Who the f*** do you think you are?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I thought it would be good for everyone to post a bit about yourselves so we can all get to know each other a bit outside just playing games.

My name is Drew (real creative of me with my screenname huh?), I'm 38 as of last weekend, and a CPA. I currently work as a consultant doing state compliance auditing out here in So Cal. I work in Woodland Hills (about 45 minutes north of LA) and live in Simi Valley (about 30 minutes from Ventura). I've been married for nearly 13 years, and me and the wife have 2 young boys (Payton - nearly 4 years old, and Aiden who is nearly 3), with a baby girl on the way in July.

My only real hobbies since college (when the drinking and use of illicit substances ended for me) are watching sports and playing video games. I used to play several hours a night and almost all weekend, then the kids came. Now I'm limited to playing when the kids are out or asleep, which is why the AM will be my only league this year in all likelihood.

Below is a picture of my two hyenas.....er....sons. Anyone who is on party chats with me will get to know the voices in the background soon enough.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dru50

Wow - that photo is bigger than I thought it would be.....oh, well.

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

My name's Josh and I'm from Moscow, Idaho.....I'm an Ncaa addict..... :cool:

I was born my father's sophomore year playing football at WSU, so I have crimson blood with some grey trim :D

28, a baby girl and a boy on the way!

[​IMG]

Let's see.....some other stuff. I have been officiating high school basketball for 9 years, and I'm planning on going into college officiating in the next few years. The goal is D-1 in 4-5 years. I am just really getting grindin' in my health and wellness coach business with Herbalife International, hopefully getting ready to leave my current job at A&W Restaurant and become boss-less, with the exception of myself, within a year. (If you are looking for health products or looking to lose weight, I'm your guy ;)).

Now the Lead Editor of All Coug'd Up! @ Allcougdup.com, a WSU fansite through the FanSided Network. I also have done Gospel Rap and am a very strong Christian.

Anyways, that's me in a nutshell. A very, very small nutshell.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

My name is Justin (You can call me J or JJ) and in a short amount of time i will currently be returning to my home in Anchorage, Alaska. I tried it down here in Phoenix, AZ but due to some complicated circumstances i just couldn't make it down here in the desert. I love NCAA and have been playing religiously since 2003. NCAA 12 will be my 10th installment of the franchise that i have purchased and it kind of excites me in a nerdy way haha. Being in Anchorage i'm usually on later than most TSO folks so this OD was perfect for me to make my premier debut. This was kind of a hack job between my two favorite OD's (RMG and Night Owls) so i know most of the people here and enjoy playing with them.

What do i do? Well for the past 5 years since i graduated HS i've been pissing away time in college and working in radio and customer service on and off. The goal is to be in sports broadcasting in the next 5 years. Preferably doing play by play in the MiLB (if the MLB presents itself i'm all for it). I'd gladly settle for being a talking head in a major sports market as well. I'll actually be returning to radio when i get back to AK and i'm looking forward to that. If anyone is ever curious to hear my work i did some podcasts for an OD i ran with @bucsfan047 back in the winter and will gladly post it here.

I imagine i'm obligated to show you my ugly mug, but if i must it will be in a pic where i am in GREAT company. This is me at the Cleveland Indians Spring Training opener. Special guest in the pic is early AL MVP fave and probable All Star selection Asdrubal Cabrera. The neighboring pic is me playing softball with the coed team i ran back in Alaska (will be taking them back over upon my return).
    [​IMG] 46319_10150274643755191_673085190_15193802_3527926_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im Zach, 38 years old and I live in a small town called Redlands, about an hour east of Los Angeles. Been in this area for most of my life now. Spent some time in NoCal at Chico State University but the extra curricular activities there proved to be too much for me to actually attend classes :)

So from there, 4 years in the Navy as a medic, and now I work on Fire Equipment, mainly, the SCBA units and breathing support for a large department out here in the largest county in the US (area wise anyways).

Im married with 2 kids...2nd wife, been going strong for almost 4 years now. Hopefully we get through the rough economic times ahead as my wife will stating nursing school soon and my income is not that great for Southern California. My kids are awesome...my boy, Markley, turned 3 in March and my daughter Zoey will be turning 1 at the end of this month.

I have no spare time for daylight hobbies these days but I used to like to play golf and go fishing and camping. Looking forward to getting back to that as the kids get older. Yes, i was a deadhead, and like the Jam Bands out there (some of them not all of them). Started with the Grateful Dead in the late 80's (saw them a handful of times), then moved onto Phish in the 90's (probably made to about 50 shows). No days, my band of choice is moe. If you havent heard them or seen them, check them out, they are great. I dont get out to see them as much these days (maybe once a year compared to several times a year before children).

And now my pics...just the kids, if you want to see my ugly mug, find me on facebook. My kids are much better looking than I am :)

This is Markley, my 3 year old terror on 2 feet!
    [​IMG]

This is Zoey, my sweet angel who hasnt learned from her brother yet. She'll be one at the end of June
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jayrah

@JFace907

Gotta be honest bro....you look better than he does LOL :D.....But not as good as me though....don't get it twisted! :p

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Well my name is Forest and I am 33 years old. I currently live in Montesano, WA, about 40 minutes from the Pacific Ocean, but am originally from Central Washington. I am big a Washington State Cougar fan. I graduated from WSU in 2000. After attending WSU, I drove eight miles down the road to Moscow and attended the University of Idaho College of Law graduating in 2003.

I currently work for a local municipality as their prosecuting attorney. In addition I am currently married and have one child, with one more child on the way, I just found out this week. My current child's name is Brandon, named after Brandon Roy. Yes, my child is named after a Husky I may go to Cougar Hell. My current child is almost one year old, and is a dwarf. The specific type of dwarfism is Kinest Dysplasia which is caused from a mutant Collagen Type II gene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will also throw in a picture of my Man Cave where I will play all my games. So when you are beating me, at least you will know I will be losing in style.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dru50

Congrats on the new baby Forest! Hopefully you reacted better than I did when my wife told me about our 2nd pregnancy (head in my hands) or our 3rd pregnancy (dumbfounded look of shock).

9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Guess ill put myself out here since i dont really know any of you on a personal level outside of Justin.

My name is Matt im 22 and right now(plan on moving within the next month) im living in Vallejo, California which is about 30 minutes north of San Fran and Oakland and an hour away from Sacramento. I've only lived out here on the west coast for exactly 6 months today actually. Moved out here to be with my woman and to see what its like, figure im at that age where I can rebound if i need to lol. Originally im from Fort Lauderdale, Florida grew up hating all the local teams like the Dolphins and Heat but have always been a Canes fan but didnt really start getting into college football in depth until 3 or 4 years ago. NFL wise im a Bucs fan (name didnt give that away at all) but have a spot for the Ravens as well. My NBA teams are The Magic and The Lakers about equally.

As far as school and work goes I should be finishing my associates degree within the next year and im still trying to nail down my major between History or Business Admin and im currently looking for work but I do a bit of freelance writing type stuff on the side and odd jobs here and there.

No kids thankfully but I do have a pet rabbit, and on the weekends we always have my girlfriends little brothers (10 & 12) stay at our house, so if you see me on XBL on saturday or sunday its more likely to be them than me. I try not to take myself to seriously and always enjoy a good laugh.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

My name is Colin and I'm 23 living with my girlfriend in the Phoenix area. I'm in my third year at ASU right now going for my CIS (MIS) degree. I also intern as a DB/systems administrator which is whats taking up most of my time right now. I've been here in AZ for about seven years now, I've also lived in Cali (San Diego, LA) and grew up right outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Out of high school I joined up with the Marine Corps reserves as a vehicle operator and was deployed to Iraq in 2009. In my spare time you'll find me watching any sports I can get my hands on. Football is my drug of choice though. Here is a pic of me overseas right before a convoy......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. cfoley33102

cfoley33102 Walk On

Well, looks like it's my turn. My name is Chad I am 31 years old and the next part is where I become an outcast. I live In Jonesboro, Arkansas about an hour from Memphis,Tn. I keep a crazy work schedule working in retail management for a sporting goods chain. With work and my son (Jackson 9) I stay busy during the day and afternoons so the late nights are my NCAA time.

I graduated from Arkansas State University with a Journalism degree with an emphasis in advertising, and my coaching endorsment. Coached a few years of High School football in area then after my son birth had to become a little more financially stable so took a job outside of teaching. In my spare time I am usually on xbox live or hanging out with the rugrat below. iphone 044.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jayrah

@gowazzucougs

For being a dwarf, you have a good looking little (no pun intended) boy!

.... And you're both color coordinated! How cute :D

13. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Wow, looks like I'm gonna be one of the last ones to post here.

My name is Joshua Cheeseman, and I am a 23 year old idiot. I grew up in a little farm house in northwest Illinois, and have spent my entire life living within that area. From an early age, I was taught that I could do whatever I want - except cheer for someone other than Illinois (great parenting, dad :D) After graduating from Eastland High School in 2006, I went to Northern Illinois University in Dekalb for a year, which ended up being one of the most scary times in my life for a number of reasons. I did enjoy my time in the marching band / pep band (sax player) there, but the school was just not right for me. After the year there, I came back home and achieved my associates degree from Highland Community College in Freeport, IL in 2 years. Another two years later, and we come now to the present where I am a graduate of Rockford College with my B.S. degree in mathematics. On Thursday, I will be starting grad school at RC when I go for my M.A. in Teaching.

After my first semester at Rockford College, my advisor presented me with an amazing opportunity. Every year, a Rockford College math major is given an internship by Rosecrance (a local drug / alcohol rehab facility) to work with the teenagers. The students there will have their work faxed to them from their original school, and then be placed in a classroom where they can work on their schoolwork. It's a great program, but the only issue is very few of the teachers are adept in math, so the students often need a tutor. This is where I have jumped in for the last 1.5 years. I make my way from class to class working with the kids who need help on their math homework, and provide them with a relaxing atmosphere while they are struggling with their recovery. This job means the world to me, and I have never been happier at a work place.

As far as my personal life is concerned, I'm in an on again/off again relationship with a girl from the U of I. it's complicated, and since I'm not even sure I understand it fully - I'm not getting into it. No kids, yet, but at some point I would like to become a dad. I dont have all that much free time during the day when I'm in school, but when I do, I go golfing. I was on the Rockford College golf team, but didnt score very well because shortly after joining I started feeling the effects of a spinal compression in my lower back, which has sent entire game to hell. Before the injury, I was about a 12 handicap. Now, I'm in the mid 20s. Other than golfing, I spend quite a bit of time on XBL. Whether it be watching movies, playing one of my 4 games, or just chatting with a few guys on there... I'm there.

I think that's where I'm going to leave it, because I really hate talking about myself. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask! (I'm on the right in the picture)
    [​IMG]

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Colemanchu.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dru50

aka - the meat between the Aaron Rodgers/Clay Matthews man sandwich.

16. Jayrah

So this is my Magic-Hater???

Isn't it interesting how you can NEVER peg the look of the guy that you hear over the microphone? I'll bet no matter who you put in the picture beside you, I would have never ever in a million years taken you over whoever it was.

Anyways lol, is that your magic sniffing monkey? :D

17. Cheez

@Jayrah

haha. Let me explain the monkey.

At the time this picture was taken, my education class was in the middle of collecting donations for the local food pantry in rockford. There was a school competition of some sort, and I dont particularly remember the theme. However, over Brian's shoulder you can kind of see that we had built a school bus with our cans, and George there was going to be the bus driver :)

As far as the picture goes... i figured this would be the best one to throw on here. I had this one, or one where my hair is halfway down my back.... but it's from a few years ago haha. However, now I'm scared that you are going to make some evil clone of me or work some voodoo magic or something haha.

Also, looks like you have a beautiful daughter in your's bro.

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

busted.. now i know where all the Mavs hate comes from.... enjoying your fishing trip?

19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You should just go down to the loser's lounge in the Night Owls to see more pictures of my awesome Man Cave.

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I tell you who the f@## I am ...... probably the most boring dude in here lol

Name is Dan , as the GT might have given away. I am 33yrs old and live in Columbus, Oh ..... but I am not a Buckeye fan, life long fan of The U , but I do enjoy going to Buckeye basketball games. Not married yet, new GF since March, no kids, just a crazy housecat that eats wires and shi#, I was an avid golfer until this year, trying to rehab a bad back and iffy hip so I am not playing much. Below is a pic of me from a tournament I won last year. I love football, basketball, MMA, but baseball is my first love. I do over the phone tech support for major cell phone company, not a dream job by any means but pay and benefits are good for a non college grad so I put up with it. Anything else just ask ;)

downloadfile-6-1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jayrah

Why Thank You sir. She is gorgeous.

And HAHA at the theme stuff. I was seriously wondering if you guys were in some thrifty toy store or something. Couldn't quite put it together. :D

22. Cheez

all I remember about the project was that we were donating canned goods to the local food pantry

23. Jayrah

Well at least by the trophy we know you have SOME stick skillz! :)

24. Dru50

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

4 years ago I when through the process of activating my xbox 360. All I wanted to do was play the first ever next gen 360 version of NCAA football which was the entire reason I purchased the system. But before I could play I had to fill out page after page of setup crap like choosing an image would be my icon, answering surveys and filling out account information using only a controller. By the time I reached the page where I needed to select a gamer tag I was sick of the sign up process. After several gamer tags were rejected, out of frustration I tried the name WhyGodWHY which also was taken as well as Whygodwhy1. So I jumped right to WhyGodWHY1111. I wanted to play my brand new game, and I could always change the gamer tag later. Finally I got to play my NCAA football, and it was... AWEFUL. I ended up buying the standard xbox version and never played my copy of NCAA football 2008 for 360 ever again.

When I finally got around to changing my GT, I come to find out it cost 5 dollars just to change your name. On principle I have refused to change my GT, or my Gamer Icon.

My name is Joe, I grew up in and live in the Redmond Washington area. I could be referred to as a Standard Nerd( pronunciation) if the other nerds did not look down upon me for following sports. I'm 30, single, and spend most of my time working ( I like to consider playing video games work :p ). In the office, I write code (and browse Tradition football) all day. Currently working on Blacklight: Retribution.

Also... Graduate UW - Computer Science

• Like Like x 3