Who will participate in a weekly league Highlight reel?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Nov 20, 2009.

?

Will you upload and link me Highlights?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Who will participate in a weekly league Highlight reel?

I want to know how many of you are willing to send me highlights and stats after every game so I can make a Full league wide highlight reel. I think its a pretty sweet way to quickly keep up with every team in the league. But I only want to do it if a vast majority of the league participates. Please answer the poll Question.

What I would need from you on a weekly basis. I would create a Weekly thread for Highlight collection. In this thread, hopefully every team would post the following for their game:
    Team A score X (userName)
    Team B score Y (userName or blank for CPU)

(Any Stats you want displayed as a box score)
    Player x: stat1, stat2, stat3.....
    player y: stat1, stat2, stat3.....
    player z: stat1, stat2, stat3.....

(link to highlights at EASPORTSWORLD)
    Link to highlight #1
    Blurb: "I wanted this displayed while the highlight is running"

Link to highlight #2

Link to highlight #3

Link to highlight #4

Link to highlight #5

They do not all have to be highlights for you team. The CPU does cools stuff sometimes (Though if you are playing another user only do your highlights, the other user will do their own highlights)

As soon as I can I will download the clips you post and reply so you know you can overright them(EAsports world only allows 5 or 6 at a time). When the week advances I will make a Giant Highlight reel.

I'd like to start with week 2

2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I've never done a ea highlight. I'm not a computer guy so to speak so I have a hard time picturing myself doing it

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Why1111 this is a great idea and I really like the motivation, however I think it might be difficult to do this every week. I know I would probably struggle to get stuff every week while continuing to run the league and try to generate content.

With that being said, I think we could definitely use this as either a way to highlight the game of the week results or we could do season highlights at different points throughout the season (every 3 or 4 weeks), or we could use it on user vs user games (this would be really cool since none of us broadcast).

How long does it take for you to put these highlights together?

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This is a great idea why...I hope you can pull it off.

For those who don't know how to do EA highlights, it is very simple, Im sure everyone could figure it out.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

It should take 5 mins to download the files per team. 10 mins to convert video formats and edit each team. Less if I do not add a bunch of effects. (first time will be slow because I have to setup templates)

Its a question of whether ppl want to take the extra 5-10 minutes after the game to save highlights and upload them to EAsportsworld. Once you have your profile bookmarks its not hard to get the links. As far as stats its all stuff ppl are posting anyways.

I think it would be fun. We could vote on Highlight of the week/year and what not.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but here are the problems I see with it.

1. Even getting most of the people to write a very short summary of their games (which I think is mandatory) is tough in this league, so I don't see many doing even more than that. Look at some of the old "advanced to week such and such" threads we've had in the past and see how many different people posted in them.

2. (This is the biggest problem) A lot of us (all of us?) play in more than 1 OD, and EASW only keeps the latest 6 vids so it'll be tough for you to grab them. If I post links to my UNC vids you might not be around when I post them right away. I then play my Michigan game and I upload my vids so I can make my own weekly highlight reel like I do for my blog and "poof" all of those links that you'll click on tomorrow are dead now. I could always upload the vids again, but there's no guarantee that they'll be there when you're ready to download them again.

3. Even if we could get enough people to do this, when the dynasty gets moving, we're advancing every 2-3 days and I think it'd be very tough to keep up with this at that pace.

With all that being said, I think this is an awesome idea and it'd be cool as hell if we could get it to work.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I do see the issue with multiple uploads. But if you really wanted to have a league highlight reel I think you could swing it. I am generally going to grab the videos within 12 hours if not much sooner. I will notify you when I grab them. Unless you have daily advance leagues and you post 5 videos for everyday, I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

Additionally we could setup a shared *SkyDive folder that you can upload to and I can download from. That way you can save them, then send them to me directly. It would be pretty ideal if the entire league did that(much less work for me and everything will be stored and organized online), but I was trying to keep things as simple as possible.

*SkyDive is a free online storage system from microsoft that is automatically tied to your windows live ID (everybody has one, its your email for XBOX account).

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

This is a poll. Please answer the poll question if you have not.

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Like I said.........

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I think its worth doing if we get more than 5 ppl willling to participate. People will probably want to be a part of the fun once they see A large group of highlights with box scores.

Jello: I feel like a I addressed all of your concerns

1) people will not want the extra work: Maybe we do not get everyone but its only like 10 extra minutes of work, and I think ppl will want to do it more if they see A video with 25-30 highlights from 5-6 games.

2) Upload congestion: Anyone that is concerned about not being able to overwrite the videos can download the video files and send them to me directly.

3) Fast pace dynasties: None of the 4 dynasties I am in here advance more than twice a week and I am the one doing all the work.

If we can get the poll to 6 Yes's, thats enough to start.

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, I'd say give it a try for a couple weeks and see how it goes. You probably won't get everyone to post links every week but I'd imagine some weeks guys might have some (and the time to do it) and some weeks they won't. It shouldn't take too long, so just post a link or two into your game summary and then it should be all set.

12. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

i think this is a great idea and i really want to be a part of it.