Who's Staying who's Going ...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Black Republican, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

PHilly's PHuture !!
    Quarterback : Nick Foles is staying in Philadelphia after signing a 5 year deal worth 14.4M per year 40% of that being bonus money.
    foles.jpg
    Nick was the team's #1 priority and will now turn their attention, next up M. Kendricks and F. Cox!!

MLB : Mychal Kendricks resigns to a 18.5M dollar deal over 4 years!
    LE : Fletcher Cox resigns to a 20M dollar contract over 4 years!
    FB/TE James Casey resigned w/the team today for 3 years collecting 7.2M!

*subscribed / will edit to update...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

The Colts are very happy with the future after today, re-signing their top 3 expiring contracts:

QB Andrew Luck : Resigned to a 4-year deal at just under $14 million/season. Lots of guaranteed money for our QB of the future.
    WR TY Hilton: Resigned to a 4-year deal at about $5.2 million/season. Half of it's guaranteed, and we're very happy with the price.
    OLB Robert Mathis: Wasn't sure if we'd resign, but we did at 2 years at just under $8 million/season.
    HB Vic Ballard: 75 overall, signed to a 4 year contract for under $1 million/season.

This still leaves us with $37 million in cap space next year. We may be interested in re-signing TE Dwayne Allen, HB Trent Richardson, and WR Anquan Boldin after the year. The O-Line is till the weak point on this team and we'll look to improve in the draft. Almost none of our defensive contracts will be up this year.

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders squad mostly locked up for a couple years.

Notable pending Free agents:

Lt Donald Penn - With the acquisition of Castanzo, resigning a 32 year old LT not likely, he will move over to RT this year and let go after season.

DE Justin Tuck - Same with Penn - While produced last season, not likely signing a long term deal for a 32 year old DE. Play out his contract and let go

DE Lamarr Woodly - Rinse and Repeat - see explanation above

DT Antonio Smith - deja vu? see explanation above

Letting all four go opens up $22 million dollars in salary next season.

4. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Panthers resigned:
    Luke Keuchly to a 5 year deal. Luke was our top priority going into the season and it's good to get him done.

Mike Tolbert to a 3 year deal. Wasn't going to but the asking price was low enough I pulled the trigger.

Brian Nortman to a 3 year deal. He punts.

On the fence:
    Thomas Davis- he wants 3 years, I'm not giving him more than one. Will try again with another one year deal, if it seems like he isn't going for it, it's tag or bust for the 32 year old olb.

Olsen wants stupid money for his age. No way I'm paying a 30 year old tight end 5 million a year for four years. Might try and offer a one or two year deal or let him walk

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

The Broncos made fast work in resigning everyone they plan to have back next season.

Brock Osweiler signed a 4 yr deal worth 20.4. We have every intention on Brock taking over the reigns for Manning so he was the #1 priority.

Ronnie Hillman signed a 3yr deal worth 2.55. We like hillman, but this may have have been a bad signing as were going to be moving Ashley over and he'll probably be 4th on the DC.

Derek Wolfe signed a 2 yr deal worth 2.62 Wolfe comes in a really good price for a solid backup in our 3-4 scheme. may even fight for a starting spot next season.

Malik Jackson signed a 3 yr deal worth 2.55. If i thought wolfe was a good price Jackson comes in at a steal. Will fight with wolfe for that starting spot held by carriker if the regression hits to hard.

Danny Trevathan signed a 4 yr deal worth 14.0. We like this deal as we have a high regard for Danny's talent and playmaking ability.

Players on the Go
    Matt Prater- just can sign a kicker to 4 million a yr even if he can kick it to the moon.
    Chris Clark- will wait to see how far he regresses.
    Manny Ramirez-going to be 33 so manny can just be manny for someone else.
    David Bruton- we will talk it out after the season
    C.J Anderson- to many hb's in front of him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The Bills made two huge re-signings this week in a season that could prove crucial for the future of the organization.

Most importantly, DT Marcel Dareus, who took a franchise tag this season, was finally able to agree on a long term deal to anchor the Buffalo defense.

CB Stephon Gilmore, Buffalo's other young defensive star, signed a 4 year deal to keep him around for a while

There are still big decision to be made, including young superstar LT Cordy Glenn (92 OVR, 25 Years). Also, all three RB's on the roster; CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and Bryce Brown have expiring contracts. Expect one of these runners to be signed to a short term deal while the other two are allowed to walk.
    OLB's Keith Rivers and Nigel Bradham are competing not only for playing time right now but also to see who the team will keep moving forward.

7. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Breaking News
    The Bills have come to terms with LT Cordy Glenn on a 5 Year, 42.9M contract with 17.1M guaranteed. This caps a huge re-signing week in Buffalo who are extremely happy to keep 3 young stalwarts on a team unlikely to attract big time free agents.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Steelers signed MLB Lawrence Timmons to a 5 year extension. Him and Shazier will be playing together for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Jags Resign Justin Blackmon.

10. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Signed Weddle to a huge 5 year deal! He earned it. The guy is just clutch.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Black Republican

DE - Vinny Curry will be hitting the streets this off season. Vinny & the Eagles could not agree on terms and scheme fits for his dollar value. Vinny will provide a 4-3 team with a very versatile speed/finesse pass rusher!

12. mboda

mboda Walk On

Doesn't look like too many big names are hitting free agency this year. :doodie:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Peyton Manning .. just saying

14. nellycuz

Big Ben will be I'm pretty sure..

15. nellycuz

He wants 16 mil per year...psssshhh

16. Black Republican

With his cnf so low I bet Brady an manning both retire this year.

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wait conf causes players to retire

18. Black Republican

I read it effects older players.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hope Kaep doesn't retire on me. Doubt it but who knows the way the seasons gone

20. Black Republican

Nah he's way too young

21. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Rivers was just notified that he will not be getting a contract extension... The Chargers are moving forward without him... He will be hitting free agency this off-season.

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Free Agency this year:
    QB 83 OVR
    QB 83 OVR
    QB 82 OVR
    QB 81 OVR
    QB 81 OVR
    QB 80 OVR
    QB 80 OVR
    QB 79 OVR
    QB 78 OVR
    QB 77 OVR
    WR 81 OVR
    that's it, nobody else :)

23. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

But really, if all these teams can afford to pay just about anyone we want, we might want to think about lowering our salary cap by $5-15 million per year. Or maybe $2-3 million per season for the next 6-8 years

24. charter04

charter04 Walk On

How often is a franchise QB a FA in real life? Manning was only available because of his neck.

• Like Like x 1
  25. charter04

charter04 Walk On

That's why the draft is so important

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1