Who Are We in The Q

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Big D, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Figured I would make my first post in the league one of my go-to favorites. My old OMFL friends here will recognize this. This is a little open ended question-and-answer that allows us to get to know each other a little better, and because, well, I'm brand new it will help me get to know you all!

Copy/paste the RED part here into your own reply and let us know more about you.

[INSERT PIC, IF YOU PREFER]

BACKGROUND
    1. Name:
    2. Age:
    3. Location:
    4. Job/School:
    5. Family/Pets:

6. YIM:

8. Best usual times to play:

MADDEN QUESTIONS
    9. Tell us the most memorable experience you've ever had playing Madden:
    10. Why do you play Madden?
    11. What is your biggest Madden or The Q accomplishment?
    12. What is your biggest Madden or The Q FAIL?
    13. What is your Madden gameplay philosphy?
    14. Who would you love to see on the cover of Madden '6?

'The Q' QUESTIONS (newbs like me, fill out as much as we can)
    14. What separates this league from the others?
    15. What is your biggest memory or takeaway from the last version (M25) in The Q?
    16. If you had the the power to make one rule, any rule, for The Q what would it be?
    17. Is there any piece of content you'd like to see The Q do regularly?
    18. Love getting to know league rivalries. Who are YOUR personal biggest rivals (owners) and why?
    -Owner 1:
    -Owner 2:
    -Owner 3:
    19. Give us a bit of an in depth prediction on the upcoming season for your team:
    20. Other than yourself, who has the best shot to win this upcoming 'Q Bowl'?

FUN QUESTIONS
    21. What are your favorite TV Shows right now?
    22. What great House of Westeros would you be (Game of Thrones)?
    23. There are a lot of great video and computer games coming up for release. Which game are you most looking forward to and why?
    24. Favorite Movie or Book in the past year:
    25. What musician/band is your guilty pleasure?
    26. What is your favorite hobby, outside of video gaming?
    27. If you owned a Yacht (or maybe ANOTHER yacht?) what would you name it?

WORD ASSOCIATION TIME! (Try to make it one word answers or as short as possible.)
    26. The Q:
    27. Madden 15:
    28. Heisenberg:
    29. Cheese:
    30. Soccer:
    31. Hangover:
    32. Chupacabra:
    33. Hogmollies:
    34. Legion of Boom:
    35. The Next 'Q' League Champion:

• Like Like x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thanks, Seth. Actually, Jim will be posting a mandatory "who's who" once all of the owners have been determined. We do one every year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big D

Big D Walk On

[​IMG]
    I'll let you guess which one is me, and which one is my bro ;)

BACKGROUND
    1. Name:
    Seth
    2. Age: 30
    3. Location: New Orleans
    4. Job/School: radio
    5. Family/Pets: My dog Heidi, and 2 cats T-Rex & Raptor
    6. YIM: sdunlap5518
    8. Best usual times to play: Weekdays after 5pm central, Weekends by appointment

MADDEN QUESTIONS
    9. Tell us the most memorable experience you've ever had playing Madden:
    Honestly, playing in a league for over two years with one of my best friends. We lived across the country from each other. I'm a diehard Seahawk fan and he is a die hard 49er fan. We got those team and had some epic battles in the regular season and playoffs. Awesome stuff.
    10. Why do you play Madden? Football, friends, and competitive fire.
    11. What is your biggest Madden or The Q accomplishment? Hmm, helping run the 'new' OMFL on the board during it's early years probably and help it grow from very unstable to very stable. We've parted ways for mutual reasons but I feel like I had a small part in helping grow it from nothing into something anyways lol.
    12. What is your biggest Madden or The Q FAIL? Getting absolutely WAXED by Gaddy in the playoffs one season. It is a beating I'll never forget.
    13. What is your Madden gameplay philosphy? This will sound like a cop out, but offensively I'm extremely fluid depending on the roster. Defensively, it's all about building the best front 4 possible, letting the CPU apply big time pressure, and being good on the sticks at the LB or safety spots. Really everything else builds around that little baisc theory.
    14. Who would you love to see on the cover of Madden 16? It won't happen as Sherman is on it this year, but a DangerRuss cover would be sick.

'The Q' QUESTIONS (newbs like me, fill out as much as we can)
    14. What separates this league from the others?
    I can already tell you one thing, the professional behind-the-scenes recruiting efforts here are top class. I've never seen anything like it in a Madden league.
    15. What is your biggest memory or takeaway from the last version (M25) in The Q? If I'm being honest, the mutual decision to leave my long time league. Was a tough choice. Miss a lot of guys there, but glad that there are a few of my friends I'll get to see here in The Q.
    16. If you had the the power to make one rule, any rule, for The Q what would it be? Mandatory streaming of games! I don't know if that is a rule or not, but since it's easy to do on PS4 I feel like that will really cut down on any conflicts or 'cheese' arguments that may arise.
    17. Is there any piece of content you'd like to see The Q do regularly? Power Rankings are always awesome, BUT one of my favorite pieces of content ever was a live draft 'broadcast', where you have a host and a couple analysts do a full show during the draft.
    18. Love getting to know league rivalries. Who are YOUR personal biggest rivals (owners) and why? Since I only know a few guys in the league, I can't comment too much
    -Owner 1: DJDunn - One of my best madden friends and really glad I get to rekindle the rivalry we've had. There are countless epic battles in the past.
    -Owner 2: TBD
    -Owner 3: TBD
    19. Give us a bit of an in depth prediction on the upcoming season for your team: There will be trades, big ones, early. That's not in depth but all I know so far without a team yet.
    20. Other than yourself, who has the best shot to win this upcoming 'Q Bowl'? From what I hear and remember, Chunkness with the Seahawks is pretty deadly. I'll put him at 3-1 to win it all.

FUN QUESTIONS
    21. What are your favorite TV Shows right now?
    Game of Thrones, Extant (good thru 2 episodes), Walking Dead, Looking
    22. What great House of Westeros would you be (Game of Thrones)? Stark. Duh! (From the cold north)
    23. There are a lot of great video and computer games coming up for release. Which game are you most looking forward to and why? The new Dragon Age, the new Civilization, and the new Lord of the Rings game
    24. Favorite Movie or Book in the past year: Finished the Millenium series. Wow epic (Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series)
    25. What musician/band is your guilty pleasure? Lady Gaga
    26. What is your favorite hobby, outside of video gaming? Fishing
    27. If you owned a Yacht (or maybe ANOTHER yacht?) what would you name it? Sherman's Bitch (with a picture of Kaepernick on the ass end)

WORD ASSOCIATION TIME! (Try to make it one word answers or as short as possible.)
    26. The Q:
    excited
    27. Madden 15: Past my prime
    28. Heisenberg: Miss you
    29. Cheese: ugh
    30. Soccer: Coming
    31. Hangover: Not recently
    32. Chupacabra: Where?
    33. Hogmollies: Underrated
    34. Legion of Boom: Also UNDERrated
    35. The Next 'Q' League Champion: NFC West

• Like Like x 1
  4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oh, well consider this just a little bonus then, haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Thanks Seth! As Doug said, we generally have a mandatory thread just like this, once the ownership roster is finalized.

You had some great questions that I may incorporate into our own thread!

For a preview of what our profiles look like, here are last seasons profiles: M25 Owner Profiles

For now I will lock this thread, so we don't jump the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.