Who should start for the Beavers?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Feb 26, 2011.

?

Who should be the starting QB for the Beavers.

1. Chris Perry

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Tyler Johnson

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Okay since Sean Mannion is out for 10 weeks or longer, OSU has a QB quandary, I have my opinions as who should start, and I will probably play both against Mizzou, so I can get a better feel who should start the PAC-10 opener against UCLA. Do you get the sense the Beavers are in serious trouble, the second Pac-10 game is against Arizona.

First, candidate is Chris Perry, Senior: OVR: 81, Speed 91, ACC 74, Awareness 76, Throw Power 82, Throw Accuracy 78.

Second Candidate is Tyler Johnson, Junior: OVR 77, Speed 81, ACC 77, Awareness 67, Throw Power 79, Throw Accuracy 83.

In looking at the candidates, Perry is about as fast as my running backs, but his throw accuracy is kinda weak, and I think that caused at least one of interceptions. Johnson is mobile and has better throw accuracy, and is probably next year's starter.

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I'd go with the junior. Not saying you should give up on the year, but get accustomed to playing with him. If he doesnt work out, go with Perry, and just take the blows as they come. Not a great way to start the year, to say the least.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I picked Perry just because you put in the Pistol offense this season. You gotta have a mobile QB to do that.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Perry seems clear cut on ability, but Johnson could use the experience. However in 2 or 3 games you may be doing what I did last season and go with the Sr. The big difference there though was that I started a true freshman to begin the year.