When would you guys like to start

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I guess there's two options and as usual I want the league to speak as a group on what it wants to do. I worry that if we wait too long then we will miss a bit of the initial spark.

However if we wait for the next game update we might avoid some bugs.

I think there is a season-end glitch related to the coaching carousel that I think we can avoid if we just don't have coach carousel on. I already feel it will result in a lot of horrible cpu teams that fire their coach, hire a coach with a new scheme, but don't have the personnel to run the new one. And I don't believe for a minute that they will effectively recruit for the new scheme. The CPU is beyond helpless in recruiting this year. Much worse than before IMO.

However in the past we would have been smart to wait for that first update then start up.

We have named rosters that are fine... Not perfect, but I really don't care about that.

Let me know what you guys want. I won't start a poll, but please check in.

jms493
    Mogriffjr
    HotRod
    MaxATX34
    Blaza
    jfosh
    NYJuggalo45
    The Parrothead
    Riptides
    smlVICTORIES53
    Twister18

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'd like to hold off at least until mid/late next week. That should be enough time for all the psycho's at OS to find all the glitches so we at least know what we're dealing with. Having to start over is the worst.

Maybe run a small jamboree type tourney if guys' juices are flowing (no homo).

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would like to start ASAP but I am on vacation next week. :(

I will have my box with me so playing CPU games should not be a problem but playing a user game could be problematic.

It probably would not be bad to wait a few more days or a week as blaza said to find out what bugs we should be aware of. yes starting over is the kiss of death.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i say start immediately. i personally think the end of season bug might have been directly related to release day/servers crash. i am fine with the rosters if you guys said they are good/close. as long as they are named / big moves made, then we're good.

T1 has always had glitches, and we've always worked around them. and most of the patches fix already existing dynasties (atleast did in the past).

but whatever you guys wanna do im cool with

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Im hoping you're right. But I had 2 others try it multiple times still to no avail. Thing is, I wasnt getting that many people on the OD servers. I was normally like in the "teens" in terms of wait time for my advances, so Im not thinking there were that many people using the OD servers yesterday. Obvioulsy I could be wrong, but just the way it happened makes me think twice. Especially the message I got when exiting the dynasty.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ima scared of these bugs...

7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am for starting it at the end of the week. Just my 2 cents

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I just read that injuries dont carry over week to week? Is this true?

9. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Let's start at the beginning of next week. We still should look at sliders and whatnot.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm down for waiting for the new week to come through.

11. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Im down for waiting

12. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Sure. Next week is fine with me.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Are we waiting for the first update, or until Monday? I don't see the magic of 7/18 per se...

Are we waiting just to hear about other possible bugs, or to find good slider settings, or what? I like the idea of waiting for the next (so I guess that's the second) update.... But don't see the point of waiting until some set date in time necessarily.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

And not only do we not have a date of when the update will come, but what exactly will it fix. Whose to say EA even thinks the "end of season bug" is a bug. It might just be server overload.

We need Ryno to give us an update on what EA is saying.

15. Blaza

It'd be suicide to start right away IMO. I say we give it until midweek of next week at the earliest. Maybe even start next weekend. Isn't jms493 gone next week?

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I say we either wait for an update or start. How would "suicide" be avoided by starting next week instead of this week? The game will probably be identical then.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

not sure if this means anything, pagamer seemed to indicate so...

in the end of bug thread, Hack said the same exact problem happened on the PS3. And Pagamer pointed out that that is probably encouraging as the same bug on both systems is unlikely. It probably is the server overload.

18. Blaza

Yes, I meant at least give it time to find out if there will be an update or not.

We should know the answer to that in the next few days or so I would think.

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

the problem with waiting is we have NO IDEA how long we will need to wait......start

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blaza

Fair enough. You still outta town this week? I'll take Penn St OOC please. Thanks.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

EXACTLY!

If we knew...next Tuesday a patch will come out which addresses A-B-C-D-E...and issues B & C relate to us...we wait.

But we don't...and whose to say waiting a week we will get an info.

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The box and internet access is coming with me.....just don't make me play a user as scheduling a game could be a problem

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Helli said last night we're going with real schedules for year 1. So just check PSU's real schedule and see who you play first few weeks.

And 1 added bonus if we start now...we'll be ahead of the Deuce...atleast for a week or 2 (y)

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On