Who are you??

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AJ Hart MN, Jun 27, 2011.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I was planning on starting this thread but since Screwthebcs asked earlier today, I thought I'd get it up so we can all get to know each other a bit better. Hopefully we will have this same group for a long time so it's nice to know a bit about the guys you'll be butting heads with for the next year or so.

Put as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.. At least put something however :)

2. AJ Hart MN

Since this is my league, I'll start it off..

TF Username: AJ Hart MN The AJ stands for my two stepkids Austin and Jorden. Hart stands for my last name Hartman and the MN stands for the place I live.. Minnesota

Xbox GT: AJ Hart MN

Location you live: (can be city and state or just state) Woodbury, Minnesota. It's a suburb of Minneapolis and St.Paul. It's only about 5 miles west of the Wisconson border.

Hobbies: I used to play hockey from about the time I was 3 up until a couple years out of high school. Haven't put on a pair of skates in bout 10 years, got really burnt out on the sport. Played in B-Ball leagues all through my 20's. Now having the old lady and kids, I don't really get out and do much, they keep me pretty busy. The boys are really into fishing for some reason so I've taken up that hobby the last couple of months or so.

About Me: Unfortunately I'm now in the early stages of the 30 somethings (which really sucks). I'm now married with two step-children ages 15 and 11. The Wife had them very young.. lol Been with my lady now for 9 years so I have been in the boys life for a long time now. Around February of '10, my wife had a serious medical issue that really changed our life but thank god she's doing very well now and will live a healthy and happy life.

Favorite Teams: Easily my favorite team is FSU followed by everything Minnesota. Love the Vikes, Twinks, Wild and yes the T-Wolves. Really love Euro Soccer too and I'm a big Arsenal fan. Nothing compares to my love for the Noles however. Had some relatives that lived in Tallahassee when I was very young and for some reason I just fell in love with that team. I follow them much closer than any other sports team. I troll all kinds of FSU boards.. Scout, Warchant, etc.. Needless to say, I know my team like the back of my hand.

Favorite thing about TF: The SIM style of play and most importantly the friendships that I have made through the site. To me, it's not about the winning and losing, it's about being respectful of your opponent and playing the game the right way. If you do those things, we'll get along very well.

Occupation: Purchansing Manager and Production Supervisor.. Nothing too exciting but it pays the bills.

Favorite Movie or Band: My favorite band as of right now is the Deftones. Really like Chevelle, Radiohead and stuff like that also. Huge Smashing Pumpkins fan back in the day also. I've always loved a bunch of different variety's of music.. From Pink Floyd to 2Pac.

Pictures:
    These pic's are like 1-1/2 to 2 years old as all of our pic's from our cpu were wiped out due to us having to do a system restore. Had to steal these from my inactive Facebook page.. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Harith

Harith Walk On

I guess i'll go

TF Username: Harith

Xbox GT: MavMan03

Location you live: Lawrence, KS

Hobbies: Sports, sports sports. I'm a huge basketball fan college and pros. A lot of my family is from North Carolina about 10 miles from Durham so went to a few Duke games growing up so I became a huge fan. Growing in Lawrence, KS and going to KU also makes me a bit of a Jayhawk fan as well. I go to nearly every Ku football (rough season and basketball game. Also like to play video games, mess around with/ build computers, and hanging out with friends, typical stuff. I'm aslo a big fan of television, love wathcing box sets, not a real movie guy. I'm also an avid reader.

About Me: Sophomore at the University of Kansas. Studying Economics. Would love to get a career as a real estate/market analyzer down the road.

Favorite Teams: The Dallas Mavericks have been my favorite sports team for the last decade so im still quite happy about winning our 1st NBA title. As I said earlier I root for Duke Basketball and KU i'm a bigger Duke fan because of my upbringing but love going to Allen Fieldhouse any chance i get. I'm also a Toronto Blue Jays baseball fan, and in the NFL i'm partial to the 49ers, and the Chiefs.
    In terms of college football I do follow KU, but I just love the sport in general.I follow all the Big 12 teams and relish in rooting against K-State, Mizzou, and OU. In terms of soccer im a big EPL fan. I follow Liverpool and actually went to a game at Anfield in 2006 which was incredible which is the main reason im a fan. Didn't really follow soccer until the past few years because my dorm roomate was a huge junkie so he got me into it. He's a huge Arsenal fan, so I end up watching most of their games.

Favorite thing about TF: I like how our league really pushes the sim aspect which is huge to me, also you guys seem to take the league pretty serious which is big for my competitive side.

Occupation: Full time student, do work part-time a a sales associate.

Favorite Movie or Band: Movie: Shawshank Redemption
    Musicians: Kanye West, Wale, Big Sean, J.Cole

• Like Like x 1
  4. AJ Hart MN

Please make sure to include your GT.. I'll add these along with everyone's teams to the League Description once the teams are finalized.

5. sonn

sonn Walk On

TF Username: Sonn. Nothing really special behind it I used it was a throwaway user name for another forum awhile back and have just kept it for other forums because I'm not very imaginative.

Xbox GT: Roy9099

Where I live: Grew up in Toronto but now live in Oshawa which is about 30 minutes east.

Hobbies: I played baseball growing up and still love playing it whenever I can. I love watching basketball, football and baseball but can't stand hockey so I guess I'm a weird Canadian in that way. With Friday Night Lights ended the only show I regularly watch other than sports is Supernatural. So right now I'm watching the complete series of King of Queens on DVD. I enjoy reading SF books and historical books about Ancient Rome and WW2 in particular.

About Me: Right now I'm 1 credit short of graduating with an Accounting degree and hope to start a accounting career in January.

Favourite Teams: My favourite teams are the Lakers, Blue Jays and the Dolphins so I'm all over the map. I've been spoiled by the success of the Lakers which kind of makes up for the perennial disappointments the Dolphins are and the non factor the Jays have pretty much been but I have high hopes for the latter.

Favourite thing about TF: Being able to play with sim gamers that won't use expolits to win like my friends do.

Favourite Musicians: Lloyd Banks, TI and Jay-Z.

Favourite Movies: Gladiator, The first 2 Mummy Movies, Lord of the Rings, and Remember the Titans.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harith

Harith Walk On

Nice to have a fellow Blue Jays fan in the league.

7. sonn

sonn Walk On

Haha yea. When we play each other you'll probably hear me complain about Farrell a whole lot.

8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

TF Username: Schreck822 - Schreck is my last name (the movie came out during my freshmen year of college, if I had a dollar for every chick that asked,"Why do they call you Shrek, you're not a big ogre?" I'd have a lot of dollars). 822 was a fraternity thing (I'm not a frat guy, I went to Drake University). Tried to just do Schreck, but that was taken. Figured I'd keep things simple and use my GT here to reduce confusion.

Xbox GT: Schreck822

Location you live: (can be city and state or just state) Carroll, Iowa. Small (10,000 pop) town in west central Iowa, basically halfway between Des Moines and Omaha. Grew up in a 100 population town close to here and accidentally got a job here after grad school after swearing I wouldn't be back. It's worked out well though in hindsight.

Hobbies: Grew up playing video games like it was my job, starting with Tecmo Super Bowl. My dorm was the hang out the first 2 years of school and we'd have the Xbox going nonstop with NCAA, Halo, Project Gotham Racing and all kinds of other stuff. That has really waned the past few years, basically only play NCAA and mixed in MLB 2k11 for a bit. Still like shooters but don't have time to be good enough to play them online, freaking 10 year olds headshotting me repeatedly gets old.

Also grew up playing baseball and football. Did baseball through high school and was pretty good. Played slow pitch softball a few years and am in an adult flag football league that is awesome.

About Me: I'm 28 and have been married for almost 2 years now and it has been amazing. We had our first child last October and it really is an incredible experience. A lot of my time now is for hanging out with the wife and baby, so games are secondary but I like to squeeze them in to relax. I went to college in Des Moines at Drake University, then stuck around another year to (delay real life) get my Masters in Public Administration.

Favorite Teams: Notre Dame is my favorite team, followed fairly closely by the Yankees. Like AJ, I'm one of those nuts that is on all the ND boards, not sure why recruiting and all that 'inside' info is so intriguing, but I can't get enough for some reason. Maybe it's because we ND fans are looking for any shred of hope that they will come back to life, or maybe it's just because I need to get away from my work stuff a bit each day. Became an ND fan because my Grandpa was a huge ND guy and my parents didn't really care about sports. I'd hang with Grandpa and he had all these old videos and other things of ND, and he told me all the stories of course. One of my best childhood memories was watching the 93 game against FSU with Grandpa, that was basically the thing that sealed it for me, and basically set off 15 years of suffering :). Grandpa is also at fault for my Yankee fandom. I was just surrounded by the history of it all and it was awesome. Lou Gehrig is still my favorite athlete of all time.

Favorite thing about TF: I'm pretty new, but I'm loving the approach of the site. I think building up a community of likeminded sports gamers is awesome. It's basically the whole silent majority thing coming to life. I think a lot of us were sick of all the crap we were having to put up with from cheesers and d-bags ruining what we like about sports and gaming, so this is a breath of fresh air.

Occupation: Economic Development Planner for a Regional Development organization.

Favorite Movie or Band: I dunno, a little bit of everything on the music side. My favorite movies are all over too, but am a big fan of the Rambo movies and Rocky, basically anything with Stallone. No idea why, I just like the guy even though a lot of his stuff isn't 'good'. Die Hard is also awesome, Terminator 2, RoboCop, Dirty Work, Old School, Just Friends, Dumb and Dumber, Matrix, True Grit and so on. I'm a big movie guy, really enjoy a bunch of them, but have a soft spot for the dumb fun 80's crap, some sci-fi, action, comedies.

Pictures:

Wife and I

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

TF Username: PIG BOMB

Xbox GT: PIG BOMB [something about an exploding pig just makes me laugh and North Carolina is the pork capital of the world!]

Location you live: Holly Springs North Carolina, suburb of Raleigh
    Hobbies: video games [sports and shooters], watching euro-football, charcoal grilling, and fishing

About Me: geezer gamer [over 40] with 2 kids and a wife... entrepreneur and business owner... from Houston, TX but ended up in North Carolina after playing soccer for NC State..
    I have been a massive gamer since pong and the first Atari system..I've played NCAA every year it's been out... I was quarter-finalist in the first ever national online Madden tournament via Sega Genesis Xband Modem.
    My wife has picked up a ton of sports knowledge from hanging with me...for example; she can explain nickle and dime coverage and knows details professional sports athletes and frequently can recall where NFL players played their college ball even when I can't!

Favorite Teams: Manchester United, Dallas Cowboys, Carolina Hurricanes, NC State, [TX and TX A&M]
    After growing up in Texas, I then went to college in North Carolina...fell in love with United on a trip to England in the 80's.
    My son Trafford is named after Manchester United's Stadium -Old Trafford. I live and die Manchester United.
    Also a HUGE college football fan and love the NFL.

Favorite thing about TF: I'm new here, but I like simulation cheese free sports gaming...and thats what this place seems to be all about! I don't have time to waste on prepubescent gltichers found in random online match-ups.

Favorite Movies: Inception, Gladiator, Braveheart, Superbad, and Zulu

Picture:

my best Chuck Liddell.....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

TF Username: Screwthebcs

Xbox GT: screwthebcs

Location you live: (can be city and state or just state) Suburb of Dallas, TX

Hobbies: Gaming and hanging with the wife. Started my serious gaming addiction in college in '02 with Halo. We played lan games between dorm rooms probably every day before/after class and all night. Started playing NCAA around '04 and played in a dynasty with 3 other friends which was a lot of fun. Been gaming ever since. Have owned all 3 "next-gen" consoles but got rid of the wii and the PS3 is now BLU-ray only as the whole sony hacking thing pissed me off. The wife and I are also active in our young married's group at our church.

About Me: I'm 27, miss college A LOT...the real world SUCKS! I've been married for 3 years in August and it's been awesome. I have my Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry from Tulsa and love my Golden Hurricane more than any other team.

Favorite Teams: Golden Hurricane by far. STL Rams for NFL since I grew up in STL but mainly just a huge fan of the NFL and Fantasy Football. Not a big soccer, NBA, NHL, baseball fan...although I do enjoy watching the playoffs of those leagues.

Favorite thing about TF: So far the fun, friendly people and the real sim football I'm so much looking forward to.

Occupation: Trying to find a use for this piece of framed paper that says I have a degree...damn Biochemistry. Currently working for my father-in-law at a start-up stone distribution warehouse and working on getting into Nursing school in the Spring.

Favorite Movie or Band: Favorite movie of all time is Top Gun, then Saving Private Ryan, Inception, Iron Man...many others. I like all kinds of music from rock to rap to christian to folk...anything but heavy metal.

Pictures:
    This is me and the wife many years ago...but we still look the same...maybe with a little extra weight, lol.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. AJ Hart MN

Damn, a Canadian that doesn't like Hockey :confused: Being from Minnesota and a former hockey player, we used to always travel to Thunder Bay for hockey tournaments. Some of the best times I had growing up. :)

12. AJ Hart MN

Ugh.. Still remember that game like it was yesterday. I watched that with a buddy of mine that was a huge ND fan when we were like in 7th grade. Funny thing is, were still friends to this day and he still gives me crap about that game. Luckily, FSU has had some revenge lately against the Domers ;) We don't count the game about 7 years ago when Chris Rix was our QB, no loss when that clown started is really considered a loss. :)

13. sonn

sonn Walk On

Thanks for highlighting my horrible grammar :(. I hate ice skating I can't stop until I meet the boards.

14. AJ Hart MN

I'm a huge Arsenal fan so we should get along great :rolleyes: Other than College Football, European Futbol is my favorite sport. I probably watch close to 5 games a week. I'm loving the new espn on xbox feature. Tons of La Liga, Portuguese, Serie A games. Plus I can now watch all the Euro '12 qualifiers. I've turned into a junkie. :) Love the Ashley Young signing.. I've always been a big fan of that guy. Maybe Nani can get his shit together now that Young is there.

15. AJ Hart MN

Haha, didn't even realize that.. I always do the same as well. :cool:

16. jared16evans

jared16evans Walk On

TF Username: Jared 16 Evans

Xbox GT: Jared 16 Evans

Location you live: (can be city and state or just state) Shiloh, IL

Hobbies: Playing NCAA, drawing up different formations and plays...basically anything involving football.

About Me: I'm 23 and have two kids (2 years old (girl) and 5 month old (boy)) been married for 7 months (will be a year October 26, 2011) Love anything involving football, especially college football.

Favorite Teams: Florida, Michigan, BGSU (brother graduated from there) and Adams State (alumni)

Favorite thing about TF: The forums and how active everyone is, I know that I haven't seemingly been active, but it's mostly because I don't really have anything to add to the conversation but I do read what's being said.

Occupation: Right now, I work at a Subway (some nights and weekends) and at a food court on a Military Base at an Anthony's Pizza (M-F) but I have a degree in Mass Communications, but everything that I apply for (including internships) says "at least 2-3 years experience"

Favorite Movie or Band: Favorite movie is probably a tie between Major League II, and Facing the Giants. Favorite Band is Skillet

Pictures:
    This is me and my family in February of this year

• Like Like x 1
  17. Harith

Harith Walk On

Liverpool fan here. This should just intensify our rivalries:D Times are tough for us now but we will be back.

18. AJ Hart MN

Don't worry too much about the activity Jared.. Take it slow and it will come to you. Once you get a bit more comfortable with the guys here, it will probably be easier to give your opinion.

19. AJ Hart MN

Dislike this message. ;) Suarez was a steal!

20. Harith

Harith Walk On

Suarez was fun to watch, hopefully a full season with him will lead to more wins.
    I've only recently become a soccer fan (like this year) but over the course of this year ive probably watched more soccer than any other sport.
    My roommate this past year is a huge Arsenal fan so ive watched more of Arsenal than any other team and actually though of adopting them as my team since the sole reason im a Liverpool fan is because I went to a game in Anfield when I was in high-school on a summer trip, but I hate the concept of team-switching so i've hesitated, but I love Wenger's teams style of play. They are a fun team to watch.

21. AJ Hart MN

Something that's on my bucket list is getting to Europe for a Futbol match.. Especially a game at a place like Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or Emirates. I just love the atmosphere at those games.

22. Harith

Harith Walk On

Even as someone who didn't follow soccer at that point in my life its one of the greatest experiences of my life. I'm really bummed I didn't become a soccer fan sooner in life.

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Well thats kinda cool. Despite making a horrible choice to play for NC State, playing ACC soccer is legit as hell.

24. AJ Hart MN

If you can't tell PIG BOMB, we have a Maryland fan among us :eek:

25. Harith

Harith Walk On

If there's 1 thing I hate more than a K-State fan, it's a Maryland fan.:mad: