Whos Next - 2022 American League Edition

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Brandon S., Aug 6, 2013.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

[​IMG]

1B Tom Harris - Kansas City

Harris was drafted with the 22nd pick overall in 2020 by Kansas City after going 85-77 in their 1st full season under new management (Had to throw that in there, my content so i get to brag). He quickly made his way through the minors and played in 103 games in 2021 ending the season with a .370 batting average and 3.6 WAR.

[​IMG]

C Wayne Barnes - Baltimore Orioles

Drafted with the 6th overall pick in 2019 by the Padres, Barnes quickly became the #2 prospect in the ML before he was shipped to Baltimore in a VERY questionable, scrutinized deal involving some over-rated scrub pitcher (that Kansas City got rid of). He hit 34 HR in his rookie campaign while posting a WAR of 3.5 and fits in perfectly with @ryalaman 's Baltimore Bombers.

[​IMG]

1B Dave Harris - Baltimore Orioles

It pains me to add another prospect from Baltimore to this list but Dave Harris is having a monster season and barring injury, will be terrorizing AL East pitchers for a long time. Harris wasnt a top notch prospect at the time he was traded by Pittsburgh to Baltimore, but his teammates quickly showed him the juice that every Baltimore prospect seems to be taking and his peripherals skyrocketed. Whether this guy is on roids or deer antler velvet, expect him to be busted for HGH at some point in his career.

[​IMG]

SP Takechi "Sparkplug" Ogawa -Baltimore Orioles

While I really dont want to add another Oriole to this list, it can not be denied that Ogawa is on his way to becoming a premier pitcher in the AL. He has a ridiculous amount of firepower behind him and will be accumulating 15+ win seasons for the rest of his career in Baltimore. His 3rd year in the league has been his best yet, with an ERA sub 2.50 and a 16-6 record with little more than a month left in the season.

[​IMG]

3B Jimmy Broaca - New York Yankees

This guy took his sweet time going through the minors but it was well worth it as he now leads the AL in BA and is top 5 in HR. At 26 years old, he will be a staple of the Yankees offense for atleast 5-6 more seasons.

[​IMG]

RF John Ward - Toronto Blue Jays

Not sure whats up with the Honus Wagner-esque picture but John Ward is 26 years old and is a premier batter in the AL. There aren't too many bright spots in Toronto these days, but it must be nice seeing this guy on the roster.

[​IMG]

SS Woody Scarlett - Chicago White Sox

@soxandgators is probably reading this and wondering why it took so long for me to mention a Chisox. After tanking for the better part of 10 seasons, the South Siders finally have a cornerstone to build from. At age 25, Scarlett has an amazing glove paired with a steady bat and should be one of the top 3 SS for many years.

[​IMG]

SP Randall Walker - Chicago White Sox

This guy was the #2 overall pick behind Spooks Romero in the 2019 draft. Both pitchers were high school arms and were questioned for being selected so high but the gamble paid off and he is tearing it up in the ML 3 seasons later. Maybe he was brought up too early, but he is the best pitcher on the staff this year for Chicago. I chose him to be on this list instead of Romero because he is a former Royal, and because Romero is blowing chunks in ML. And hes a former Royal.

[​IMG]

C Shane Mathis - Seattle Mariners

In a non-existent offense, this guy sure does bring a little bit of life to the lineup. In his Sophomore year, hes improving on his +.300 BA and will most likely have another WAR above 3 by seasons end. He is one of the better offensive catchers in the AL and should continue that way for the next 5-6 years.

[​IMG]

C Andrew Brewster - Kansas City Royals

I had 9 players on this list and i cant end it on an odd number so i'll throw in my very own home-grown catcher Andrew Brewster. He has big shoes replacing 2 time all star Jonathan Lucroy but he is doing the job wonderfully posting a .314 BA as a rookie. At age 25, expect him to be a top 5 catcher in the AL until @NeuroticTruth decides to give away another amazing catcher. ;)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

It's like the AL West doesn't exist :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brandon S.

Whats an AL West? I guess i can edit in the Catcher from Seattle, hes pretty much the only "Up and Comer" in that division.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

This why content may not be so encouraged in The Dugout

5. Brandon S.

Whys that?

6. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I know pretty pathetic right. Look out though, A's are getting stronger and we got new blood in Anaheim. We will be back..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

I use to have prospects but they died.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

upload_2013-8-6_17-18-54.png

A few other names provided by statslab..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brandon S.

Forgot about my CF Nate Lewis. Hes injured, but rookie All Star. Not a 5 star but a very good player.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Where is this report?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

lets see if some D-Rays can get on this list next year. Rafael Cruz coming at ya! =-)

12. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

History -> click AL or NL for whatever year you want -> bottom of next screen