Whos ready for a debate?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Whos ready for a debate?

League restart after patch.

I do not think anyone can argue the fact that what we have seen so far through 2 weeks of gameplay, is as far from SIM as we have seen it here. Scores are through the roof, injuries are out of control, stats are beginning to become god-like.

IMO, this will taint our entire first season. Ala the steroid era in baseball OMFL Season 1 Madden 11 will forever be marked with an asterisk, when WRs and QBs absolutely crush records. We have WRs racking up yardage in the air faster than AP on the ground.

I know some will say, "Heh, hes 0-2, of course he wants a restart." That couldnt be farther from the truth. I knew going in, the Lions are a project and I am prepared to put the work in. But guys, this is turning comical, it really is.

Im praying the patch fixes some of whats wrong and the game gets better but I think serious damage has been already done to the integrity of our league.

Agreed, this has little or no shot of becoming reality but I think we should at least skirt the subject.

I am also aware that extreme player movement has occurred and I do not have an answer on how to handle that. But it is something that could be handled in one of two ways.

Probably, way, way asking the impossible here but again I believe it deserves some discussion no matter how short and sweet.

Thoughts?

Let the profanities fly!!!!!

2. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

No debate here, it will never pass though(a restart) but the game is currently awful and not fun at all.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am, as of now, totally against a restart for the simple fact its not as simple as you think. Its a totally different roster which means EVERYTHING, cap books, trades, fas, EVERYTHING has to be restarted. Ill take the inflated stats for 2 weeks and roll on. IMO this patch is one part but the 2nd patch isn't due out for 2-4 more weeks and the game may still be flawed. No way, imo, that we can restart.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I have to agree with Nate here. . .I cannot vote for a restart.

1) Stats/Scores are inflated. However, look back to season 1 last version. . .exact same thing was happening with Mustang putting up 50-70 points per game. Remember that debate?

2) I have pounded this forever, but I do not think injuries are that far off base. Don't take my word for it. . .next time you are on PS3, so to the injury reports online. There are maybe 5 guys or so in the entire league who are injured for longer than 3 weeks. Furthermore the vast majority of teams have one or NO injuries. And the injuries teams do have are usually 1-3 weeks. . .basically in the same category as questionable/doubful that we see constantly on real NFL injury reports.

3) Kicking sucks. . .however I think we just need practice for this brand new system. Sammy and I made all of our kicks yesterday, which included a 58 yarder with a hellacious side wind!

4) This is pretty self centered, but I have had no problem playing defense in this game. . .I honestly don't get the issues people are having. Maybe they are relying on old habits (speed and zones) way too much....I dunno. But this locomotion fits my defensive style pretty darn well and I like it.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I would be fine with it either way. I am missing some young players on the Rams and some increased overall for a few players I would love to have no doubt about that.

My thoughts are that if the patch fixes the game now we are better off continuing on and not starting over...we have some bigtime stats for a couple weeks...by the end of the season it wont matter.

The game is seriously flawed right now and isnt much fun to play...I am being honest...

I hope that the patch fixes our issues and adjusts the game so its fun to play, it has some serious potential to be a great game.

6. Jeremy

All great points guys.

A restart probably isnt feasible but I thought it deserved discussion.

7. natedawg212000

No I am glad you did, I want everyone to feel free to bring up valid points. I am enjoying the game and I don't feel its flawed, I feel its new and people had way too high of expectations. I loved last year from the moment i had it and i like this year.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

restarting would be too much work. The only benefits would be rosters. the patch will take affect on existing franchises so we may just have ridiculous stats for week 1 and 2.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I have to agree with the others while completely understanding your point, Jeremy. We cannot do a restart.

All we can do right now is HOPE that these patches fix up the game and make it fun for those who are not having fun.

I, honestly, am one of those right now. I can barely keep up with you guys on All-Pro when defenses are tuned down. On All-Madden I get a distinct feeling I'll be humiliated on a regular basis.

I'm hoping, like everyone, that the patches fix the problem with difficulties. As far as injuries though, I like the amount of injuries. It makes you have to get depth at all positions and find value on players where you can. And this comes from someone who has their star LB on the injury list for 2 weeks.

I like the locomotion and the run blocking AI. However, I don't like the block shedding on All Madden difficulty.

10. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I agree with Emmdot... the patch will fix the whole game including franchise play. The only thing we will be missing is a few players and a little different ratings.

11. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

No restart no way

12. Jeremy

Through Week 2 with a 3-4 games played in Week 3.

If first patch doesnt address this, I dont know what to think.

Waiting for the first career ender.

Whats up with the weak collarbones?

Injuries

ATLANTA
    Babineaux, Jonathan DT Dislocated Elbow 1 Wk

ZONA
    Haggans, Clark LOLB Fractured Toe 6 Wks
    Wilson, Adrian SS Dislocated Hip 7 Wks
    Dockett, Darnell RE Broken Collarbone 5 Wks
    Beckum, Travis TE Torn Quadricep 4 Wks
    Rhodes, Kerry FS Meniscus Tear 3 Wks

RAVENS
    Heap, Todd TE Dislocated Elbow 1 Wk
    Suggs, Terrell ROLB Dislocated Elbow 2 Wks

BILLS
    Posluszny, Paul MLB Broken Jaw 1 Wk

Panthers
    Johnson, Charles LE Partial PCL Tear 5 Wks

BEARS
    Roach, Nick LOLB Partial MCL Tear 5 Wks

BROWNS
    Benard, Marcus LOLB Broken Jaw 1 Wk
    Massaquoi, Mohamed WR Broken Collarbone 8 Wks

COWBOYS
    Lee, Sean MLB Dislocated Elbow 2 Wks
    Wright, Major FS Broken Collarbone 10 Wks
    Crayton, Patrick WR Herniated Disk 7 Wks

BRONCOS
    Dumervil, Elvis ROLB Broken Thumb 1 Wk

LIONS
    Crowell, Angelo ROLB Broken Collarbone 7 Wks

TEXANS
    Smith, Antonio LE Broken Collarbone 5 Wks

COLTS
    Clark, Dallas TE Torn Bicep 7 Wks
    Brackett, Gary MLB Broken Hand 10 Wks

JAGUARS
    Williamson, Troy WR Abdominal Tear 2 Wks

CHIEFS
    Johnson, Derrick MLB Broken Collarbone 7 Wks

DOLPHINS
    Odrick, Jared RE Broken Collarbone 10 Wks
    Misi, Koa ROLB Broken Collarbone 5 Wks
    James, Brandon WR Torn Shoulder Labrum 3 Wks
    Langford, Kendall LE Compound Stress Fracture Season

VIKES
    Williams, Pat DT Fractured Foot 6 Wks
    Griffin, Cedric CB Broken Collarbone 4 Wks

SAINTS
    Stinchcomb, Jon RT Partial ACL Tear Season
    Hargrove, Tony DT Dislocated Kneecap 2 Wks
    Greer, Jabari CB Partial ACL Tear 10 Wks
    Evans, Jahri RG Torn Quadricep 11 Wks

JETS
    Thomas, Bryan LOLB Torn Quadricep 8 Wks
    Harris, David MLB Broken Collarbone 8 Wks

RAIDERS
    Seymour, Richard LE Broken Ribs 2 Wks
    Routt, Stanford CB Broken Collarbone 5 Wks

BUCS
    Stroughter, Sammie WR Broken Collarbone 5 Wks
    Williams, Carnell HB Herniated Disk 9 Wks
    Hayes, Geno ROLB Broken Ribs 1 Wk

TITANS
    Johnson, Chris HB Abdominal Tear 1 Wk

SKINS
    Rabach, Casey C Abdominal Tear 3 Wks
    Orakpo, Brian LOLB Broken Ribs 1 Wk

13. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sorry that I have not been around guys. I have been sick since Wednesday and literally couldnt stay out of bed longer than 15 mins. I dont know if we can restart, but I wouldnt be against it. I am not enjoying this version of Madden at all right now. I have already suffered major injuries that will affect my season. I also can no stand the game play right now. I have a pretty good defense and my last game I gave up 500 passing yards. That is horrible. Also I see games where owners are combining for 80-100 pts. That is awful.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

As far as injuries go, I am going to continue to beat this drum. . .

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/09000d5d8028317b/article/fantasy-injury-report-week-3

That is the injury report from the same time last year in the real NFL. Seems that there are MORE injuries in the real NFL than we are seeing here.

I think we are just used to absouletely NO injuries basically in Madden. I played 3 seasons in the OMFL last year and I litearlly only had one injury the entire time. . . a 2 week injury for MJD. ONE INJURY!!!! That was horribly unrealistic.

Currently, maybe our injuries are a bit high, but if they are its not by much. . and I find this much more realistic. If that comparison doesnt tell the story then I dont know what will.

15. Jeremy

Apples to oranges.

Your list is mostly made up of players that are questionable and probable,most of which would have played.

There is no middle ground for us, they are OUT. There is no more shady area.The injury aspect of this game is severly broken. Ive only lost 1 player to injury, so I have no agenda. It is what it is.

If injuries keep this pace, by Week 10 its gonna be even more ridiculous than it is now.
    Owners are going to mentally give up on their teams. They might not physically quit the league but the effort will drop. I am hearing it already.

Solution?

Just hope the EA tunes the injuries down with the patch & hope this patch comes before teams get torn apart.

16. Big D

Big D Walk On

I do agree that for a video game, I can see the issue that owners wouldnt like losing guys they have fun playing with. I definately get your point 100%.

However, injuries are MUCH more realistic and closely aligned to the NFL in this game than they ever have been in the past. That is all I am saying. I remember two years ago, the Seahawks by Week 2 had lost:

-Hasselbeck
    -Walter Jones
    -Sean Locklear
    -Lofa Tatupu
    -LeRoy Hill
    -Marcus Trufant

. . .all on injuries for multiple games, some for the entire year. All star players. Just saying it does happen in the real NFL. Let's not get mad at EA. They actually made this part realistic I think.

17. Big D

Big D Walk On

Also not really true tho. . .

On that list, after week 2 there were 39 players that are listed as OUT, which means they are out (not questionable or probable).

After week 2 in the OMFL there are 43 players who are OUT.

39 to 43. . .thats really in the ballpark of realism I think.

Here's what I think is happening. This isn't real life. We have the option of turning off injuries, or getting EA to make them occur less frequently. Thats why people are in an outrage. Don't you think in real life, if there was a way to 'turn off' injuries for your favorite team, you'd be extremely disappointed/pissed when a few of your players go down for the long haul. You'd be writing nasty letters to Roger Goodell telling him to 'TURN OFF' injuries in the NFL because they happen too much.

39-43....thats close guys. Don't know what other evidence I can present to persuade you on this.

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

My biggest beef with injuries is not the frequency of them, nor even the severity of them. But couldn't they do better than have 12 or 13 broken collarbones? Different things?

19. natedawg212000

3 major injuries to starters, all major and almost all season. I am not complaining. Does it suck? heck ya. Is it part of the game? yep, i adjust and roll with it.

20. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

My issue isnt just the injuries. I am right now in the middle of my game with the Browns. I am already down Heap and Suggs. Ray Lewis was just carted off the field and Ngata had to leave with injury. My major issue is that this game just sucks IMO. All 3 games there has been zero defense. I lost alot in Madden 10, but damn atleast it was fun. This is horrible. Colt Mccoy right now has about 200 yds passing. Colt McCoy! I dont even get to use Ray Rice because I have to be in a shoot out ever damn game. Any time someone calls a blitz.......ghaaa. I dont know how to explain. Probably would be different if I didnt have NCAA and love that game play, but just not fun for me. Annnnd there goes Gaither to injury. Great.

21. Jeremy

It has moved past pathetic to just laughable.