in addition to the league rules. I don't think any of these are hard for anyone.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That's what she said!!! (y) hahaha

It all sounds good to me.

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, thanks.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Are we following the same recruiting rules as last year or as the E league? Whats our plan there?

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Recruiting: No over-signing. You may not go over 70 players at any time. Penalty is ten hours of recruiting time lost per player over. That's a whole week, guys, so pay attention.

Each year every team gets an allowance of:
    1 - 5 star player
    7 - 4 star players
    Any additional recruits must be three star or lower, unless:

Some recruits are open to all, and do not count against your limits. These recruits are:

*Numbers 1, 2, and 3 - "The Celebrity Recruits"
    *Five and four star recruits with rankings of 10, 20, 30, and so on. Basically, every tenth recruit of the five and four star caliber is fair game, but you'll have to compete for them.
    *Numbers will change when the off-season recruits are added. We will develop a set of rules to govern this, but none exist just yet.

Example:

If I have 15 seniors, and no one leaves early, I can recruit a total of fifteen guys. My potential class numbers look like this:

1 five, 7 fours, 7 three & below

Now, if I get the second ranked recruit (a bonus five star), and also the number 60 recruit (a bonus four star), my class can potentially be this:

2 fives, 8 fours, 5 three & below

Bonus recruits can not push you over 70 total players on your roster. You must remain under the cap at all times.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

interesting..

I understand

7. GoGators

I'm assuming these rankings are overall and not by position???

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I don't think it matters..

I would say just be a little discriptive, compared to just telling us their names

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you mean in the recruiting post, yes they are overall.

10. GoGators

Yes, just for clarification, I meant the bonus recruits.

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Are we waiting for Roster updates and Slider's before hitting the Field?

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I say adjust sliders as we go...

AA seems fine to me for the most part

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I agree.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The OS Community Rosters have about 5-6 teams left. I would like to use those.

15. KingVMSU

KingVMSU Walk On

Good lord I got some studying to do....intense.

I'm still hoping we come to a roster decision where my Spartans arent the most jacked up team in the game. It;s like EA forgot about us.

16. KingVMSU

KingVMSU Walk On

there wont be ratings edits in those, my two cents...wait for something more concrete like Version 2.0.

If you need more detaisl why I'll explain but let;s just say all Conference players are rated a 70 in certain places in the big Ten...thats a problem.

17. GoGators

That's just EA's way of saying how inferior the Big 10 is to the rest of the conferences. Their best are below average everywhere else. (y)

Just playing.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Would you rather wait longer to start?

19. KingVMSU

KingVMSU Walk On

I'm the new guy so I have no right to make that call my man. I'll just say I'd rather get it right then get it first. Plus we have a second gameplay patch to await which is alleged to be HUGE.

20. GoGators

I'm down to wait a while for better rosters and the 2nd patch. We all know EA didn't put any time into the rosters this year so if people's teams are jacked up, they should have the right to wait for them to be fixed. This is suppose to be a SIM dynasty after all. If we aren't using proper rosters, we might as well play teambuilder. Just my 2 cents.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I doubt we will wait that long.

The second patch will take effect in current OD's. I honestly am not that concerned over ratings fluctuating a bit. In 4 years they will all be gone anyway.

But, that said, Archie and the commish's will end up making that decision.

22. GoGators

That's cool. It doesn't really bother me either way. I was just showing support for KingV. The rosters won't be perfect until January when the seasons over anyways, and I'm pretty sure no one wants to wait till then.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Exactly. I would love to have a Magic Genie roster out of the box, but that is never going to happen.

It really won't matter in the long run if a guy is a 74 or 78 freshman anyway. I think I may be the least concerned about ratings out of everyone here. There were whole seasons last year I didn't even start the best player at positions. I would start the one who I thought would perform "better" or was more fit for my system.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I could care less...

I'd like to wait too if it is going to make my backup halfback as fast as he should be..

Colorado is very under rated imo

25. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I agree with you on that end Murk.....I think they gave some bad numbers out to your backs and Hawkins was a bit low