Which Teams do we add to the SEC?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Wyrmreaver, May 30, 2012.

?

Who do we add to the SEC?

1. Florida State

87.5%
  2. Miami

25.0%
  3. Georgia Tech

12.5%
  4. Clemson

50.0%
  5. Texas

12.5%
  6. Baylor

12.5%
  7. Some other team/teams not listed here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I would like to see one florida school and one texas school added so that no user has either state to himself

• Like Like x 1
  3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I picked FSU and Clemson. But Miami could go as well, don't really care. Whygod brings up a good point though. But moving another Texas team might be too much although Mexi and Jayrah would have a nice rivalry with UT and A&M

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I think we let the team that makes the pick decide who we are moving over... from the ACC. not from the Big XII.

We dont need a poll for this.

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I don't think any user is going to have Texas to themselves. LSU and Bama recruit Texas pretty well and I'm certain that whoever is Mizzou and Arkansas will have Texas pipelines as well.

In my opinion, it makes more sense to move 2 ACC teams, as the Big 12 already lost two teams to the SEC (A&M and Mizzou).

6. Cheez

Assuming we dont revisit - we are adding FSU without a doubt for Kapono

7. Wyrmreaver

I voted FSU and Clemson because.......

A) I think they make the most sense geographically
    B) They fit in nicely in the SEC East (move Mizzou west where they belong) in terms of rivalries
    C) Both are very nice spots for users to land in terms of what I expect their rosters/prestige to look like

I think Georgia Tech is the next best fit after those two.

I only included Texas schools to provide more balance to the poll. I agree with Cheez that when we do a team draft we could simply say SEC + 2 from the ACC and the first 2 guys who select ACC schools essentially make the pick for the whole league

8. Cheez

Im saying that there wasnt a need for the poll. We should let the person who wants to pull a team from the ACC decide who the second team will be.

Furthermore, GA Tech and Miamia fit just as well geographically as Clemson, so I dont see your point there. Moreover, Miami should be a good spot to land, too.

Either way, it should be up to that person who makes that switch. Not the whole group.

9. Wyrmreaver

I don't think anyone should be guaranteed any school...... I think we should just do a random order draft, most the guys here are close enough in skill level.... if FSU is available for Kapono, great, if someone else gets them or if two other ACC schools are already taken then we move on. The only other thing I would say about draft order is that if you know you are one of the "better" players, try and restrain yourself and leave 'bama/LSU etc for the other guys.

10. Cheez

then what was the purpose of the mock draft that you had - where we locked a bunch of people into schools?

Also, what's then the point of moving teams over to begin with? The reasoning behind this was to ensure that people got who they wanted. Sorry Kapono for continuing to bring you up, but there's no doubt he wants FSU. So it was decided to bring them over specifically.

11. Wyrmreaver

I don't disagree..... I think Clemson/South Carolina is bigger than Miami/Florida..... And by no means do I think the poll in this case should be making a decision. I was curious to see what everyone thought..... don't get chippy with me Josh, it's all hypothetical until we roll out a real team draft anyways..... hopefully we do that soon?

(y)

12. Wyrmreaver

Mock draft was just to get an idea of where people would land and what their thought processes were.

The 16 team conference idea wasn't just so one guy could have a specific school, it was a bonus that he could likely get them. At least that is what it was from my POV.

Regardless, if we lock him at FSU or not is unimportant to me, I don't want them and I wouldn't try and block him if I chose ahead of him.

13. Cheez

Dont take this the wrong way, but im trying to figure out the logic here. It really seems like we are working backwards when we have damn near everything set.

We dont need this set in stone. We shouldnt have it set in stone. All youve done is bring up the question "why are we moving teams anyway" when we have enough teams in the SEC as it is to fill all of our needs. If we aren't locking in FSU for Kapono, a large reason behind adding teams to begin with, then what's the purpose of it other than random silliness?

I'm not trying to be chippy neal. I'm really not - but I'm probably coming across that way because im tired as hell and had a shit day at work. I apologize if that's the case. But try to understand where I'm coming from here

14. Dru50

I would hope that everyone would be cool about it and let Kapono get his favorite team. But that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dru50

I personally would like to get teams picked because then I can use the next month to start learning about the team I'll use. It helps me get attached to them for the game cycle.

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah I'd say whoever has the choice between Miami and SC should be able to choose. Personally, I think UM would be a good team for recruiting battles in the state of Florida, but SC-Clemson is a better overall rivalry and that would give SC a user to recruit against. Also thanks for adding FSU to this, I appreciate that. But I don't want the people taking Tennessee or Mississippi St. (examples) to think I got a better team and think it's unfair.

17. Dru50

I for one wouldn't care. Live yer dream.

18. Wyrmreaver

No worries man..... Part of the reason we wanted to do 16 teams was to give slightly less user games. For Kapono, Me and maybe others, 7, 8, or 9 user games per year feels like a bit much while 5-7 seems much more doable.

That's my reasoning for wanting 16 teams..... otherwise I would be in favor of a 2 conference setup.

19. Cheez

Can I do that too? I have a nice dream where i do unspeakable things to a few busty coeds :)

20. Wyrmreaver

I agree..... I'm all for starting a draft now! We'd just have to assume that whoever ends up being our 12th has the last pick

21. Cheez

I honestly dont ever recall that being mentioned, but I am so out of it right now I dont know up from west and black from left

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wyrmreaver

I'd say yes..... live your dream..... and provide photographic evidence :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cheez

It wouldnt be fair for the 12th person to simply pick 12th simply because they arent in the league yet.

We have like 6 weeks yet. Lets take some time here.

24. Wyrmreaver

Well...... if you'd grab a 12th person already......

25. Cheez

You dont know how many people I have reached out too...

Ask recchem, he's suggested most of them