Who makes a run in 2012?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Dru50, Sep 7, 2010.

?

Who makes a run in 2012?

1. Boston College

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Duke

40.0%
  3. Virginia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wake Forest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. South Carolina

20.0%
  6. Kentucky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ole Miss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mississippi St

20.0%
  9. Kansas St

20.0%
  10. Missouri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Who makes a run in 2012?

Something to discuss today, which team surprises the experts and makes a run at the title in 2012? Here are the cases for/against:

Boston College - 15 seniors, senior QB and WR/TE combination should be tough. Defense seems a bit young.

Duke - 16 seniors including a senior QB. Transfer HB Storm Johnson should be solid. Offense seemed to turn around late last year, but is there enough overall depth to compete?

Virginia - 20 seniors. Very experienced team, with a young QB who gained experience starting all last year. Similar to Duke, are the playmakers there to make some noise?

Wake Forest - 16 seniors. Talent and experience seems to be spread out among the key offense and defense positions.

South Carolina - 14 seniors. Has to replace Garcia at QB, but returns Gurley at WR and his speedy HB. The offense is there, and the defense is good enough to compete week in, week out.

Kentucky - 17 seniors, including at QB and HB. He's got playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, can the defense make enough plays to win the key games?

Ole Miss - 15 seniors. Still one of the youngest teams, and has 2 of the best user recruiting classes in the pipelines. The talent is there, and I think this is his year in the SEC West.

Miss St - 16 seniors. Keeping MLB Wilson and DT Boyd keeps the defense competitive, but questions remain at QB and the secondary.

Texas - 13 seniors. Young and really talented. They're excluded (sorry Bond, only 10 poll options can be chosen).

Kansas St - 17 seniors. Lost a lot of talent off his conference champion team last year, but still has ultra TE Crowder. He'll be competitive for sure.

Missouri - 16 seniors. All 3 QB's returned, but the WR corp took a bit of a hit. Has shown that he isn't dropping games to the CPU, so it all comes down to whether Bond/JR can knock him off again this year.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Even though I think this is the year that Ole Miss makes it to the SEC championship game, I didn't want to be accused of running a jedi mind trick on OM, so I went with Drifter.

He seems to have gotten a handle on that Wake team and he returns a good chunk of his roster this year. Boston College will be the favorite in the ACC but I think the Demon Deacs can make some noise.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I choose Boston College, they are rock solid with a ridculous recruiting class coming in... i also think Texas is talented enough to make another run at the Big XII and national title...

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

BC has to be the pick here. Talent is there, and schedule sets up nicely.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'd go with BC too. He's got the ball rolling down hill and I'd say everyone should probably just get out of the way.

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This is a conspiracy!!

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    LOL, Wake? We lost 23 Sr from last year's 8-5 team. If we challenge at all, it will be because of the new scheme I'm installing.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think BC makes another run at the ACC title while Kansas State and Ole Miss claim their respective conferences. BC is going to put up points again this year, but their defensive depth is starting to be a concern. Kansas State will be a stronger offense this year with Crowder paving the way and opening up the passing game for the young, talented WR crops Coach JR has. Ole Miss will finally get over the hump and will get big plays from their talented young players.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I'll go with texas they have gotten better with experience and if they can get someone half as good as newton they will be fine.

I am going to have trouble with my LB's this yr, but my CB's should be vastly improved... with 2 4 stars and 2 3stars that look to be really solid playmakers...

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That would be Chris Whaley and he could end up better than Newton.