Which of these 3 Video Football player types is most annoying?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Jun 3, 2012.

?

Which player type is most annoying?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2012.
  1. Pious Peter

6.3%
  2. Cheesy Chester

25.0%
  3. Toe-the-line Tom

68.8%
  1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

To me there are three types of video football players that probably draw some ire. I wanna know what's most annoying to you. And also if you are willing to admit if you fall within one of these categories... I would have to admit that the majority on this site probably aren't in any of these three. So that is good. :)

I will call the first one Pious Peter - Thinks he is beyond reproach and is constantly talking about sim play. Nevermind whether he really is or isn't that straight, he thinks he is, and that's all that counts. Sadly I sometimes fall under this category, I find myself talking to other people about how I've been trying to be better about this or that, I think it probably gets annoying.

Second one is Cheesy Chester - You can't figure out why this guy is on TSO, or hate playing him online for instance. Self explanatory

Third one is Toe-the-line Tom - Yes, he technically abides by the rules, but he is one of the worst guys in the league to play because he seems to know where the limit is on where somebody will complain, and is always hedging somewhere around that line.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm going #3... Because as a commish, I can always just kick #2 out of the league. Not annoying. Gone. GTFO.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I went with #1, since in my experience those are your biggest complainers as a commish, and these are the guys that after any loss you just know you will have a pm about how his opponent cheated him. Those guys cause nothing but headaches.

I have no problem booting guys who fall into category #2 or #3.

4. Dru50

Hellisan - you forgot the 'rules nazi' type of player, which is where I fit in....read the After Midnight rules thread if you need an example.;)

5. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I tend towards a #1 as well. Probably because I am still a bit behind on the sticks and get the shit beat out of me a lot. At some point, you have to feel like you are doing something right. I think it is human nature to claim the moral high ground when that is all you have.

#2 is the slimiest creature. I would say less than 1% of cheesing is actually "innocent" or "unintentional." Even if you did not mean to do it, you still got into a play or audibled or hot-routed into a play which provided the opportunity to cheese. Kind of like putting yourself in a room with hookers and blow if you are married. You might not have intended to bang one of them when the party started, but you put yourself into a position to make that mistake. The reason I detest #2 is because intentional cheese is like committing a felony. The player calls a play which he knows is cheese with the full intent to run said play with full knowledge of its illegality. It is contemplated and a decision is made to break the rules. The player has a guilty mind (referred to as "mens rea" in criminal law. When the cheezer snaps the ball, he has taken the last act that completes the crime (referred to as "actus reus" in criminal law). Much like real criminals, cheesers are selfish people who are either incapable of considering the cumulative effects of their cheesy play, or they just don't give a fuck. Getting away with it might be the fun. It has been proven that cheesing can lead to bigger crimes such as abuse of bath salts and cannabilism.

I have no problem with #3. I stay in #3 mode and I assume everyone else is all well. The whole point of any game is to win within the rules and players separate themselves into a hierarchy based upon a mixture of technical skill and ability to gain an advantage over other players within the rules. Toe-the-line-Tom does not meet the mens rea requirement of a crime - - he never intended to break any rule and, in fact, broke no rules. Most every sports league on any level has a competition committee that constantly analyzes game play, identifies weakness in existing rules and makes changes to the rules. Players are put on notice that a course of conduct which was not outside the rules before a date specified is now outside the rules. The rule of law in its simplest form.

I could understand your frustration as a commish dealing with it, but that is the nature of the game. And it being a pain in the ass is part of being a commish. At least you don't have to monitor the personal conduct of the virtual players. Think of poor Goddell.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Bunch of #3's

7. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

It's close between 1 and 3. They both need to be bitch slapped.

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

#3 doesnt bother me really, or maybe i need more details, i find a lot if people get mad when someone uses something that works, which isnt illegal or a money play. To me if a guy is beating me within the rukes i can try and get a rule changed, i can work to get better, or i can complain about him. To me, if i complain that i dont like the way he followed the rules i'm the douche, not him.

#1 is the worst to me because, as previously stated, they instantly complain after a loss. #1 seems to be the guy who says something like "that cheeser threw to his TE and slot WR all damn game, we have rules against that!" and then i look at the box scores and see the guy in question threw 26 completions, 5 to the TE, 5 to the slot, and 6 or 7 to his #1 and #2.... that shit pisses me off. Its the same guys that say bouncing a run outside is cheesing and then stack the D vs inside runs and manually shoot the gaps with an LB or FS, then when a guy gets stuffed 3 or 4 times up the middle he cuts the next 2 outside after seeing your strategy and gouges you and you claim he cheated.... GTFO bro, mix up your playcalling, if you force a guy to run outside dont friggin complain when he runs outside.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

#1 is the worst because they are the type will move to ban anything successful against them that they don't like. I have been in ODs before I found TSO with people like that, you ran for 300 against me with the FleXbox One therefore it is overpowered and banned

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#2 can just gtfo.

If I had to pick one for myself it would be #1, there are times I have publicly stated something sim I did and thought I should get a cookie-- when really someone should have just told me to stfu.

#3 is never fun to deal with... r.i.p. The Natural

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #3 all the way. There is plenty of grey and when you spend more time in the grey than you do in the white I want to crush you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dru50

Amen brother.....I love when you hear some guy who lost complain like, "All my opponent did was throw deep passes!" and then you find out he played nothing but press man coverage all game with no help over the top, or "My opponent ran with his QB too much!" and then you find out that the guy blitzes mercilessly.

That kind of stuff isn't 'cheese', it's called taking advantage of the retarded.

13. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Hugging Cat.gif

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Him, and "opinionated slider guy" probably should have had a place here, but I wanted to keep it simple.

16. Dru50

If you'd had "slider guy" as a choice I probably wouldn't have looked at the others.....hate that sum'bitch:).

17. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Ooooh, we had one of these in Coast 2 Coast. Pretty much ruined it for everyone.