Who's Next- 2022 National League Edition

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Aug 6, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Most of us are familiar with the studs across the National League, both the well known grizzled vets (Teaheran, Yelich, Chapman) and the youngsters who have made a name for themselves the last few years (Lopez, Parrish, "Liberty").

I thought I would take a look at the youngsters who are just now making the scene in the Majors and should be some of the best players for the next 7-10 years.

[​IMG]

C Steve Long (St. Louis)- 26 year old Catcher has presevered being rushed through the system and with a very durable injury trait looks like he is poised to be the top catcher in the National League. Not much in the way of defense.

[​IMG]

SS Don "Skoonj" McMillan (Colorado)- The next wave of great shortstops is upon us, and McMillan is one of the best up and coming players. Most players go through a bit of a Sophomore slump, but McMillan is tearing the cover off the ball in Colorado. Although he was rushed through the system as well, he looks like he is still going to have a long career ahead of him

[​IMG]

LF Ramon Diaz (Colorado)- Another masher for the Rockies, Diaz is another 5 tool player in the league and a good one at that. This is his 3rd season in the bigs and currently has a 3.5 WAR and on pace for a 30/30 season.

[​IMG]

LF Jarred Clewes (Atlanta)- Prototypical leadoff hitter with excellent defense. With some real hitters behind him can easily score 120+ runs per season.

[​IMG]

LF Zachary Rigbye (San Francisco)- The 2021 Rookie of the Year is a big time power hitter. Although he won't hit much for average, his power is off the charts. Should be a stud for years to come

[​IMG]

CF Wesley Washington (Philadelphia)- Washington is finally starting to find his groove. A late developer, he looks like he will join the crop of top Center Fielders in the National League.

[​IMG]

SP Carter "Grumpy" Hamilton (San Diego)- The #2 overall pick in the 2020 Amateur Draft is already in the Majors and having an excellent year. He has a no-hitter on his resume from his minor league days and will be one of the best pitchers in the league for years.

[​IMG]

SP Carl "The Grey Eagle" O'Lonergan (San Francisco)- Seems like this kid was drafted so long ago, but yet it was only 2019 when he was drafted. Could he have spent some more time in the minors? Perhaps and we will have to take a wait and see approach with him. He has all the talent to make it, but will he live up to the talent?

• Like Like x 11
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Nice piece Jesse.

@HAL9100 keeps producing talent like McMillan but somehow can't win that division?/!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The whole getting a hitter behind Clewes part is funny. You know we don't score runs in Atlanta!! But hopefully that will be changing over the next couple of years. I've groomed some guys who can get on, just need the power behind them.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Someone trade me one of these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I think this speaks pretty well to my issue.

stats.png

This is actually the first season I wasn't 15th for bullpen ERA too. Only took spending about 30-40% of my budget on my bullpen to do that too. Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to really compete for top of the line starters in the offseason and everyone goes SP crazy in the draft leaving me to draft the best hitter in the draft....aka McMillan.

Also, I can understand him not being on this list because he's about to come off of a big injury from 12 months ago, but I do have Ramon Ramos about to return. I've always compared him to O'Lonergan since I was deciding between them both in the draft and then the Giants took O'Lonergan in the spot right after I took Ramos. Ramos is 2 years younger, already has almost a full year under his belt, and is also already a 4.5 star at just 23 years old. Just need to hope he doesn't drop off after the injury.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

7. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I wish I had a humidor option in the settings.

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Lol

10. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

So who wants to be THAT guy that tells @PAgamer07 its Edition not Addition.... Good stuff though.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Banned

• Like Like x 1
  12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I want my player avatars to rock the throwbacks! Major League Willie Mays Hayes style!

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I don't believe you're familiar with the #banhammer

• Like Like x 1
  14. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The MLB Gods feel bad for my inability to win games, so they hooked me up.

15. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

well done Jesse

16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I will say this @PAgamer07 you were right about Carlos Gonzalez when you traded him to me. The guy is a monster!

17. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I didn't know Cargo Part Deux was a traded to you and he also sent Dave Harris to Baltimore... I thought @PAgamer07 has played this game before???

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

He has but he never said he was good at it.....

• Like Like x 2