When to put yourself on Auto Pilot, When to take a sim?

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by antcap24, May 4, 2013.

1. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am sure this has been something that everyone has been involved with in one way or another and thought it would be good for a discussion to take place in order to see what people feel is fair.

I personally feel that this falls into the dont be a douche rule. If you have limited availability for a certain advance time and your opponent has full availabilty other than that small window in which you were available, I think you should do the right thing and put yourself on Auto.

I think that there will be times in which both users will have a good amount of available time to play but their opponent's and their's schedule just dont coincide and a SIM is the fairest option as neither is at fault for the game being unable to be played.

I find too many times reading through scheduling threads that people are taking SIMS in which both opponents dont see eye to eye on the matter.

I figured I would bring this topic up in order to see if what everyone's thoughts on the subject and possibly have somewhat of a standard to avoid some undiscussed friction that has gone on.

• Like Like x 5
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think you hit it on the head there antcap24 If someone is only available at one specific time and their opponent can't make that, but is available for the majority of the rest of that week, certainly the first guy should offer to go on auto. Beyond that, guys who don't respond to scheduling attempts made by their opponent should also go ap (if necessary). Poor scheduling communication is a pet peeve of mine...lol

I don't think schedules that just don't work, where each player has multiple times that just don't coordinate warrant an ap. A sim there seems the fairest.

• Like Like x 1
  3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Yes, when owners fail to schedule early or do not respond until day 2 of the scheduling period with the ability to only play at one time or else they cant play, drives me nuts. I tend to make the sacrifice because I hate sims, but I feel that we should all respect each other a bit more with communication.

If you know you are going out of town and cant play certain days, I feel that not only should you post it in that "Out of Town " thread but you should also find out which opponent(s) that will affect and tag them in that thread making them aware of your absence. Also, in addition to that, contact them with early warning to let them know of your limited availability so they could possibly prevent making plans ahead of time.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Thank you antcap24 , at this time of year & this point in the cycle AP games and sim games are going to happen.

I have always been of the mind that if you are 100% not going to make it out yourself on AP , don't make the other guy feel like a d-bag and ask. I personally rarely miss games , but there are times where where schedules don't jive and one guy can play at X time but other guy can't play until Y time. That should be a sim IMO unless one guys is much less availible or did not put up proper effort to get it scheduled.

Just my 0.02$

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I also suggest that you never ....... Ever ..... Ever ask Shaun to put somebody on AP lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I was hoping it should never have to come to that, if we all showed more respect in knowing when to put ourselves on AP

7. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

antcap24 I think the Falcons should go AP for week 10 because I wouldn't want to see a grown man in the fetal position after a Madden game.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Bumping

• Like Like x 1
  10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I think this should be re-communicated to everyone but i guess thats what bumping is

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'll take a bump

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

We're looking at you Sir Baron.

14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    In Frankie's defense he did say he thought he did but we all know how the red Baron can be

15. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Nobody should ever come to Frank's defense. If Baron showed up with a blank check at OMlawdog 's law firm requesting his defense, I'd hope he'd turn him away.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Are we bumping this because of capp34 's hilarious/priceless comment at antcap24 or because of the rule? Lmao glad this got bumped.

17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  18. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

• Like Like x 2
  19. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

You would bring back those frustrating but good memories. Those were days though we may get back to that intense rivalry one of these days but right now I will settle for real life bragging rights. Saints 3-0 and at the top of the division.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

This should be common sense.

Go on AP if you know you will be unable to play the game in the 48 hour timeframe.

Take a sim if neither of your schedules match up. (i.e...One person can play only Monday while the other can only play Tuesday)

I wouldn't say NEVER ask Shaun to put you on Auto because there are special circumstances out there. Hopefully he would accommodate if they were legit enough.

21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Fucking bump

• Like Like x 5
  22. dakota7

Bump

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Instead of saying bump you guys should just tag people- lol.

24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I'm still salty I only got one like for posting that Hammer video

25. dakota7

Bucs