Who's got a shot at the title?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

OK - with 3 games left for everyone, we have 3 user teams still unbeaten with a shot at getting into the top 2 by the end of the season:

#1 Ohio St - games left vs Purdue (H), #4 Penn St (H - user game) and Michigan (A - user game) plus a possible CCG against Michigan (user)
    #4 Penn St - games left vs Nebraska (H), #1 Ohio St (A - user game) and Wisconsin (H - user game) plus a possible CCG against Michigan (user)
    #5 USC - games left vs Washington (H), #2 Oregon (A) and UCLA (H) plus a possible CCG against Oregon or Stanford (user)

Who do you guys think can run the gauntlet and go unbeaten the rest of the way?

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I would not be shocked one bit if Oregon destroys everyone's dreams of a User/User Natty. I also would not be shocked if Penn State knocks off Ohio State only to lose the following week to Wisconsin. This is gonna be an AWESOME race to watch (and participate in).

3. Dru50

I didn't even include the other CPU unbeatens, including Oklahoma and Boise St, so I could see one or more users left out of the title game even if we have unbeaten PAC 12 and B1G champs.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

With the Big 12 and Mountain West not having title games, i think it gives the users (assuming they go unbeaten) the advantage of the BCS seeing them one more time in a championship game atmosphere. Sucks for Oklahoma seeing as they had a title game....

5. Dru50

The CPU teams that could be problematic in my mind are:

Boise St - have to play UNLV, TCU (at home), San Diego St, Wyoming and New Mexico
    Oklahoma - have to play Texas A&M, Baylor, Iowa St and Oklahoma St
    South Carolina - have to play Arkansas, Florida, and FCS team and Clemson

I think Oklahoma could lose to either A&M or Oklahoma St and South Carolina could lose any of the non-FCS games they have left. Boise is going undefeated though (thanks Colemanchu).

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im very curious to see how everyone does against Oregon. The fact that Cal seemed to play with them tells me at least Stanford or USC (or both) will beat them. I like Dru's chances of running the table better than those B1G 10 guys. I could see USC undefeated and not in the NC game as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dru50

I could definitely see that as a possibility.

8. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

dislike

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

(y)

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cheez

Why does recchem's post about USC being undefeated and not getting in the national championship game a thumbs up? That means' he has probably beaten you twice.

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

it was in the process of being edited when you posted this. I was a little to early to jump the gun in posting it.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

thats how i roll.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Um...nevermind