While I'm at it.... Play Action... Read Option...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Brian202202, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Does your QB EVER get the ball off in PA?

Is your QB terribly slow on the read option (kills my Umich Drob experience)

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I can get the ball of fine unless it's a heavy pass rush... if I see a blitz, I audible.

The read option is okay as long as you know the reads you have to make and they don't have an extra guy coming off of your read edge (they don't use the "don't leave 2" rule for some reason) or a guy you can't block coming up the middle.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That is the key guy for me, the MLB. In the 3-4 the weak side MLB will eat you alive on the read.

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Yea 3-4 will eat it up most of time but for the most part read works fine. Just a numbers game

5. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I guess to me the play just seems to develop so slowly that the D can generate nullifying pressure with just the Dline

6. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

with the spreads i run, if i face 3-4/4-3 now with my MTSU PB setup i will bubble and stick you to death to force you into a nickel or dime... i will make you play with 5/6 in the box... if im facing 4-2-5/3-3-5 i will pass to force man consistently and THEN go to my run game... you have to play numbers just like real life... and on the PA passes, if i read blitz up the middle i will hand the ball off to my RB and bounce it to get what i can get... if you can get outside quick enough and get a cut back to the middle you can sometimes bust around 8 or so yards off what should have been a sack...

"E"

7. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Yeah I guess I just don't understand real football that well... I'm not Jim Tressel or anything... In my experience it's always probably come down to... either you're a good team... or we're a better team... and 1 or the other beats the other one consistently... lol

8. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

im working on something with a bunch of other guys from the different forums that are major contributors for people just like you... will be a site (not a forum) where you can go and get the top playbook breakdowns by either real life coaches that can teach it the best, or top players that are well respected... this way you can learn about the real offenses with an "NCAA view" its in the beginning stages though so its got NOTHING on it yet... once i get it established and get my contributors stuff up ill rollout a site address here...

"E"

9. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Ya I doubt I'd ever do all that... I just want to play the game and it frustrates me that its so fakey

10. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

its not "fakey"... for the most part... there are some things to these offense you have to understand... counting the box being one of them... if you read around forums talking about playbooks and beating the blitz you will see the letters "cpa" a lot... means cancel play action as well for the most part people dont take time to set up their play action or try to force the play call vs someone who isnt going to fall for it... because theyre sending 5 or more every play...

but good luck bro

"E"

11. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I mean I can count the box but... I don't want to "read around forums" if I was going to spend that much time on it... I'd have a college coaching job...

12. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

okie doke then

"E"