When to Advance?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

When to Advance?

So, we managed to get off-schedule a bit. What do we want to do now?

We're at a place in the season where few of us have games. Do we want to move quickly to championship week?

Up to you guys,

AG

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Sounds great (really great) to me, but I thought one of the OFFL's things was a keep all leagues on the same cadence. Are you suggesting that all leagues pick up the pace now (which of course would be more difficult to orchestrate than just 1 league) or just our league?

Neither of my OFFL teams have any gams left so speeding up is fine by me regardless. (the thought of going 20 days in between Michigan games is pretty disheartening.)

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I put the leagues under the complete control of the commishes, even as it pertains to the one coach/one team thing, and schedules. The idea was to keep reporting all in line for the website, but we're not doing much with the website, so there's no real use making guys wait if they don't want to.

We go on whatever schedule we want to use. You guys want a certain schedule, that's what we do.

I'm not going to attempt to keep everyone together anymore. It's just too much effort for no real payoff.

We're our own thing now,

AG

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Then let's speed this bish up! (at least until we're to the bowl games)

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'm in favor of speeding it up from here through the end of the year as long as everyone is on board. If someone needs until Thursday to finish their game, I think we have to give it to them.

6. I think I play Neb. So I can get it in asap if needed.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What if we just did a "when we're done, we advance" kind of thing until bowl season. Guys can take whatever time they need, but we go if we get done.

I don't want anyone rushing.

Cool?

AG

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Yep. Makes sense.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Sounds good to me.

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yeah. The pace of "When we finish, we advance" works alot better then a set date. As Jello mentioned, 20 days in between games can make you lose interest quick

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sounds good to me -- I should be able to play the SEC CG down here in the Outer Banks when we advance, and if I win I'll be back home in time to play the title game.

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'm all for advancing whenever.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am all for speeding this up. Army needs some new recruits (even though they are 3 stars and less)

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sorry guys, I'll get my game in tomorrow evening...I would right now but it's time for me to sleep. Just finished my OFFL MM game with Matrix Monkey. Double OT game that he won when my QB optioned it to his DE. Nice. USM loses to ECU, 38-45.

As for the advancements, it's totally cool with me too. Just as long as we give guys time to get done.

15. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

My game is completed...

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We have advanced.

Crazy game JHeb. At least you're not alone. I think it might happen to many of us over the course of a few seasons. I hate losing, but it's probably a good thing for the league. Now, Basis needs to hold so Penn State doesn't make the big game. Looks like Dat vs. Basis - should be a spectacular match up if it holds up.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Only game in the next week is shaun's, so we might be able to advance quick.

Beat Navy.

18. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

As a former Navy man, I'll pull for the Midshipmen to win over Army...

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, it was insane...I could tell from their first drive that it might be a long night...The pulled off some HUGE plays in clutch times that put the game away. It was frustrating for sure.

20. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, it was insane...I could tell from their first drive that it might be a long night...They pulled off some HUGE plays in clutch times that put the game away. It was frustrating for sure.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I will get this game in tonight.

22. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'll probably get my recruiting done today. If not, feel free to sim through it if I hold things up.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I had to remove THREE guys that I wanted to have on my board for offseason recruiting because they are soft commits w/o offers. I took them off my board, but I figured I would tell you guys in case they "flash sign" anyway.

24. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Not sure this is the right thread to get into a discussion about the flash signings, but I have no intention of removing my soft commits without offers. If for some reason one of them signs, we'll deal with it. I wouldn't expect to be penalized for it.

I'd stay on your guys, Basis. At least until we see this become a common problem.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Archie,

Go ahead and advance the week.

Raz is out and I lost to Navy, but the servers glitched out on me and it didn't record. So, sim the game against Navy please.

Shaun