Who is your biggest STUD and who is your biggest DUD this season?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]

2. Emmdotfrisk

I am going to go first....

STUD

[​IMG]
    Man Beast Barqwell Rivers. Leads my team and Nation in tackles with 36.

DUD

[​IMG]

I hate to say it but Ryan Williams. He seems to be a good overall back but is having difficulty against sub par teams, even though I was torched by Noel Devine and Brandon Saine. I think small speed backs take the cake this year.....with the exception of John Clay.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

STUD

[​IMG]
    Gotta go with CP, 2nd in the Nation in Passing Yards and with 18 TDs to 6 INTs

Bert Reed 5'10''- 24 rec 523 yards 21.7 avg 5 TDs
    Jarmon Fortson 6'3''- 8 rec 341 yards 42.6 avg 5 TDs why havent I thrown to him more?

DUD

[​IMG]
    Jermaine Thomas- probably can't fault him because of the passing game, but usually have him in the top 5 in rushing. 78 att 371 yards 4.7 avg 3 TDs

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't have cool pictures like you guys right now but my biggest stud has been Jake Stoneburner. Biggest Dud probably Terrelle Pryor.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

STUD
    [​IMG]
    Fozzy Whittaker
    Dude has been wreaking havoc! Fringe Heisman candidate who has been racking up yards against CPU and Users.
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    ATT YD AVG TD LNG
    91 601 6.6 7 71

DUD

[​IMG]
    Aaron Williams
    Not a true dud... but not living up to expectations. Texas' starters do get pulled early, but I thought he'd have a pick or two by now. Hopefully this means he'll be back for his Senior year.

6. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Stud - Armando Allen with 500+ yards and 11 TD's in 5 games, 5 Irish wins this season. And he is picking up the slack for...
    Dud - Michael Floyd who looked to be on a Heisman pace until fate cracked his collarbone and sidelined him for the majority of the season

7. Emmdotfrisk

What about saine?!?

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah he's ballin' I was just trying to go off the radar a lil bit.

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

[​IMG]

10. KnightNoles

I just spit all over the screen with these comments... Honestly the first time I have smiled and laughed in a good month or so!

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL at the Fozzy Whitaker picture

Stud: Jeff Demps - He had bad games in losses to Alabama and LSU but is still averaging close to 9 yards per carry. I still think he is a bit overrated thanks to his big plays but he has almost 800 yards rushing and 6 TD so far.

Dud: The entire secondary, I think the Gators have a combined 3 interceptions so far this season. Last year Evans was picking off 3 passes a game by himself. No one on the team has more than one pick this season.

12. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

WVU

STUD - Noel Devine...need I say more?

DUD - I hate to say it but QB Geno Smith. He was injured in week 2 with a "3 week" injury, and here we are in week 8 and he is still "probable". WTF mate?

13. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Funny stuff Bond, funny stuff.

14. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

PICKING THIS SHIT BACK UP FOR SEASON 2​

WVU

Stud
    [​IMG]
    Geno Smith
    159/228 passing, 2872 yards passing, 27 TDs, 9 Ints
    38 rushing attempts, 59 yards, 1 TD

Geno Smith has stepped up in a big way for WVU this year. After losing Noel Devine, the future seemed somewhat uncertain for the Mountaineers. Smith has led WVU into the top 5 going into week 11, and the Mountaineers even held the top spot for a few weeks before falling to Oregon on the road.

Dud
    [​IMG]
    Ivan McCartney
    14 receptions, 221 yards receiving, 4 TDs

Maybe I'm being too hard on him, after all he is a Freshman. He just never seems to get any seperation and I rarely see him open. He doesn't have amazing speed, so that is probably part of the problem. He has done a good job of catching the ball however, with zero drops on the season. I'm expecting big things from him next season.

15. Emmdotfrisk

STUD

[​IMG]
    JuJu Clayton had played very well, with the exception of the Ohio State game. He has thrown for 2,760 yards on 159 completions of 255 attempts with 16 Td's and 12 Int's. As Virginia Tech continues their transformation from a pro style team to a Spread, JuJu could be the man for the job.

DUD

[​IMG]

Ryan Williams has produced little again this year, out most of the season with an injury......only 390 yards on 73 carries.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Stud - John Brantley

Brantley has been the team leader, and has tossed 26 touchdowns and over 3,000 yards. He has an outside shot at 4,000 if he performs well in Florida's final 3 games. Brantley's final season will be very difficult to replicate with Reed or Manning next season.

Other nominees: :RS: JR Omarius Hines (leads team in all receiving categories), :RS: SR Janoris Jenkins (7 interceptions), :RS: SO Jelani Jenkins (leading tackler)

Dud - Jeff Demps

He didn't do much in Nebraska game after shredding the Huskers last season and then he suffered a season ending injury in Auburn game. He finishes his final collegiate season with 173 yards rushing and 14 yards receiving.

Other nominees: Dee Finley (season ending injury week 3)

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

STUD
    Gilbert/Whittaker have both been extremely solid this year.​

Gilbert:
    166/254 2879yd 26TD 7INT 65%

5th in yards
    3rd in passer rating
    T-4th in TDs

Whittaker:
    158ATT 1129yd 14TD

5th in yards
    3rd highest ypc avg
    T-4th in TDs

DUD
    Was expecting more from Blake Gideon and Christian Scott in their Senior years.
    39 tackles between the two. No picks. 1 FF and 2FR.

Not terrible, but I thought theyd dominate their final year... No matter though as True Freshman S Jermaine Lee has outperformed both Gideon and Scott working solely as a nickel back and SS out of 1 dime formation. Im expecting big thangs from Lee and his SS counterpart Richard Allen next year(who is taking a RS this season).

18. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

STUD

[​IMG]

Trent Richardson - 167 carries 1132 yards 14 TD

T-Rich has been a man-child running out of the backfield. The Jr. is 4th in rushing yards but leads the nation in yards after contact (433 yards). Looks to leave after this year and will definitely will be a solid back in the pros. Has hit 200+ yards 3 times this year.

DUD

The Secondary

Florida game could be blamed on AJ's INTs but then again they let Brantley throw all over them. Also didn't play solid against LSU.

19. KnightNoles

Stud(s)

Jermaine Thomas
    150 att 1289 yards 16 TDs

EJ Manuel
    94-154 1896 yards 9 TDs 2 INTs

Nigel Bradham
    68 total tackles, 26 tfl, 7.0 sacks, 4 INTs, 2 FF,

Dud(s)

No one particularly on offense, maybe the WRs or EJ but we haven't put the ball in the air that much.

The secondary, LB Bradham has the most picks on the team then two corners have 2 each. They have been burned and beaten a lot this year. ​

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LMAO! EJ Manuel is both a Stud and maybe a Dud? Good luck as a lawyer kid.