When to add Coaches to replace those who left during the season?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Korenth, Aug 3, 2010.

?

When do you want to replace coahces who have left?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2010.
  1. Now, or as soon as people express interest.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait until the season is over.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. I don't care. Either way is fine.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Other.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

When to add Coaches to replace those who left during the season?

So, the question is...do we want to add coaches now...or or wait until the end of the season?

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

might as well let them make the team their own as soon as possible. I know I would rather do my own recruiting than to take over a cpu recruited team.

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

I think in fairness to everyone, we should not replace the players that dropped until right before we move to the offseason. This will set them behind us a year and give us a little less comp for the schools we move to. And make them earn there own moves.Just my thoughts

if we go with now does this season count towards them getting a new job?

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I voted to replace them now... but if competition for future jobs is a problem then a good compromise could be to let them in now but the season doesn't count for them (make rule 3 full seasons before job change)

5. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

I think as long as it is the first year, replace now and implement no restrictions on a person if they take over one of the teams which has been abandoned, that provides a little incentive for newcomers to help us keep things how they were when we started the season.

But, if a person takes over a new team, they would still have to join one of the available conferences and one of the available teams in the particular conferences where a team is needed. So, more than likely, they would be taking on some losses joining mid-season. So, I mean, they are being hit pretty hard by joining late by taking on losses and having computer recruiting for whatever portion of the season up to that point. It would suck for them to have to wait an extra year to be hired after already taking such a big hit and still playing about half the season.

That being said, I think there should be a cut-off number of weeks for people being allowed to join in a given year, just for their sake. There's just no point for someone playing 2 games of a season that they had no hand in unless they are filling in where the previous team left off. We are still in the reasonable window of it being worth it to have people join in, though. 6 games is quite a few and with the sliders as easy as they are at the moment, it could be the difference in us having several top 20 teams that have no business being there.

I would make the limit for new teams at 5 or 6 games. To fill a spot that's not occupied at the beginning of the season, you have to be able to play at least 5 or 6 games or else wait until the next season. Otherwise, if you choose to fill a spot on a team that was originally taken at the beginning of the season, you can play any number of games and it count for a year's experience.

That's my suggestion.

6. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Ask the coach? if he wants to come in at the end of the season let him do that, if he wants to come in now then do that

7. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Looks like the general feeling is togo ahead and get the coaches in this year, with the current year not counting towards the 3 total years before a school change. I'll start putting together information to post looking for new coaches.