Where does the Merger stand?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by kdpnutter, Oct 20, 2010.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Okay, we know we are merging, and we know the basics of how your going to select teams.

When will we know who gets what team?
    When is the new league starting?
    When is the new file being created?
    When are we going to know who is in the new league?
    When will the draft be with the new file or are we having a new starting point instead of simming the first season?

Those are just a few things that I'm sure people are wondering. As I know I am wondering some of them.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Right now myself, Bing, and Chicken are having conversations about the right way to do things. We're all keeping track of activity levels and participation as best we can. Thats whats going to determine who gets what team.
    1. As to when we will make that decision? After both seasons have concluded and before the draft.
    2. The new league is tentatively planning to kickoff Monday 11/15. More importantly, the rookie draft that leads into season 2 will happen the weekend before 11/15 so 11/12-11/14. We will pick a day that works for the majority of people and go with it.
    3. The new file is created already BUT the roster is not up to date. For example, Randy Moss still plays for the Pats and Lynch still plays for the Bills. I'm talking with Bing and Chicken about what to do about it. If we can wait longer to start a new file - in hopes of the roster getting all the way up to date - we will.
    4. This ties into 1. Right now we stand at less than 5 open slots.
    5. The starting point will still be the Season 2 offseason. We will do a resigning period where you may sign your restricted FA's (your restricted FA's are guys that had contract's expire after season 1.) This will occur very quickly right before the draft. Probably a 48 hour period tops. Then we will have the rookie draft. Then we will have a contract period where myself and maybe a couple others reconcile spreadsheets and ensure everyone's cap numbers are correct. Then we will have a real free agency period - generally 3 or 4 days where people bid for free agents. After that, we kickoff Season 2!

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Sounds good to me. My only suggestion would be to hold off on using the latest roster updates until we get closer to the offseason to ensure more accurate ratings, updated contracts, and roster movements.

4. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

More importantly.. What is up with everyones non football related Avatars.... Do I need to change mine to a picture of my kid to fit in?

5. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Haha mine is college football at least. Speaking of college football, anyone else ready for #11 Mizzou to beat #1 OU tomorrow night!?