Who played the demo?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by dakota7, Jun 28, 2011.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Played 2 games so far and I lost both, which is good. CPU pass defense is vastly improved. IMO this has been undersold by EA so far. I like the new tackling system. Locomotion has been tuned and improved. I like it. Two weeks to go.

I didn't realize they changed the play calling again. It will take a little adjusting, but I think the new scrolling makes more sense.

2. dakota7

And dreadlocks!!

Haha

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

My impressions from my first game.

Texas won the flip and elected to kick! In '11 I had a house rule to choose to receive sine the CPU always did. I just told myself that the other team really won the flip and elected to kick.

Both my guys (Thomas and James) and Texas' HB broke the first tackle a lot resulting in 3 50+ TD runs. Texas' back steamrolled my corner.

The read option mesh is sped up. I gave it to James when in '11 I would've been able to keep it had I held it that long.

On another read option the read guy went for Thomas so I gave to James and the dude spun immediately and tackled James. :(

Thank goodness for custom pbs since Oregon's book was better in '11.

Texas beat me by 4 and there were a LOT of points for 2 minute qtrs. They were mostly big plays with no turnovers.

I don't think there was a sack in the game, but we both were committed to the run.

I wasn't able go stop toss plays, but I couldn't do that in '11 either.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Its my birthday today and i woke up 10 mins ago and it's still downloading. I'll give my synopsis when i play. But like i said. It's my birthday and i could not of gotten a better present (except Arizona to come back to Ohio again ;) )

5. jello1717

Also, I'm not sure if the speed of '12 is faster than '11 or not (it's probably the same) but in my dynasty I play on slow speed so the demo makes it seem like all of the guys are on speed to me! I'll have to get used to the speed and it'll be weird playing my offline '12 dynasty on slow (which plays MUCH better imo) and then my OD games on fast.

6. dakota7

Are you 21 yet?

Either way, happy birthday.

7. dakota7

I don't think we had it on fast. I think it was normal and we also lowered the speed threshold to 35, I think.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

No 20 =/ So close.

9. jello1717

Yeah. That's my bad. I meant normal (which seems like fast to me).

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Happy B-Day Wildcat

• Like Like x 1
  11. jello1717

Yeah. Happy birthday young buck.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Dammit, I can't play until I get home tonight. Tuesday nights is card night.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Card night? That sounds legit. Can't wait to GTFO of my house and do shit like this. :p getting an apartment at UC next year. That's pretty close i guess.

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah, if you knew what kind of cards you may unlike my post...lol. Its still not worse than what MaslerBoros16 plays....lol

15. jello1717

I'm gonna guess Magic the Gathering or something equally lame.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ha...ha :rolleyes:

17. dakota7

Pokemon? That's a card game, right?

18. jello1717

You were probably joking thinking that couldn't possibly be correct.

However....

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wait.. I think you guys are confused. I play the video game, not the card game...haven't bought the cards since I was 10 or 11

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'll take a shot and say you're playing either War or Steal the Old Mans Pack.

21. dakota7

I was, but that's ok. I have to be honest, I don't know anything about pokemon. My kids are too little for it. It's asian, right? Asian women are hot, so it can't be that bad right?

• Like Like x 2
  22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah its Magic, I doubt that you have actually played that game. There is a lot of money in it, and it is EXTREMELY strategic. It really isn't a bad card game to play. TBH it is more fun to play than poker.

23. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Impressions on the demo:

1 - EA really missed on the player entrances IMO. The shots in the locker room look AMAZING, seeing the guys in the tunnel and everything is executed very well. However, as you watch all of this, the anticipation begins to mount......and you envision yourself in the stands as you see your favorite school creep up to the edge of the tunnel bouncing around as security holds them back.....waiting.....heart pounding........then the game intro goes off and the team storms the field and the crowd ERUPTS!!!!!!!! Well EA missed hardcore on that last part. As the team takes the field, all you get is Brad Nessler saying "here they come!" How lame! The screen should shake. The crowd noise should rattle your walls and piss off your neighbors! I'm not one that's big on the presentation of it all, but this is one thing that's a big let down to me. Missed opportunity here.

2 - CPU no huddle logic is still a POS. Texas comes out on first down in 4 wide, runs jet sweep for 1 yard. No huddle to second down in the I-formation with WRs at FB and TE. Is that shit really that hard to address? These are the simple fixes that EA continues to blow that boggle my mind!

3 - The game looks great! The player models are much more realistic than `11 it's crazy. Props here. Plus the physics of the ball and all the visuals seem more realistic.

4 - The new collision system is AWESOME!

5 - Guys actually block for longer than 1 second when running from the shotgun! Hallelujah!

6 - Damnit EA! haha I was hoping and praying that EA would implement Oregon's offense from the BCS game. It appears they didn't. This hurts my heart!

7 - I may implement the "Yankees" rule at my program this year. No Dreads (a la facial hair for the yankees). The dreads are way too long IMO.

8 - CPU defense still has psychic play calling. 4-3 vs a 4 wide set if you call a run play. Another one of those easy things to fix. I'm really at a loss for words why this still happens in the game.

9 - Props on the new (old) play calling system. Gonna take a bit to get used to this one again though.

10 - Screen passes look better. The HB and line sell the normal pass play a bit longer.

11 - No defensive alignment from the DL/LBs. I guess you can still fix this manually but it's one of the issues I would of liked to seen them fix for `12.

12 - The OL vs DL interaction on draw plays and WR screens are 10x better than `11! Props EA, these are big time improvements.

13 - Using the RS to change formation packages works much smoother this year.

14 - The new zone coverages are amazing! There's holes in there but they open and close and your guy gets hit when he catches the ball instead of the defense being stuck with their feet in the mud and slow to react. I like it!

15 - Does the metal grinding against metal sound when you switch play call screens bothering anybody else?

16 - The WR routes are very crisp and clean.

17 - My favorite one! Running from the spread is awesome. They sped up all the animations and your QB/HB is loose and fluid immediately rather than being stuck in an animation like he was in `11. Thank you EA!!!

Conclusion - EA missed on a couple simple fixes that I think would of made a huge difference in the games long term playability (i.e. the CPU defensive playcalling AI and the no huddle issue w/CPU players out of position still). However, they did make some really nice improvements in a lot of areas. I'm fairly impressed and I didn't think I was going to be. While the improvements aren't as ground breaking as they were from `10 to `11, I think they will have just as big of an impact over the course of the year.

8.5/10

24. GoGators

Oh yeah, the CPU offense is still T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!!!

25. GoGators

jello1717

have you had any success with option pitches thus far? I've played 3 games with Oregon and I think I've only successfully completed one pitch.