Who's Ballin?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Blaza, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Ok men, we've hit week 6 and are hovering around the half-way point in the season. Who's ballin' out for your squads? I was taking a look at the stats and saw some interesting things around the nation. jfosh and ASU's Brock Osweilder has thrown for 5 TDs and nearly 1300 yards, but leads the nation with 17 picks, nearly double the #2 thrower. Is Super 'Backer Vontaze Burfict holding up the squad defensively?

Riptides and UGA have a TE leading their offense with over 550 yards receiving. They were beaten handily by South Carolina earlier, but are coming off a huge blowout of SML and Miss State. What was the difference?

For me and South Carolina, the usual suspects are doing their part, but we are getting some bigtime help from some lesser known names as well:

Ace Sanders, WR, SOPH
    5'7 173 lbs.
    92 SPD, 88 AGI, 90 ACC, 71 AWR, 97 STA, 74 BTK, 90 RTE, 83 CTH

'Lil Ace' as he is affectionately known by teammates has been a bundle of energy for the Gamecocks this young season. The pint-sized WR has done a bit of everything, leading the SEC and coming up 3rd in the nation in KR yards with 515 yds on 18 attempts with 1 TD. He's got 22 punt returns for 152 yards. Ace has added 11 catches for 134 yards with a TD. His 90 route running has him becoming one of Garcia's favorite safety valves. It will be interesting to see how Ace develops over his next few years in Columbia.

DJ Swearinger, SS, JR
    5'11 203 lbs.
    88 SPD, 85 AGI, 91 ACC, 77 AWR, 86 STA, 91 PUR, 90 PRC, 93 HPW

We have players on the defense with better stats then DJ. He's only got 14 tackles with 1 TFL and 1 INT. But he has played much better then the stats may indicate. He's ALWAYS around the ball and does just an incredible job funneling ball-carriers into a heard of defenders. He's done a great job in coverage when asked as well. DJ will lay the wood to ya (no homo) with 2 forced fumbles in the young season.

Usual Suspects

Stephen Garcia, QB, SR
    6'2 230 lbs.
    80 SPD, 74 AGI, 80 ACC, 81 AWR, 84 STA, 89 THP, 85 THA

67-120 1249 yds, 10 TDs (Leads SEC)

Alshon Jeffery, WR, JR
    6'4 234 lbs.
    93 SPD, 92 AGI, 88 ACC, 85 BTK, 86 ELU, 92 AWR, 95 STA, 80 CAR, 90 CTH, 95 RTE, 93 SPC, 92 REL

21 catches, 559 yards, 5 TDs (Leads SEC, 3rd in Nation)

Marcus Lattimore, TB, SO
    6'0 231 lbs.
    90 SPD, 89 AGI, 92 ACC, 99 STA, 94 BTK, 96 TRUCK, 94 CAR, 78 CTH, 86 STA
    86 rushes-563 yards, 8 TDs (third in SEC) / 7 catches - 77 yards ,1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

No real surprises for Wisconsin, the guys we expected to lead the way for us are.

QB Russell Wilson - 93ovr
    45/70 - 938 yds - 11 td / 2 int
    Wilson has come in and given us stability at the QB position. He had a real bad game vs Oregon St, especially with 2 fumbles, and wasn't his greatest vs Nebraska but still managed to win that game. We are a run first team, but Wilson atleast makes team respect the pass vs us, and also worry about his ability to scramble. And can't really argue with a 11-2 TD-Int ratio

HB James White (91ovr) / Montee Ball (89ovr)
    Combined: 914 rush yds / ABSURD 7.50 ypc / 11 td - 155 rec yds / 1 td
    These 2 are the heart and soul of our offense. Ball took some time for me to get used to using, but now that I have, he is a nice change up to White. White is still clearly our star on offense and as only a sophmore, he is 2nd in the Heisman running. He is the "speed" part of the combo, although he is plenty strong to run up the middle and gain the tough yards. Ball is simply a bruiser. He's like 215 lbs and always falls forward. I have gotten accustomed to him now and realize he isn't a guy I can juke with, I need to just lower the should and take the 3-4-5 yds he gives us.

WR Nick Toon (90ovr)
    22 rec - 464 yds - 5 td
    We knew Toon was our best receiver, and had great hands, but he has shown a real good ability at taking a short pass, breaking a tackle and breaking away. Has done it 3 times, including once against Nebraska. When we need a 1st down on 3rd and 7, he is always our first look

TE Jake Byrne (84ovr)
    10 rec - 237 yds - 3 td
    If there is any surprise performer on our team it's Byrne. I have always used my TEs well in the passing game, but he has an uncanny ability of catching the deep ball. We have no fear sending him on seam or post routes from the TE position and if he is 1 on 1, I'll put it up and give him a chance to make a play

MLB Kevin Claxton (85ovr)
    17 tack - 9 tfl - 3 sack - 2 ff - 1 fr
    We are very deep at LB, and actually rotate 7 guys depeding on the defensive package we are in. Claxton is the only one who plays in all of them, as he is the best, and has put up impressive numbers so far

CB Antonio Fenelus (89ovr), Devin Smith (85ovr) & Marcus Cromartie (78ovr)
    2 int each
    with the exception of Nebraska picking us apart (and truthfully, Mo would do that to anyone), our secondary has played great this year. We play Nickle alot to get all 3 of these guys on the field, and each have come up with 2 picks so far

• Like Like x 2
  3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

PENN STATE

OFFENSE

HB Stephon Green (SEN) - 89/835 YDS, 10 TDS
    An old Favorite of mine back from 2009. He is a quick and fast and can break out for a TD on any carry. Fear him!

HB Silas Redd - (SOPH) - 72/544 YDS, 10 TDS
    I think this guy is actually better than Green but we are riding the hot hand here and it seems that splitting the carries keeps both backs at peak energy levels.

DEFENSE

CB D Anton Lynn - (SEN) - 5 Interceptions and 2 TDS
    Just try and test this guy.....he is a pass coverage machine.

These are the Standouts from Penn State this season.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Holy crap. You guys are putting up some big tine stats. I can't seem to find your sliders, are you on default AA?

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    STANFORD CARDINAL

HB Stepfan Taylor, JR
    80 carries, 472 yds 5 TD; 11 receptions, 168 yds, 2 TD

Taylor has been steady in the backfield as a tough runner and excellent receiver. The offense goes through him.

WR Chris Owusu, SR
    18 receptions, 352 yds, 3 TD

Owusu is our most reliable receiver, makes tough catches in the middle of the field and can also beat his man deep on occasion.

ROLB Blake Lueders, JR
    10 Tackles, 7 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR

Leuders has been our best pass rusher in the 3-4 defense. He has outplayed his higher rated LB mates.

6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    He's been playing scrubs, lol.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

For season 1, yes. We usually like to see how the came plays stock for a season and then ramp it up significantly after that.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah i think he's actually played 2 FCS teams in his first 5 lol

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

who?

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

you! just checked though, was only 1 FCS team plus Temple and E. Mich....so basically 3 FCS teams lol

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

also add purdue, northwestern, and illinois.....lulz.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

your schedule this year is ridiculous. other than bama, cake 9-0 start. then finish with a 1-2-3 bang of mo, ohio st, me. should be undefeated in the top 5 atleast by time you play nebraska

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah default schedules work well in real life but not so much in video games...

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

No Doubt the Devils are chucking the rock...but Oseweiler has been HORRIBLE!!!!..... Defensively ASU is strong but with opposing teams having 17 extra chances not counting Brock's fumble's they are running at their wits end...please do something on Offense Brock!!!!

ASU's coaches and fans are extremely disappointed....it could get worse tonight we take on the UTES.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont have the numbers in front of me, so ill go with a coach-speak write-up..

Our team has adapted well to the change in offensive scheme. As coaches, you try to put your players in a position to succeed and I think we've been doing that. Jordan (Wynn) is a great kid. Kind of undersized, not the fastest kid in the world, doesnt have the cannon you look for at the next level, but he has been efficient and effective. We've been slowly incorporating more option plays into the offense to take advantage of his speed, but he has been excelling in the pocket so we dont want to mess with success either. Luckily for him, he has some weapons to work with.

(Thretton) Palamo has answered the call this year. He is a big back at 6'2 222lb and plays like it. He is only a Sophomore so we didnt know what we'd get from him, but so far we're impressed. He's not a home-run hitter yet, but he gets up into the second level often and can get the tough yards. If he stays healthy he could crack the 1,000 yard mark and finish with a good amount of TDs.

The receiving corps is lead by (RS)Junior Devonte Christopher. They are a tall, strong group of WRs which work well with our offense. YAC is mantra here in Salt Lake, and our wide-outs are expected to make things happen after the catch. We have a great pass-catching TE too in Moeai, who has really caught fire as of late.

We have kids making plays on defense too. Derrick Shelby, a Senior DE from Houston, TX is up near the top of the sack list, and Senior DB Conroy Black is close to leading the nation in interceptions.

A defense that forces turnovers and a offense that takes care of the ball are ingredients in our recipe for winning.

Utah faces PAC12 South divisional rival Arizona State tonight. If the Utes continue to perform like they have it could be tough for ASU, but Coach Max knows better than to overlook anyone in this conference.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    USUAL SUSPECTS
    QB Taylor Martinez (88)- 55/88, 1045yds, 12TD's, 3INT's
    ---Martinez has been throwing the ball better this year and this offense suits him a bit better. With the coaching staff having concerns about his durability, he's worked hard on his accuracy. He's been running less and the result is a much fluid offense for Nebraska.

RB Rex Burkhead (91)- 82car, 634yds, 10TD's
    ---Burkhead's workload has been light to start off due to teams faced and the last game trying to come from behind. The staff wants to give Burkhead and Green (backup) more touches. Rex has been very good so far and has been breaking off huge runs.

DT's Jared Crick (94) and Blake Steinkhuler (4 sacks each)
    ---Crick and Stein have been our best pass rushers.

FS Courtney Osborne (84)
    ---Osborne has 3 picks already and is leading the team in tackles. He's been around the ball a lot and he's been the biggest surprise for us so far.

Our defense has been very bad so far. Most of it is due to us being ultra aggressive and the opponents have been seemingly finding the right spots. We have the Dline we feel to sort of play this style but it seems our secondary and a few of our backers have been very subpar.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice thread!

Well, we are 4-1 and our victories haven't been very impressive to mr. power rankings so we have work to do and it doesn't look like the current recruiting class is going to greatly improve our roster.

However, we have some players that are doing their thang, so to speak.

I guess the most surprising player has been the MLB Mike Marry. He leads the nation in solo tackles and is second in overall tackles. Just as a sidenote.. There is a serious problem with simmed tackles for loss... Through 5 games, cpu players (for cpu teams) shouldn't have 19 tackles for loss, Hello, I think the record is in the low 30's for a season...)

Anyway

MLB Mike Marry. 6'2" 237 lb. MLB from Florida. 79 OVR, 81 SPD. Horrible in coverage at least when I'm controlling him. :)
    40 tackles, 27 solo, 9 TFL, 13 assists, 2.5 sacks, 1 pass deflection. He has made some big TFL in big spots.

HB Brandon Bolden. 5'11" 221, LA - 91 OVR
    94 Car, 475 yds, 5.1 avg, 95.0 ypg
    His production has been limited somewhat by the fact that we've been in close games, or behind, and had to pass. For instance against Georgia we completely went away from the pass.

WR Melvin Harris. 6'7" 205, GA - 84 OVR
    19 Rec, 377 yds, 19.8 avg, 2 TD
    Disappointing that we haven't gotten him going in the red zone more, I mean he's 6'7"! But it's nice to have somebody to just throw it up to if all hell breaks loose.

TE Ferbia Allen. 6'4" 245, AR - Also doing work.
    HB Jeff Scott - Does well when healthy, which is rare.
    QB Mackey - 9 TD, 6 INT. Struggled really bad at times, made big plays at other times.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Well, I would have liked to said that the Wolverines were 6-0 but those Mofo Wildcats and Persa had other ideas. "We still need to work on our passing game and not leaving our CBs on an island." replied Coach Twist in his post-game PC after the loss to NW. "I still need to tighten the defense one way or another." Twist said while rubbing his new cast on his right hand.

QB Denard Robinson: 48/82 773 yards 8 TDs 10 Ints
    18 carries 51 yards 0 TDs
    Denard has suffered various injuries throughout the first 6 games and has finally had a breakout game againsy NW so it is a good sign of things to come.

HB Stephen Hopkins: 133 att 612 yards 3 TDs
    4 catches 24 yards 0 TDs
    Hopkins has had a very good year so far but has failed to finish the last 2 games due to injury, so a break will be given to him in order to give Tom Shaw the ball more often.

HB Tommy Shaw: 62 att. 369 yards 3 TDS
    3 catches 12 yards 0 TDS
    Shaw has been a super backup and need s to see more carrys.

TE Ken Koger: 21 catches 421 yards 5 TDS

Koger has been the Offensive MVP this season, rarely dropping a catchable ball and getting good YAC after the grab.

DEFENSE:

DT Mike Martin: 16 tackles 8 sacks 2 FF 10 TFL

Martin is a true BEAST!!

FS Carvin Johnson: 10 tackles 1 TFL 3 INTS

Johnson has been a vert solid defender but missed some assignments in the Michigan game. Expect more deep cover from this ball hawk.

The Wolverines were knocked down a peg after their humbling defeat against the Wildcats so hopefully they refocus their attention again to the Big 10 crown.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

UH oh, you punched something!? lolol

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Looked through my squad, and there's really not anyone who is standing out at all. It's truly been a team effort for these guys. One week, one guy will step up. The next, it's someone entirely different. I would say our entire defensive front has been a doing a great job. Oregon State leads the nation in sacks so far with 40. Andrew Luck, we're coming for you! lol

21. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wait, what?

So that's what, 8 per game?

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i sent you a message the other day on this....

He had like 12 vs FCS and 8 vs Wisconsin.....

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah he did :(