Who should be the starting QB for the Yellow Jackets?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by gowazzucougs, Feb 16, 2011.

?

Who should be Georgia Tech's QB

1. Sean Cutler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chris Andrews

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Brent Edwards

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  4. Trey Peoples

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jesse Sutton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

As I stated earlier if my QB did not play well, I was going to post a poll for everyone to take part in, the question is who should start for the Yellow Jackets, here are the candidates

Sean Cutler, (RS) Junior OVR: 74, Speed 69, ACC 68, Throw Power 82, Throw ACC 75-he was last year's starter, the kid could not throw the ball accurately past 10 yards

Chris Andrews, Freshman OVR 72, Speed 80, ACC 78, Throw Power 85, Throw ACC 68, reminds me of a young Jake Locker, good speed strong arm, but cannot hit the broadside of a barn

Brent Edwards Freshman OVR 71, Speed 75 ACC 78, Throw Power 77, Throw ACC 79-has started the first two games of the season, not the best arm strength, but most accurate of the bunch

Trey Peoples, Freshman OVR 69, Speed 87 ACC 82, Throw Power 77, Throw ACC 76-this guy was recruited as an ATH, great speed, needs some work on his throwing. Would be my spread QB if I can get the talent around him. Currently he is being redshirted and I would prefer to keep the redshirt on him.

Jesse Sutton (RS) Sophomore OVR 66, Speed 79, ACC 77, Throw Power 79, Throw ACC-68-not much is know about this kid. I am scared to play him with his low throw accuracy.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Wazzu come on man! The two most important attributes for QBs in this years game are awareness and accuracy and you haven't included awareness for any of these guys.

3. gowazzucougs

I had a feeling someone would want to know what their awareness rating was, and Throw ACC is Throwing Accuracy. Here you ago regarding Awareness

Sean Cutler-Awareness-76
    Chris Andrews-Awareness-70
    Brent Edwards-Awareness-64
    Trey Peoples-Awareness 58
    Sutton-Awareness-63

If you tell me, I have to go with Cutler because he has the best awareness rating, I will be upset. . .This guy lost me games last year because he couldn't throw a slant route. I don't know how many times I had to watch the guy totally miss the receiver and hit the safety. Masler saw this guy's greatness first hand, I had my tight end open to convert a 4th down, but his throw was off by like 2 yards and GT lost the game. I want to say like 4 of Edwards' interceptions were because he was getting hit as he was throwing the ball.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Edwards looks like the best bet, but if you really want to make the change i'd go with Andrews. I know that accuracy is bad but you could at least try to run a little with him.

I don't think a change is going to help looking at this bunch. You should probably start trying to just eat a ton of clock and win some really low scoring games if your having that much trouble passing. Maybe try a gimmicky offense like Army's.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I say Brent Edwards. Accuracy seems to be your problem, and he has the most edge there. Give it a shot.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I voted for Andrews, gives you a little bit of a run threat that might help you out. Still wont help you agiainst the mighty Cavalier defense though [​IMG]

7. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Give the kid Edwards the chance and let him have the job.. Maybe he can progress well with the playing time.. Not liking your chances with any of them though. [​IMG]

8. gowazzucougs

Thanks for everyone's input it sounds as if I am starting the right guy at QB, now only if I could fix the defense.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Edwards is my choice. His awareness will get better in the years to come, but if you stick with the option that may not be so much of an issue. Just make the smartest read with him and GT will be headed in the right direction.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'd say Edwards too. And just like in real life, you gotta manage him like he's a freshman with accuracy and awareness problems. Give him easy throws and try to get him on a hot streak then he'll play better.