Which one do u think wins alot of ball games... ur offense or ur defense?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Grizzlegoon, May 23, 2012.

1. Grizzlegoon

Grizzlegoon Walk On

i think my defense does

2. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

my defense does hands down. I love the chess game of trying to figure out my opponent. I'm an old school Bears fan though so defense is kind of engrained in me.

3. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Played a lot as OC coordinator - so you would think I would say offense, but it was defense in 12 hands down. I would hate it when my cpu controlled d couldn't stop anyone, and my games would get into shootouts with the victor being who could score last.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I enjoy playing Defense more than I do Offense, and usually my games are determined less by how much I score, and more I much I keep an opponent in check. Of course, there are those games where I can't stop a thing and I have to open up the offense too.

5. Jordan Kleinedler

Jordan Kleinedler Walk On

Definitely defense.. As they say defense wins championships, and offense wins games.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Nick Saban approves this message.

7. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

I'm an offense kind of guy. I can get the occasional user pick, but I love airin it out.

8. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Not picking on you Jordan,

But the saying is actually quite idiotic. Seeing how it takes winning games in order to win a championship. In fact most championships are decided by just one game, so technically ... you've just said that offense is more important ... but at the same time saying they are equal. See how the statement is bogus, it's coach and player speak, offers no real value to quantify the true value of superiority over the other.

As to which is more important to win a championship is personnel based. If you have a mediocre defense but a vastly superior offense, you can still win a championship. If you a mediocre offense but a superior defense you also could win a championship.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

The quote is "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships" which is valid.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jordan Kleinedler

Jordan Kleinedler Walk On

Yeah that's what it is. You got my point, I just find it more exciting personally when you make a big stop on defense to win the game. Or shut an opponents offense down the entire game. Offense is fun though, I run the Michigan State pro style offense and it can be frustrating for an opposing player to stop.

11. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

That it is.
    Yeah, I am big believer in dominate defenses and balanced offenses. I just think the way most people spout off defense wins championship can get a little overrated.

Especially in the NCAA 12, I mean when you can take a team outside of the top 50 in overall defense and win a BCS NC with the top ranked offense at a school like Baylor ... just goes to show that it's not as black and white as one statement. But I do get the gist of what you're saying.

K, off my soap box.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

For me, my offense can only loses me games way more than my defense does. I can't throw 1 interception without throwing 3 more.

13. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, special teams wins championships.

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

In the online dynasty I run, every year except this one, year 7, my defense has carried my teams. This year, my offense has been carrying my team. In the other online dynasty I am in my defense has been terrible so I usually need to outscore my opponent.

In 10 & 11 I built my teams around defense while I learned the option attack. When I was good my defense carried my team. I won many games at that time scoring no more than 21 points.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JFunk34

Is that you Frank Beamer?

16. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

One game, I played as Florida, and 99 speed Jeff Demps ran back 2 kicks for TDs.

17. JFunk34

Speed will do that in this game. I've seen a 79 overall corner with 99 speed and acceleration run back 12 kicks in one season. There is a science to it once people learn how to defeat the pursuit AI.

18. Chucky Brown

Chucky Brown Walk On

i think my defense

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What's up Chucky, did you end up just creating a new account?

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Bro how are you doing

For me it is definitely my defense. My offense is streaky. Like one time it could be very good, another time awful. My defense is pretty consistent. I give up points some games more than others, but I tend to create more turnovers in the games where I get scored on. For whatever reason I have good defenses year in, year out. (probably good recruiting)