WHEN TO CONFRONT YOUR OPPONENT AND WHEN TO CONTACT THE COMMISSIONER

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Nov 19, 2013.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Once again, this post is not directed toward anyone in particular, nor is it intended to create any kind of drama. It is merely intended to create constructive discussion regarding this topic and keep items like this in the forefront so that we all are on the same page.

First off; ALL gameplay concerns should be brought to the commissioner's attention. Sure, a one time occurrence is no big deal. However, if an infraction is a repeated activity by a particular owner, then Jim can determine if there is a pattern that needs to be addressed with the owner directly so that it may be corrected. Remember, if Jim doesn't hear about it, then Jim doesn't know about it. If Jim doesn't know about it, then Jim cannot do anything about it.

Video is going to be the best evidence of an infraction, but it is not the only evidence. Just try to provide specific details of your concern(s) if you do not have video evidence. Please do NOT become that guy who starts pointing fingers at each of your opponents trying to find something wrong with their gameplay. Do NOT badger your opponent DURING the game unless they have blatantly broken a rule. If your opponent is going for it on 4th and 3 in the first quarter, pause the game and remind them of the rule that they are supposed to punt. Otherwise, if the infraction is minor just play the damn game and bring it to your opponent's attention and JIM's attention AFTER your game.

A rule infraction or gameplay pattern will very rarely determine the outcome of a game. Typically, the outcome of a game is the result of a culmination of events. One thing I always keep in mind is that if my opponent has broken a rule or is infringing on taking advantage of the AI, perhaps he is not aware of the rule and/or perhaps he is not aware of his actions. Bring it to their attention with an open mind. If there is any question, let the commissioner be the one to decide.

Don't allow the heat of the game get the best of you. If by odd chance a rule infraction was a game changing event, address the issue with Jim immediately. If it wasn't a grave error by your opponent, make a mental note of the issue specifics and bring it to your opponent's attention and Jim's attention following your game. If you are HEATED following your game in such a way that you will take an accusatory or demeaning tone with your opponent, give it 24-48 hours before you take any course of action - particularly following a loss. Gain a clear head before making any accusations that cannot be retracted.

With that said, I have to say that the number of complaints that I am aware of have been minimal. I am certain that our league's success is due in part to everyone's observance of the rules and guidelines. Thanks to ALL of you for making this one of the best PS3 leagues around! (y)

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eddie (pittrocks43)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jeremy (Jeremy)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (Josh Barnes)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (Coach KO)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)
    Vin (VinfortheWin)

• Like Like x 5
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I've confronted you about not trading Dwayne Gratz to me MULTIPLE TIMES!! I think i should get Jim involved :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I am all for someone letting me know if I do something wrong so I can correct it and make sure it doesn't happen again. I know during the game I am not looking for rules that are being broken and will only notice the obvious.
    I would rather someone tell me first and discuss then it being brought up to one of you guys without me knowing.. I don't feel like I do anything wrong in game except for the occasional quick snap or something small like that but when I see these threads go up I think back and worry that I have been doing something wrong.

So for future opponents, I usually give out my number before the game just in case, please feel free to let me know if I am doing something wrong in the game so I can fix it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

agree 100%. im not perfect and i am aware of my flaws, redlishus can tell ya that i tend to be a faster snapper than some, and usually he is very clear and honest when i am snapping faster than is fair, and i am normally oblivious to it when i am, im just concentrating on what i see on D and my adjustments and when i like it i snap the ball. but troy is very good at letting me know and i fix it, and ask if i was able to fix it at the end too. for anyone who is borderline on the rulebook, i am one person who was dismissed from league activity (not this league) and was able to clear my name through showing the willingness and actual fixing of my issues. or at least try to.

so if jim or any of QSF power ask you to fix it, fix it, they have nothing against you, and if you truely enjoy playing in the league you will.
    as for anything ive seen, i dont see anyone on my schedule who im even concerned about for violations, which is a first in the league in many years. so kudos to the league for that.

End random rant

• Like Like x 1
  5. CHUNKNESS

No worries Alex. If there are any concerns received, you will be informed, or anyone else for that matter. This was just posted in general to keep everyone on the up-and-up. No need for alarm.

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I confronted Doug multiple times about sandbagging it for 3 quarters, just to wake up in the 4th to kick my ass, take my lunch money, and steal a victory. Bastard does it to me every time.

Must be cheat codes. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. CHUNKNESS

me and my gameshark controller!

• Like Like x 1
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Thanks very much Doug!

First I will say, that I have never been a fan of complaining to your opponent during a game. As Doug said, if it is a major infraction that can change the course of a game significantly, then by all means bring it to their attention. If it's just a matter of a game play style concern; if you can, wait until after the game to mention it to them (and me). Now every situation is different, and certain game play styles CAN HAVE a significant impact on the game, so you have to use your best judgement. But please don't become the guy that bitches at (or about) every opponent, because they aren't playing to your liking. Ultimately this is a game, and our goal is to out play our opponents. If my opponent is doing too much of one thing, I make it my goal to shut that down (win or lose). If it was to an unacceptable level, then I will bring it up after the game and let them know. I would hope it would be corrected after that, and not a concern for that owner's future opponents. Ultimately I very much dislike interrupting the flow of a game to air concerns, unless absolutely necessary.

As far as bringing concerns to me; I also want to add to this that in discussing concerns, I have to keep an open mind, and I implore all of you to do the same. I am not going to take sides, I am going to look out for the best interests of the league as a whole. For instance, I can't immediately take action because an owner is overreacting after a loss. Many times in discussions, I am forced to play devil's advocate. That is not intended to dismiss any concerns as invalid, it is simply to get a better understanding of the entire scope of the issue.

In many instances, action will not be taken based on a single complaint, but all complaints are noted. If we determine there is a pattern with a particular owner, or if any single complaint is for a truly egregious offense, I think we have demonstrated that we will act swiftly and decisively when needed.

If there are concerns, we definitely need to hear about them. I think too many times guys swallow their tongues, because they don't want to be viewed as a complainer. It is up to each and every one of you to make this the best league possible, and we are one of the best league out there for a reason. We have a great group of owners that by and large support each other and look out for the best interests of the league as a whole.

I want to thank you all for such a successful beginning to The Q! Keep up the good work!

~Jim

• Like Like x 3
  9. CHUNKNESS

DarkKnight89
    Glen Cieske

Kenri and Glen, just another FYI...

• Like Like x 2
  10. CHUNKNESS

Mugga

Forgot to tag you on this one, too, Reis.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CHUNKNESS

David Froisland

One last item to bring to your attn David. I promise. ;)