Where do you want to start your coaching career in '12?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jun 6, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Just thought this could help with ironing out our ideas on where we want to go. I know that this year I am excited to play anybody in this league! I've been talking to guys in the league to see where they are leaning towards coaching. This can also help with keeping up some interest and discussion going.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Whatever division Tracy is in so I can keep putting him away :D

In all seriousness, I am leaning towards a few C-USA and Sun Belt schools at the moment. I most likely will want to start as an Offensive Coordinator unless I feel the team really needs a boost of morale on the defensive side of the ball.

And just an FYI. In Coaching Carousel, you have the ability to switch what side of the ball you control, however there will be a rule in place forcing you to stick to the side of the ball you are Coordinating.

3. controllerabuser

So we are only going to control one side?

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

No in user games you still will have the ability to control both, and if you are promoted to a Head Coaching job. But I have read that even if you are a coordinator, you have the ability to switch back and forth (from game to game -- not in the middle of a game). So we need to have a rule that limits an OC to only be in control of the offense (others than user games) and ditto for DC.

5. controllerabuser

Gotcha

6. controllerabuser

I'm looking at a couple squads. I would really like to see the rosters because who knows.. I might end up staying at the school for more than a few years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Easy for you to say the team(s) you are interested in with the #1 pick brotha. For everyone else, if we share our inner secrets, someone ahead in the draft may steal the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Might want to Leave Rice alone CA, That was Tracy's baby in Evolution.

@CA

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'm also looking C-USA or Sun Belt. That is it for me. I'm gonna be honest, I'm pretty tired of playing northern programs every year...and being that I am likely going to be Penn State in Sim Nation, and Pac12 (if it remains 6v6) in BfR....south is it for me. Unlike the freckle faced, pale skinned brotha above...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Subject to change...more than likely

• Like Like x 1
  10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Smu or north Texas here. Gotta stay with my home teams

11. controllerabuser

I'm not trying to steal secrets lol.. I just wondered where guys are thinking of going.

12. controllerabuser

I got that #1 spot homeboy ;)

13. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

[​IMG]

1) Southern Miss cause I have an unexplained urge to eventually be Dan Mullen's OC at Miss St. and 2) Ohio cause of unexplained urge to master the Pistol.

14. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Whats with the lovefest with Conf. USA??? I was seriously considering Conf USA as well. I would be willing to bet that S Miss, SMU, UCF, Tulsa, and maybe more will be 3 star programs. Unless I read Hacks other thread wrong...are we not limited to 1 & 2 star programs??

MTSU, LA Tech, or Troy are not bad places to start either.

If everyone wants to start in USA...that would be interesting as hell, a lot of head to head matchups and recruiting battles.

I would also be starting out as O.C.

15. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

You are correct sir. Just have to play the waiting game to get the official word from EA on what those programs will be. The list I have provided on the first post of the team selection thread is just a guideline based on the 2011 ratings until then.

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Or use your resources in a RynoAid ;)

I do see the possibility of some of these programs being a 3 star.

Since only 4 guys can go in a conference/region and the high volume of guys wanting in CUSA, I see...at #6, me being forced to NOT pick a team from that conference. However, guys taking Rice, SMU, UTEP, and SunBelt North Texas would make for some very interesting recruiting battles.

17. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

18. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Not sure yet, will look at the list and find my team. But either way, I will be starting on the best side of the ball.....the darkside.