Who the hell are these guys?

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Nov 24, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

In this spin-off of "Play him or Trade him", I thought I would take a look at guys who are flying under the radar, and should have a couple of pretty good seasons ahead of them. I was pretty spot on the last time I did this, and I hope this year is no different.

[​IMG]

1B Cole Frenzel (Free Agent)

Frenzel has spent his entire career in the New York Mets organization, and continues to develop as a power hitter. The Mets let him test the free agent waters at the end of the 2016 season and I am betting someone gives him a chance this year. His AAA season in Buffalo was impressive: .297/.354/.742 with 52 HR. In 2 seasons his power potential has jumped from 50, to 70.

[​IMG]

CF Max Kepler (Minnesota Twins)

Kepler has put up 3 straight seasons with a .400+ OBP. He has 1 All-Star award and 1 Gold Glove award in the minors. He has ++ Speed and defense in CF and gets on base at an amazing clip. Last year was his first taste of big league action, and in limited action he played well. Will he get the starting CF gig in Minnesota?

[​IMG]

1B Daniel Vogelbach (Chicago Cubs)

Vogelbach was drafted as a High Schooler in 2011 and is only 23 years old. In his last 2 seasons in AAA he put up OPS of .900+. In 2016 he won the PCL American Conference MVP and will now start full time for the Cubs.

[​IMG]

1B Keon Barnum (Houston Astros)

Barnum has been a steady performer in the Astros organization and is projected to be a very good hitter when he finally gets his shot. He continues to dominate with the following OPS + the last 3 seasons at A, AA and AAA: 136, 126, 125. He is still just 23 years old, and I feel that one more solid year in AAA will allow him to match his potentials.

[​IMG]

SP Manuel Ruiz (Milwaukee Brewers)

I have no idea how this kid is pitching as well as he is, but he has to be a big surprise for Ryan. He won the OUtstanding Pitcher award in the PCL in 2016 and his last 3 seasons he has been nearly unhittable with an Opponent Avg of less than .247.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Ruiz may have a shot at the big leagues this season... I don't understand how he's doing it, but it's apparent he's doing something right...