Where do you want to end up?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Keller, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I figured with all the CC movement that is upcoming, as well as the forced movement that is probably looming, why not have a small discussion about where everyone wants to go and maybe about where they 'should' go.

Does anyone know what B1G jobs might be opening? We need a Frisk job security update.

Are we dead set on having everyone in the main conferences after this season?

So where do you want to go and where do you think people should go?

Additionally, what about guys already in the main conferences - where do you guys want to go? Shaun, I know you're not happy in Colorado - where do you want to end up? BBJ, Sanders, Drift, Frisk - you guys content staying at your schools for the duration? What about if a primo job opened up at USC or Michigan or the like?

I obviously am 100% settled - I'm not leaving OSU unless I get ran out of town.

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'd like to go to Michigan but wherever I go this year is where I will stay unless I get fired. I don't like changing teams.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I would like to be the HC of Northwestern.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Iowa is going to be available after next year.

Without this thread turning into a 10 page thread, we need to start talking about a reasonable way to do coaching carousal, as well as getting coaches in spots that make sense for the league in the event CC doesn't let it happen.

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The way my season is going so far, a shot at the Stanford HC job might not be out of the question... If not I would love a job like Utah or Northwestern.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I thought we were just picking teams.

8. Keller

2 factors, at least that I can think of - that we have already touched on to some degree.

1) What is fair with respect to "reasonable" coaching movement. What I mean is - what should have the coach reasonably attained?

2) What is fair with respect to competitive balance. Obviously allowing me to roll another season in the B1G unchecked is just ridiculous - we need to make sure we are corralling that, somehow.

--
    --

So in my estimation then, we probably need to strike a balance somewhere in between 1 and 2. If we heavily weigh the first factor, the second factor will be neglected and there will be some imbalance. If we heavily weigh the second factor, you can argue that someone who has actually earned a marquee job is kind of getting screwed a bit - whether or not they are in a marquee job currently or looking for one.

I'll have to think about it but I can't think of any league wide rule that would fairly navigate such a delicate situation.

9. OMlawdog

Im not certain that got settled. I know we are going to give the CC a whirl this offseason, and then see where everyone lands and go from there.

Its the go from there that I want to talk about. Look Im a proponet of just picking teams, but I also want to be fair to the guys that are OC's or are at jobs they aren't thrilled at.

What is everyone's thought about how we move forward and get this league back to where it needs to be as far as a competitive and fun league. I feel like this season has been hard for several reasons, and I just want to get back to where we should be as a league, and I want to figure out how to do that in a fair manner.

10. Keller

Oh?

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I say we play the CC out, see what comes out of it. It we cant get it to work to better the league then we may have to resort into just moving guys into their desired spots.

12. Keller

I think as long as we get back to everyone having fun - we're at least heading in the right direction. What that means exactly as far as the league goes, I don't know - but if everyone's not having fun wtf is the point?

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i want a HC position...i am at the point after losing to washington that i may just go after my goals while i pull a jason garrett of its 3rd and long and we need a drive how about a draw....Then i'll smirk at the HC and shrug my shoulders hey i thought it would work buddy hope you don't get fired..

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I just wonder what happens when someone gets fired from the Big 10.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Who knows, the game might make them president of the NCAA.

If someone gets fired then they will get moved down to a lower tier MAC-CUSA team.

16. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

LOL.

17. OMlawdog

Are we really considering this or is sarcasm?

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Not sarcasm. If you get fired from a B1G or PAC-12 program and don't have any other offers to come back, you'll get placed back into the non-BCS conferences until something else opens up.

19. OMlawdog

So even if you have a good season or have done a decent job and get fired, and everyone else is in either the Pac 12 or Big 10, we are going to let that user get stuck in CUSA or the MAC by himself?

Why would we do that? It seems like all that would do is isolate a user and pretty much make that season irrelevant for him, and possibly the next one as well.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    1) If we feel that it is an unjust firing, then we can tackle that differently. I'm talking about stringing three seasons together and totaling less than 10 wins collectively. You know, Bondzai-ing a school.

2) If you legitimately get fired, you deserve to be by yourself ("demoted"). It's not that hard to complete enough contract goals to save your ass.

21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

[​IMG]

22. Keller

Best GIF ever.

23. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Looks like just about everyone else answered so now i will...

I dont care where i go to be honest.... Possibly on auto for a while.... maybe even nah, i cant say it... im not that unhappy.... This current season has probably been the least amount of fun I have had in the Deuce... (Aside from my game with Lawdog) I am not going to get into the reasons why on the boards........

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You chose to go back to Ball State Jr. You could have been in the Pac-12 if you wanted.

Personally, I wish I would have stayed at UTEP and been in the CUSA by myself.

25. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

it has nothing to do with Ball State or Washington State..... unfortunately... i wish it did....