Who is Isaac Rivers?

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BDSDIGITAL, Oct 16, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

This is what many people were asking last night. I even asked myself "who the fuck is this guy?"

After injuries to my Starter and 2nd string QB's in the last 2 weeks we were forced to start Isaac Rivers, a relatively unknown player in his SO. season. He was the only QB on my roster that wasn't hurt or red shirted. So, starting 0-2 and having the #4 Gators coming to Rocky Top with my no name QB starting seemed like it would be problematic.

What actually happened though was an incredible game full of twists and turns that resulted in a 33-30 OT win over the Gators, and it very well may have saved my season.

The first quarter started slow with no one really gaining any traction. Jeff Driskel started the scoring with a TD run late in the first qtr to give Florida the early lead. Driskel's wheels killed me all day and almost beat me. He ran 22 times by the end of the game.

The 2nd quarter was pretty uneventful until about 3 minutes left in the half. At this point the game was still 7-0 and it looked like 14-17 points may win it.

We finally got on the board with a TD pass from Rivers to my TE Cameron Clear to tie the game at 7 all. Then on the ensuing possession, we forced a fumble after knocking Jeff Driskel into next week on a scramble. We scored 2 plays later on another TD hookup from Rivers to Clear to take the 14-7 lead. At this point it looked like we were seizing the momentum, and Rivers was throwing darts all over the place. Florida was able to engineer one last scoring drive to end the 1st half. Driskel ran for his 2nd td of the game with 11 seconds left in the half to take the game to the locker room 14 all.

Florida scored first in the 3rd quarter on a td run by Battle to go up 21-14, but Rivers answered right back with a long TD pass to DeAnthony Arnett to tie the game back up at 21 all going into the 4th quarter.

We kicked a field goal to start the 4th quarter to take a 24-21 lead. Our defense was lights out in the 4th quarter. Big hits, pass break ups, etc. We started spying Driskel with 2 guys and it really seemed to slow their offense down. We had the ball late in the 4th quarter with the 3 point lead and were relegated to a 3rd and long. Instead of just sitting on the ball and punting back to Florida with a minute to go, we decided to go for the first down to end the game, but Rivers was intercepted by a Gator DB and they were able to negotiate themselves into FG range and kicked the tying FG with 45 seconds left. We were unable to score and went into overtime.

In OT we traded FG's on the first possession, and then Florida was forced to kick another FG to take the 30-27 lead. But in our final possession Marlin Lane took over and ultimately scored the winning td to scure the 33-30 win.

All told Rivers went 15-28 227 yds, 3 td's but 4 int's. The int's didn't kill us because our defense played so well when it had to. They gave up some points but that goes back on me because I didn't make the adjustments necessary to counter act Driskel's cheesy ass scrambling.

Lane ran 25 times for 155 and the winning TD. We move to 1-2 and keep our selves in the top 25 with this big rivalry win.

next week we have a much needed bye week.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice clutch win man

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It was a tough one, but it was alot of fun. I don't know what y'all are using for sliders but the game plays much differently here than what I'm used to.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah i believe all of us have lost to the CPU this year...and sometimes they are no joke...i like it...I mean we go insane on the CPU, why can't they??

good win bro

• Like Like x 1
  5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice story!