Where you going?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Oct 20, 2011.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

As we rapidly approach the offseason, its time to talk coaching carousel. I think its safe to say we've all been a little disappointed in the job openings so far, but this offseason looks to be different. As many as three bona fide monster jobs could be open, LSU, Ohio State and Texas. A number of other quality BCS jobs look to be opening, among them Clemson, Georgia Tech, Purdue, Arizona State, BYU, as well as a quality non-AQ job at Houston. The only alma mater is LSU, which is recchem2000. Has he done enough to earn the best job this offseason? How much will the alma mater bonus play into LSU's decision on its new coach? Will mboda keep the streak alive and change schools again? Will gowazzucougs leave his beloved Washington State for greener pastures? Who will be the next coach to turn down his extension and gamble on the carousel being kind? IMO, this is the most interesting offseason yet and will shape the rest of the dynasty as we go forward.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im in a good spot...still have a year left on my contract at San Jose. I doubt im in the running for the LSU job but I would love to get the hell out of San Jose ASAP. If I can win the WAC title tonight, who knows, anything is possible.

3. dakota7

I think Bowl victory bonuses and conference championship bonuses are huge at this point, because you can't take them away prior to the carousel.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well I have yet to get either so that would be huge for me going into this offseason carousel!

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Texas is looking pretty sexy right now for me. I wonder if I'll get the job offer

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

They are a 4 star team now and maybe could drop to 3 star status if they have a bad year this year. Not sure how they are doing now.

7. dakota7

7-4 ovr 4-4 conf so not too good.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

A. It's a recruiting hotbed, with it being in Texas and its pitches.

B. Brown couldnt get his guys to perform. Thats where I come in and bring in my schemes.

C. I did go to Texas for a year. They were gonna be my alma mater if omega hadnt taken em.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am going through a serious debate at the moment, if I had pulled out a bowl bid I probably could leave, but I feel as if my work is not done in Pullman.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

unless a 5 / 6 star program or Illinois comes knocking, I am staying at MTSU for the next two seasons at least