Which recruit are you looking forward to getting on the field most in season 6?

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Thought it would be good discussion fodder for everyone to identify which recruit from your class this year are you most looking forward to getting on campus next season.

For Florida St it's WR Jay Arnold. The kid is the #1 recuit in the nation, and is built in the AJ Green mold. 6'3" with some real speed and acceleration, but also solid route running and catching skills for a freshman. He'll give QB Brenton Newby the deep threat that the team is really lacking this year.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

There are probably a couple of recruits I can't wait to get on the field. First is QB Jason Nichols and Stevie Williams. WSU is very questionable at QB next season with the next year's potential starter Romero being currently rated at 67. Now I don't necessarily remember signing 2 4 star QBs because I think both were listed as ATH. Second is WR Jason Robinson because who is next year's starter going to throw the ball to. Finally, the Cougs are addressing the defensive needs with CB Lewis Elliott. The Cougs signed the 3 CBs this year, but Lewis is the best. Against UCLA and UW the Cougs got burned on corner/post corner routes. This must stop, because UCLA likes to run the corner route which they did effectively against the Cougs.

Additionally, Dru that Jay Arnold guy is going to be pretty damn good.

3. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

On the offensive side of the ball I am looking forward to getting QB Brandon Mackay(6'-2 227lbs, B spd, B+ agl, B- elus, B thp, C tha) on the field for spring drills. Mackay was the #4 overal rated qb and #2 rated scrambler. With Texas switching to a mulitple or spread offense next year I am excited to see if this kid can get on the field and make some plays happen.

On the defensive side I am looking forward to the #1 ovl rated OLB Alex Castello(6'-2 236lbs, B spd, B tkl, B- play recg). Texas is losing all 3 starting LBs to graduation this year and this kid will have a chance to start as a true freshman.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Offense
    - (*****) WR Wesley Burgess has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) WR Ricky Herron has committed to Ohio State (JUCO JR)
    - (****) WR Jermaine Henry has committed to Ohio State (JUCO JR)
    - (****) WR Jamar Diggs has committed to Ohio State

Defense
    - (***) CB Ryan Moore has committed to Ohio State (JUCO JR)
    - (*****) FS Markeith Harrison has committed to Ohio State

Ranked in order from top to bottom. I lose my top 4 wide receivers (including TE Murray) and have very little talent coming back at that position. Burgess and Herron will likely start next season and Henry could also see significant time at that position. On defense I have problems with my secondary and I'm hoping Moore can step in immediately as a #2 or #3 depending if Ross Hand comes back. Harrison also could see time on the field due to his athleticism and tackling ability but he has issues in coverage that could cause him to redshirt.

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Offense
    - (*****) WR Adam Warren has committed to Penn State

Will probably be the #3/4 WR, but with thoughts of moving toward a spread playbook, he would see the field quite a bit. Sub 4.40 speed and could be Penn State's next deep threat.

Defense
    - (*****) FS Chris Hill has committed to Penn State
    Will probably start as a true freshman, moving current starter Ridgeway to CB, as I am ecpecting him to come in rated higher. Another speedster in the secondary with 4.32 speed, who should be able to cover alot of ground at the FS spot.

6. Dru50

I'm also looking forward to :4stars: DE Will Butler. We lose at least 2 and possibly 3 players at DE this offseason, and how Butler comes in rated will determine in a great portion whether we have to switch defenses to more of a 3-4 look next year.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

To be honest, most if not all of my incoming true freshmen will redshirt, I have a pretty deep team

8. Dru50

Who's playing QB and HB for you next year, especially if Wright goes pro? Looking at your roster, you'd be left with a 66 and 68 OVR at QB and nobody rated higher than 72 OVR at HB, I figured you'd definitely have freshmen looking to come in and contribute there.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Wright ain't going pro, I gotta feeling on that...and looking at my :5stars: HB's ratings I'll most likely redshirt him. My :4stars: QB may get a chance to start, but I don't like starting freshman QBs

10. Dru50

I hope you are right for your sake. But I think I won't be the only one shocked if a 97 OVR QB who's had the year Wright has had (big stats and a major award) doesn't try to go pro. I think that freshman will likely be starting for you next year, but I could be wrong (definitely wouldn't be the first time).

11. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I had a feeling once....turned out to be bad mexican food! To quote an old country song "Thank God and Greyhound shes gone" because Wright is NFL bound!

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

Has an outside shot at the #2 spot or at worst could be the #4 WR depending on progression

[​IMG]

Has an outside shot at the #2 spot or at worst could be the #4 WR depending on progression

[​IMG]

Probably ends up as #3 CB depending on how Mitchell progresses and if Hand decides to stay with the team

[​IMG]

Probably second string free safety unless Cox goes pro

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

My OL is getting rebuilt this offseason and 1 or 2 may start because of the C I gained during transfers last season, BUT I cant wait to see this guy on the field after training results:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Oh, hes a 91 overall and will be a RS Jr next season.

14. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

Holy Moses, I recruited like ass. What a bunch of losers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dru50

Sorry, but that made me nearly spit out my coffee this morning. Funny stuff.