Who will win the National Championship????

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by BigKing, Oct 13, 2011.

?

Who will win the National Championship????

1. Florida State

25.0%
  2. Ohio State

50.0%
  3. Alabama

12.5%
  4. Utah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. USC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Texas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Miami

12.5%
  8. LSU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Clemson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other.....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Since I've been getting a lot of flack regarding the greatness of the Florida State Seminoles, I thought I'd give you an opportunity to share your opinion, in the the laziest way possible, just like Overdrive likes it.

So who's the favorite?

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Heck yeah....

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigKing

Raidernation just to be clear, losing records halfway through the season usually don't bode well for winning Championships.

4. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I think Ohio State has a pretty good chance.

5. BigKing

As good as anyone.

6. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I gave the slight nod to Ohio State because Virginia Tech looks like the only team that could prevent these two teams from playing each other (Wisconsin isn't too bad). If you both make it, I am taking Ohio State based on the Alabama win without obviously knowing how good either of you in user games.

7. BigKing

I like your logic, I can't agree with your decision. One thing to be sure, the FSU vs OSU championship will be must see TV.

8. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

The Ohio St vs Bama game was spread out over 4 disconnect games hard to keep the momentum going with constant disconnects so I would not make a decision based upon the results of that game.

9. BigKing

Unfortunately while that may be true, it appears that was Gwill's ticket to the Championship.

10. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

All I've got to say is....you guys better take advantage of your opportunity while Clemson is down! Next year baby!

11. BigKing

Aren't you coming into the house that Coach BigKing built next year?

12. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

........ Was my vote that obvious ?? In either case you still have to face me this season and possibly in the ACC chip. that being said even if you do win versus my lower rated squad I think the Buckeyes will stuff your seminoles back in your teepee if your able to crawl into the big game.

13. BigKing

Ouch... Well allow me to retort.

Let me put the three teams you mention into perspective.

Overall Player Rank:

1) FSU 82.12
    2) OSU 80.48
    3) Mia 76.37 Congrats you are correct, your talent isn't quite up to snuff

Good luck in a few weeks. I wish you the best in your quest for the opportunity to face the Seminoles in the ACC Championship game. I certainly will do my part to add a loss to to all the other contenders that face FSU.

14. Raidernation

Lol .... Up to snuff huh ........ Week 12 ..... Bring a poncho

15. BigKing

16. C Young

C Young Walk On

I think someone has been hitting the smelling salts too hard.....the REAL U, USC would dismantle the U and I'm not even close to title contention! lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Raidernation

Wow do you lift BigKing 's dress up when he walks over puddles too ? I don't need salts when it comes to facts. FSU still has to win some key games before he crowns his self prince, and as a ACC rival that plays him every year, it's my duty to talk trash. Beside USC wouldn't last a practice in the ACC ..... We on east coast time get it right. Raidermation 1 c young 0

18. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

That is always a tough situation. Unfortunately, being a newcomer means all I have to go on is results and rosters (which are even for the most part). I just hope that no one falters and it gets settled on the field.

19. BigKing

Raidernation

Just in case you forgot our match-ups the past two seasons:

Florida State 27
    Miami 7

After a disappointing start to the season the Seminoles traveled to Miami for a crucial game in the chase for the ACC title. With EJ Manuel still out, backup Clint Trickett held has own going 14-23 for 214 yards and two scores. Trickett only made one mistake that appeared to turn into a pick six, however it was brought back on a clipping call. But the day belonged to the Seminole defense, who shut out Miami's offense and only allowed a total of around 100 yards offense while sacking Hurricane QB Stephen Morris 7 times. Miami's lone big play of the game was a 100 yard kickoff return by Josh Newby, which might be the best return of the year. The Seminoles will look to make it three straight wins next week when they host the surprising Duke Bluedevils.​

Florida State 28
    Miami 0

FSU's bye week came just at the right time as their backup freshman quarterback had an extra week to prepare for the Miami Hurricanes. Trickett had an excellent game going 10-16 243 yards and 3 scores. The Seminoles defense once again proved it is one of the best in the nation by shutting out Miami and forcing Jacory Harris into 4 interceptions and holding the Hurricane rushing attack to a measly 1.31 yards per carry.

FSU plays a weak Virgina team next week and there will be plenty of scoreboard watching as Clemson travels to NC State. A Clemson win and they are ACC champions, a Clemson loss combined with a Seminole victory means that the strongest team in the ACC, FSU, would bring home the title.

20. Raidernation

SMH .... And you won both BCS chips during those seasons I presume? Without using any excuses I'll just say NO win is guaranteed in Overdrive and in the ACC, never has been .... Get your popcorn ready.

21. C Young

C Young Walk On

clayandlbf , I want Raidernation next year - in MIAMI. Maybe its not the Orange Bowl, but I'd still like to slap you around down in Coral Gables - send you packing to Overtown. I need at least one OOC cakewalk next year if I'm gonna compete for the Nat'l Title :). CYoung 1 Raidernation .001

22. Raidernation

Lmao ... You gotta love it haha, the power of persuasion. Good luck with that next year, and remember you asked for it!!

23. C Young

C Young Walk On

My wish will be granted! Watch out for Jesse Scroggins FYI....ps after I win I will plant the trojan sword right on the U logo :).

24. Raidernation

Jesse Scrotums huh? Odd name for a halfback. I would threaten you with one of my top 70+ overall players but its no telling, depends if I make the offseason recruit / players coming back advance..... Your team has no shot we don't use condoms down in Miami.

25. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

we don't use condoms down in Miami.[/quote]

...except to smuggle drugs right?

• Like Like x 1