Who has cut a transfer?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Feb 24, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    I had the most bizarre thing happen to me. I was looking at my team needs and it said I only have 4 MLBs. I was pissed because I know for a fact I've finally gotten back up to my desired 5 MLBs. I look at my roster and I do indeed have 5, but one of the guys I signed this year (a JUCO SO) is showing up as a transfer (and we all know that transfers don't get counted in the team needs page).

Luckily for me he's my 5th best MLB so it's fine if he redshirts, but it could've been someone better or, even worse, someone that I promised wouldn't redshirt. The only thing I can think of is that the game knew I had an incoming transfer ( UofCWildcat 's WR) but couldn't find him since I cut him and it moved the transfer tag to someone else (it isn't a JUCO thing because my JUCO JR T isn't showing as a transfer and I've signed a few other JUCOs without this happening too). I don't know how it chose my MLB.

So, have any of you cut someone transferring to your school and, if so, did you have some other guy on your roster showing up as a transfer, meaning that he couldn't play that year?
  2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    Have not.
  3. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Jul 15, 2011
    I cut an incoming punter or center 3 seasons ago when I had the couple transfers in that caused me to over-recruit.

I didn't think to pay any attention to my 20+ recruits to see if that happened. If it did, it was to one of the lower rated guys or one I was going to redshirt as I could have caught it on one of my big name prospects.
  4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    I'm not sure whether I cut a transfer, but during season 3, QB Chris Frank was redshirted and it showed him as a transfer....even though I had just signed him during season 2. I'm guessing I must have cut a transfer during the offseason and the game moved the transfer tag to him...just as you explained.