While I'm in the mood to say stuff...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Kingerock, May 4, 2009.

1. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

While I'm in the mood to say stuff...

Don't advance in the middle of the day. 6 EST people are still at work. If we were in day 3 or 4 I get it. But we advanced Sunday morning and then again Monday at 6 EST. That's BS. I know it's only CPU games but we need to settle down. I'm enjoying the league and I'm not going to let break neck speed cause tension or drama for me.

What are we racing towards? We have 2 seasons and 2 1/2 months. For those of us that do things outside of the house please let's settle down and be considerate. 2 days per week is not asking too much.

That is all.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Here's my thoughts Kinger, uncensored.

You've made it abundantly clear that you plan your life around the game and not the other way around. I think you have a good perspective on things, etc. So you chose not to play yesterday. JMS simmed the game. You logged in to play the game, noticed it had been simmed, and immediately informed Rhude that you were available tomorrow even though you had just logged in to play a game today.

While "racing" isn't necessarily my suggestion here, I also see no reason to delay the league needlessly. Thoughts? Did you know Rhude for sure wasn't available already?

3. Kingerock

I saw he was playing another league game so I left a message. My comments come not from frustration at not playing the CPU, but I have already seen post wanting this game done by tomorrow night. We advanced 5-6 hours ago and I already feel pressure. Again just wanted to address something before it became an issue. If we were on day 3 or 4 I can see it, but I think 48 hours is more than reasonable.

We finished our offseason a week ago Sunday. We are in week 6. Maybe it's perspective but I don't see the need to have a 36 hour turnaround under most any circumstance.

And FYI I didn't play last night because I wanted to spend time with my girl then play some Tiger Woods with Bruce. I figured I'd play it tonight after I got back from my daughters softball game.

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

gotta agree with Kinger, the fun starts to fade when you feel pressured to play

It was funny in the beginning, but jms needs to lighten up

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. this isn't suppose to be stressful... i don't think 2 days is unrealistic to get a CPU game played in. I'm not sure why we are so determined to move at such a break neck speed the last 2 seasons... it seems we have plenty of time no?

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Seems a bit much since we had only adv Sunday morning.

We have moved at a good pace since the start and it wasnt like 24 hours was that much time with Monday being a work day and all.

Lets lighten up Francis.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hey Bruce... To embed the video, go to the youtube page where the video is, and copy everything in the "embed" tab, and then paste it here.

It's HTML, so it only works on this front page though...

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I say we change our league charter then, to say that we are a 1 game every 2 days league rather than a fast as you can go league.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

as fast as you can go means just that... as fast as EVERYONE can go... not as fast AS THE FASTEST IN THE LEAGUE can go.

If someone is holding us up beyond a 48 hour mark the situation should be evaluated.... but if everyone is done, we don't wait until 48 hour mark to advance. That's the meaning behind "fast as we can go"... i don't think holding guys to 24 hours to get a game in is realistic under any setup.

9. Kingerock

My issue was that a post about advancing was made at around 2:00 my time, and by 7:00 my time we advanced. Some of us work and can't always check the forums midday. I think we can solve it with common sense and patience, not sure if we need to address it in the rule book.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL at the francis thing though, seriously. I guess I hadn't seen that part, so JMS

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

For the record I didn't agree with the sim, hopefully that is backed up by the number of times we waited for you over the past two seasons. Nevertheless the continued commentary about how "some of us" work and "some of us" have a life outside of videogame football is kind of getting to me. If there's any way you could dismount the high horse that would be keen.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think he meant, some of us work at jobs that don't allow us to access the internet at work... not that some of us work and the rest of you are low life losers.

Let's get off the rag this week and keep moving. It's a misundertanding that is now being blown in other directions... just let it go. I don't think anyone is inferring you don't have a life outside of video games... jeez..

13. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Helli and jms have jobs??????

:D

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. their contracts kick in a soon as 24 hours has passed and there is still a game unplayed...

i kid, i kid.... :cool:

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well I'm definitely a low-life, degenerate gamer but that's beside the point.

16. Kingerock

I didn't mean an US vs. THEM by any means. I usually, like today, am always connected to the net and can check the forums. Yesterday I was out of the office, actually doing a golf thing with some of my members and then at my daughters softball game.

There is no high horse here, just wanted to get that off my chest before it began to bother me. I'm a gaming degenerate just like the rest of you.

I didn't want it to be a personal attack at anyone, and I can see the point has been made, so I wont post about it anymore.