Who Wants it Most

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by dablakpope, Dec 11, 2013.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

With Seven weeks left in the season the playoff race is tighter than a dicks headband. I attribute this to the tremendous talent within the "Q". Let's begin with the AFC North.

AFC North

Barring a traumatic stumble the Browns seem to be the lock for the AFC North division, however there is a lot of football left to be played and stranger things have happened. Dablakpope has his team operating at a very high level. Some have argued that their schedule hasn't been as hard as other teams, especially for a team that won the sim Super Bowl and this quite possibly is true. However, the Browns have continued to win. After winning the Super Bowl in season 1, the Ravens have taken a step backwards it appears. Can they right the ship?

AFC East

The Jets and Dolphins both boast 6-3 records and split their games played this season. But hot on their hills are the Patriots at 5-4 and with the benching of Brady for Mallet, some wonder if Rob has thrown in the towel for this season. But being the competitor that he is, I don't see it that way. The true measuring stick will be the week 11 game between the Jets and Patriots. I definitely expect the division champ to come down to the last week. Looking at upcoming schedules, the Dolphins have the toughest remaining schedule with games against Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, Patriots, Bills, Niners and Ravens. It's definitely not going to be easy for the Dolphins. The Jets appear to have the easiest schedule in my opinion. My pick to win the division is The J-E-T-S.

AFC South

Next up is the AFC South or as I like to call it The Black and Blue division because every one of these division games is known to be a knock down drag out affair. The Jags sit atop the division with a 7-2 record (Good ole Doug made another zero team to Championship caliber, you got to love it) but 2 games behind him are the Colts at 5-4. The Colts came out the gate a little slower than expected, playing slightly above .500 ball. With the home stretch around the corner can the Colts be the same dominating team they were in season 1? At 3-6, the Titans and Texans are not to be counted out with 7 games remaining. Both teams have very good rosters with solid coaching staffs. Looking at the schedules, I believe the division will come down to the week 17 game between the Jags and Colts. Is the Jags 2 game lead too much for the Colts to overcome? Time will tell!

AFC West

Now this is another tight division. 1st place and 4th place are only separated by 2 games. Currently the Raiders sit in 1st at 5-4. At the beginning of the season, it looked like the Broncos were going to run away with the division after starting 4-1. They have since lost 4 games straight. The Chiefs with their 4 1st round draft picks have started to play better football and have a 3 game win streak as of the end of week 10. Looking at remaining schedules I give the edge to the Raider because 4 of their remaining 7 games are at home.

In closing for the AfC here are my picks for the playoffs: Browns, Jets, Raiders and Jags -div winners, Colts and Pats wildcards. But Chiefs could sneak in over Raiders.

NFC

In the Sim Super Bowl, The upstart Cardinals surprised everyone. They came up a little short but making it that far gave the team a lot of xp points for improvement of their roster. There are very good teams and coaching staffs in the NFC just like the AFC. Let's talk about it shall we!

NFC East

The New York Football Giants have been near top of team rankings all season. Owner J. Music is a very tough competitor. His team is currently 7-2 and leading the division. But hot on his heels are Philadelphia Eagles at 6-3 and 5-1 in their last 6 games. The Cowboys at 3-6 with a new QB and no running attack have taken a major step in the wrong direction. With 7 games remaining it's going to be a tight race. I have to give the edge to win the division to the Giants due to the fact that the Giants have beaten the Eagles twice already. The Eagles have the easier remaining schedule but the Giants are a resilient bunch and will take the division.

NFC North

The Vikings hold a 2 game lead over the Lions with their 6-3 record. The Lions should not be counted out though. Of their 5 losses only one was by more than 7 points and with 5 of 7 remaining games at home, this could be a recipe for a turnaround. Currently though the owner has been under the weather and had to have his team placed on auto for week 10(wishing him a speedy recovery). The Lions could currently be 5-4 and only 1 game back instead of 2. At 3-6, The Bears and Packers have an outside chance to make some noise. But can the new owner of the Bears, Zikry get acclimated to his new team in time. But 5 upcoming games on the road is a steep hill to climb. The Packers have a very solid roster but just haven't been able to put all the pieces together. From the outside looking in, the Vikings appear to have a tight grip on the division but Lions will not go quietly into the night. The Viking also has 5 of 7 remaining games on the road. Even with a 2 game lead I have to pick the Lions, not the Vikings to win this division.

NFC South

New owner Jeremy has come in and done what previous owner could not, make this team a winner. Currently at 7-2 and a 2 game lead the Bucs have themselves in a good position as of week 11. Can they continue their success? Their remaining schedule is not easy at all. Giants, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys and Raiders remain. Meanwhile the Panthers are 5-4 and trying to circle the wagons to make a season ending run at the Bucs. The Falcons have a punchers chance to sneak in as well plus they have a very favorable schedule remaining. It's going to be tight down the stretch. My pick is the Bucs but I'm not counting out the Falcons or Panthers.

NFC West

Last but very, very, far from the least is the NFC West. The Seahawks are 7-2 but the Rams and Cardinals are one game behind at 6-3. The Cardinals are flying high after defeating the Seahawks in week 10 in the game of the week. I would love to be able to watch the rematch of this game in week 17. The Seahawks remaining schedule is tough and 4 of the games on the road. The Seahawks have a remaining schedule of the Cowboys, Jets, Dolphins, Rams, Patriots, Niners and Cardinals. In order for the Seahawks to close out the division title they are going to have to play their A game throughout. The Rams have 6 of 7 games at home, included is a stretch of 5 games straight. That's some serious home cooking! The Cardinals don't have it easy either. The Cardinals end their season with the Dolphins, Bills, Giants, Niners, Rams, Bears and Seahawks. It's definitely going to be a thrilling end of regular season stretch. I honestly don't know who to pick for this division. But I will go with the Seahawks as division winner.

In closing of the NFC, I think there will be a team with 10 or 11 wins that doesn't make the playoffs. Normally you would think win 10 games and I'm in. Not in this conference, bring your best effort every time because to not do so could cost you in the end.

My picks: Giants, Lions, Bucs, Seahawks - div winners. Rams, Eagles - Wild card. But the Vikings, Cardinals and Falcons have a chance.
    I encourage everyone to make their picks! Hope you guys enjoy!

• Like Like x 10
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Nice job pope

3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Damn Pope you just basically did the same thing cry_havoc and i did lmaoo. Guess we should have coordinated our thoughts lol.

Either way, good stuff (y)

• Like Like x 3
  4. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Good work I'm liking the mid-seasn

5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

we totally out did him haha

6. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

2 (dick) heads are better than one. LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  7. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Great work though

8. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

dablakpope

Great Read...Great Content! Thanks

9. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great work Pope! You know me, the more content the better!

Hell of a write up sir!

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Cannot stop laughing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Excellent write up Pope.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

(y) nice read Pope

12. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Lack of a running attack???