Who are you?

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Gyrene76, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Name: Joshua Evans (TF name is pronounced -'Ji-Rene'
    Locale: Knoxville, TN
    Family: I just found out that my wife is pregnant! So I'm really stoked to be a dad. I love my wife very much.
    My personality is kind of tri-polar.
    One Side​
    One aspect of me is extremely nerdy. I read books like crazy. I got a scholarship even for the amount of books that I read. Apparently they were monitoring my library card and I quentupled the next closest student, lol. My favorite book is Moby Dick and/or Brothers Karamazov. I'm a big Melville and Dostoevsky fan. The nerdiness paid off. I graduated magna cum laude with a degree in political science (international relations emphasis) and pre-law.​
    2nd side​
    I work out a lot. Health and fitness is huge to me. I eat like 12 eggs every morning with 4 slices of wheat toast and a protein shake (and glutamine, creatine, arginine). So I love fitness...especially hitting the weights heavy. And not one of those guys who go in their throw on way more than they can do and make them self look extremely foolish. I played Linebacker in school and SS in college for a short stint (Tennessee Tech). I have been a jiujitsu practitioner for 8 years and have boxed for about 4. My dad was a marine so there was no choice in my house: fight or get destroyed, lol.​
    [​IMG]
    3rd side:

I am a loving husband and son. I love Jesus Christ more than anything. And I love my wife like crazy.

[​IMG]
    Furthermore, I love football. I'm a huge Vol fan (if you couldn't tell from my avatar) and I love the Atlanta Braves. I was born in the wrong decade because ten years ago both these teams were powerhouses, but they will bounce back there is no doubt about it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Ok, I'll play.

Matt
    36 years old
    Married, 1 son ( 20 months old) and number 2 is on the way
    Firefighter/Paramedic

Basically the opposite of Josh. I used to work out a lot, now I do it as little as possible. I get most of my protein the old fashioned way -- buffalo wings. Most of my carbs come from beer.

I spend my free time with my family or watching sports. And of course NCAA, which has dominated my gaming for the last 7 or 8 years.

3. Gyrene76

thats what is so hard man. Keeping in the gym after married and kids. I don't have kids yet, but I could imagine.

4. Gyrene76

So far you are the only one to play there Dakotah

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

32 years old... from Ohio. I am an account exec for a major communications company. It's not a bad gig... work in office some, home some, road some. Keeps things moving. I also played some college linebacker at D-II Tiffin University... Nate Washington, Chris Ivory...

My days consist of work, working out, playing basketball, drinking wine haha, and hanging with my girlfriend and pit bull puppy. Heading to Mexico in 31 days... I totally into FIFA 11 right now and can't even pick up CoD... meh... been there, done that I guess.

Love Michigan, Cleveland Browns, Aston Villa, and since LeBron left, I don't really have a NBA team...

6. Gyrene76

Hey Rich, looking for an employee? :)

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Haha... I highly recommend work from home jobs

8. Gyrene76

bump....only 3 guys?

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm working on it :p Been extremely busy lately lol. By the way Rich, Tiffin is about 30-45 minutes from Bluffton which is where I go to school. I actually was looking into going there for a while. Know a couple of guys who do but they're a bit younger haha. And I've also been getting big into Fifa 11, working on getting my pro decent so I can play with some of the guys on here.

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Cool, think about joining the TFL1?

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I've been debating. Been extremely busy lately so I haven't had much time outside of my NCAA leagues and school. Definitely something I'm gonna check out over break though.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Name: Michael Timpe
    Hometown: Swanton, Ohio

I'm currently going into my senior year at Bluffton University and majoring in information systems. Bluffton is a small division 3 school (around 1500 students) and I play soccer and run track there. For soccer I play outside mid and have been a starter since about midway through my freshman year, though our teams haven't had the most success. In track I do triple jump, 800, and both the 4x1 and 4x4 relays. Next year I'm hoping to finish in the top 3 in the conference in triple jump, I've only been doing it for a year and finished 9th last year so I have a lot of room to improve.

I've been playing video games since I was able to hold the controller (According to my parents I would try to play Super Mario Bros when I was about 2) and have always been really into the sports games. Last year was my first year doing any type of online franchise or dynasty and they all seemed to die out quickly... I'm also a part of the competitive community in Mario Kart Wii, so I do have some experience with the organizational aspects of online gaming.

After I graduate college next year I plan on trying to find a job that will pay for grad school, and if not I'll just be looking to find a job hopefully in an IT department of a business or something similar.

[​IMG]
    4x4 team from my sophomore year, finished 3rd in the conference. I'm on the left.

[​IMG]
    High school soccer.

[​IMG]
    College soccer.​

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Who am I?​

Name: Clay Frost
    Marital Status: Married
    Kids: 3 Boys (9, 7, & 7)
    Education: BA Business from USC Aiken
    Work: Bridgestone-Firestone South Carolina

I love my family. That takes up most of my time, well that and work. My biggest hobby is Clemson football. I enjoy playing NCAA 11 but usually only get to play when the wife and kids are in bed. I really hope to be apart of a great group of friends who play in a dynasty that can sustain throughout NCAA releases. I don't like to lose but do often, especially versus users. LOL

[​IMG]

Clayton (9) Lori (Wife) Landon (7)​

[​IMG]

Braidon (7)​

[​IMG]

Me & the Boys (Woot Woot)​

[​IMG]

We went up to Clemson to get the "Spiller For Heisman" posters and got to meet Dabo and got a personal tour of the facilities. (Long Story)​

Go Tigers!!!!!

14. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Very nice Clay... good to meet you.

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Nice man... now im feeling guilty for no pics hah.

16. Gyrene76

chick in that last picture is cute

(i kid i kid)

17. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

religion : Darwinism
    thoughts : I am hairless pink monkey stuck on a rock spinning a thousand mph revolving around a star at a clip of 67,000 mph. In a galaxy that has 200+ billion stars, just like the one we call the Sun. And it takes our "Sun" 250 million years to complete an orbit around the black hole that holds the our galaxy the Milkyway together. And that black hole and all of us are zooming away from the "Bing Bang" at about 300 Kilometers per second. Oh yeah and there is about 125 Billion other galaxies in the "known" universe. So as far as organized religion here on Earth....dont make me laugh. There is a reason there are about 100 excepted religions around Earth and it ain't because they are all right. ;) So, I ask you...whats the opposite of everyone being right....lol...exactly. Somebody cue some Metallica : Fade To Black. Our "Sun" has 4-5 billion years left in it's tank. But unfortunatley the Andromeda Galaxy will devour us in about 3.5 billion years. Either way, by the time that happens. Humans will have long since died off and and our bodies will brake down to simple states of carbon. And the next species to evolve from Earth will probally burn us as fossil fuels they we do the dinosaurs.

Some pics of the wife and my son and me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Gyrene76

Cute kid man...I can see you guys are huge Miami fans

19. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Now we just need your political views... haha :D

Nice writeup...nice to have you aboard bro

20. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

I'm so confused... Haha.. I like it, welcome to Earth.

21. Gyrene76

haha, i thought the same thing. Unique nonetheless

22. themidnightrider13

Sorry, it's rough being an aetheist. With the exception of being muslim these days. Noone busts anyone's balls about religion. Unless your an aethiest, cause it's the one time all the religions agree on somethng...lol. As far as politcal. I'm a republican...but I did'nt like Bush and I don't like Obama. I'll tell you this though. Kids in Iraq deserved to be freed and I hope one day they do have a true democracy. And the real scary truth is tanks and B-52's don't run on sunshine. So get a foothold on every last drop of oil we can before China comes knockin.... and they will. The 2 biggest kids on the block always fight eventually.

23. themidnightrider13

but on a cheerier not. I'm digging what I've learned about Al Golden the last few days. I hope he can recruit though. Everyone and their mother comes looking for recruits in South FL.

24. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

He need to watch espn 30 for 30 on THE U - section off "the state of Miami" that and replace Jacory Harris! hahaha

25. themidnightrider13

the dude probally spanks the monkey to that... alas FSU and UF werent really anygood then and UCF and USF and FAU and FIU didnt steel 2nd level recruitseither and kids stayed closer to home in those days. Now with private jets for coaches to zip around the country and pc and cell phones to stay in touch with home. Kids leave Florida for schools all over the country.