Who do you want to see? (Poll)

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Iron Mickey, Nov 29, 2011.

?

Who do you want to see play LSU?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2011.
  1. Alabama

35.3%
  2. Oklahoma State

41.2%
  3. Other

23.5%
  1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Amongst my league mates it's been pretty fun the past few weeks talking about the BCS and who should play for the BCS National Championship.

So I thought why not do a poll amongst the site.

Okay so....assume a few scenarios and lets see what TSO wants

• #1 LSU takes care of business (Go Tigers) and kicks Georgia's ass this upcoming weekend
    • #3 Oklahoma State defeats #10 Oklahoma
    So who you wanna see?
    A. Alabama
    B. Oklahoma State
    C. Other (Explain)

Here is the current BCS Standings:

ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 29 17.40.gif

I personally havent made up my mind....haha.

Here's an interesting article too that a member posted earlier today

HERE:

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I feel like Alabama is the only team in the country as good as LSU, but I don't want to see a rematch (and that blows for the team that won the first time).

If we're basing it on schedule alone, then OKST is probably the winner, but I just don't think they have what it takes.

3. Iron Mickey

So you are saying you want to see LSU/Ok.State?

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I know they have no chance, but I'd have like to have seen Stanford get in there.

5. Wick36

I voted bama and bama would be the most competitive game, imo.

6. Iron Mickey

Just for kicks...what if (i don't think this is going to happen btw) Oklahoma State rolls OU by 21 or more points?

7. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

What if OK St makes the title and puts an Iowa State performance down?

The BCS sucks so my vote was for C...Houston
    Put the only two undefeated teams in and let them play for a title.
    Plus I would love the Houston offense v. LSU defense matchup.

8. Wick36

I still think they'd lose to LSU big because of the line difference... but it would depend on how OKST looked during that game. I'm not dead set either way.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea tell me about it... 1996 :(

10. Wick36

But LSU would end up scoring every time. :(

11. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Personally, I don't think Houston would stand a chance against LSU. I believe it would be a blowout and a boring game. I think the National Championship should have to two nations best teams playing each other no matter what happened during the season and right now LSU and Alabama are the nations best and they would provide one hell of a game!

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

1. Houston is the worst team in the top 15 talent-wise and does not have the skill to compete with any team that makes a BCS bowl besides possibly the Big East champ.

2. If OK State kills OU they should get in b/c they're better in the computers and there is tons of SEC bias. Most people don't see that the Big XII is the better overall conference than the SEC. I personally don't want to see a rematch, because if there is one, Bama will probably win and if they do, what makes anyone say they're better. LSU would have a tougher schedule and would be 1-1 vs. Bama, win on the road and a loss in a semi-neutral site.

Really, there needs to be a rule stating you must win your conference to go to the Championship game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Bama had their chance and lost. A rematch totally negates college football and the BCS' 'every week is a playoff' feeling.

Bama got beat, at home, because of piss-poor special teams and offense but no one wants to talk about that, or the fact that ST and O are a part of football, too. The 2nd best team in the country has to be able to complete a pass or kick a FG.

my .02

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    If Bama plays them, I'm done as a college football fan. Michigan and OSU were a more deserving rematch (I know both got killed, but look at the season) than Bama and LSU. Oklahoma State lost to an UNRANKED team. That dismisses them completely in my eyes.

Stanford, Va Tech, or Houston should play em.

15. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

So then name one team that is a better football team other than LSU. Alabama's offense is not bad. Take a look at what Alabama has done on offense all season. They suffered against LSU which is one of the nations best defenses. Alabama has a Heisman candidate on offense so they must be doing something right.

16. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

If we're going on matchup alone, I'd like to see Stanford. Here's why:
    1. I don't wanna see a title game without a quarterback. LSU and Bama don't have one between them, and LSU hasn't faced one this season.
    2. While Stanford got exposed by the speedy ducks, they match up much better against a power run game like LSU runs. They could still get burned over the top, but they can bang with LSU, I think.
    3. The best way to negate a more athletic defense is to go big (or huge in Stanford's case) and run right at them. Stanford's three TE stuff might just be enough to grind out some first downs, and those guys can run routes and catch, so a well placed PA pass could work aginst LSU, if you can block it up well enough for Luck to get the ball off.
    4. I've seen Bama and LSU. Game of the century my ass. It was a snoozer highlighted by mistakes. No need to see that one again.
    5. I think LSU would be too much for Stanford, but I think it would be a better game than another LSU/Bama puntfest. I'd rather see an Oregon/LSU rematch and see Stanford play Wisconsin for the Roses. That would be a good one.

17. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I love how people have grown to love offense. It's crazy that a game with two of the best defenses college football has ever seen is a snoozefest.

18. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Because it was a sloppily played game where a kicker couldn't hit the ocean if he was on the beach.

19. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

I appreciate defense. I don't need every game to be 40-35, but 6-3 doesn't happen solely because of good defense. You gotta be a little inept, and the SEC glory campaign I see nightly on ESPN is getting a bit old. Bama is good, and LSU is good also, but this may be the weakest set of contenders in the last dozen years, so we prop up one side of the ball like it's legendary, when, in my humble opinion, we're dealing with a number of offenses that just aren't that good.

That's why it's a snoozefest.

20. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

The SEC has deserved it's glory campaign. The SEC has won the National Championship 5 years in a row now in which they have taken down teams from the Pac-12, Big Ten, and Big 12 with no problems so until another conference accomplishes that then they deserve everything they have earned. It was just a few years ago when they SEC didn't receive any respect so they have earned their rights.

21. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

And Stanford's kicker is any better? Coach Shaw doesn't even line up for field goals anymore unless he has to. That game was not just about a kicker missing kicks.

22. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'm a defense 1st kind of guy, but there are TWO other facets of the game! Come on man...

Bama would have won that game if they had marginal special teams or QB play.

It's so easy to say 'greatest defense ever'. We say that about teams every year.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

I agree, I want to see Keenum play a real defense and see if he can put up those kind of numbers. Plus I think Boise would be FUMING that Houston got in.

24. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

He will play a real defense in any of the BCS bowls.

25. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Not if he plays Oklahoma State...

• Like Like x 2