Who's Your Guy???

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jun 15, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I know we don't have rosters in hand yet from EA, but I know that hasn't stopped anyone from doing their due dilligence on their teams and figuring out who their star player(s) are going to be. So I ask:

Who's the guy(s) you're looking forward to having on your roster the most for year 1?

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Clearly Wisconsin's running back tandem of James White and Montee Ball. White had double digit touchdowns and 1000 yards last year, while Ball had 18 touchdowns and 996 yards. Should be fun.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Sadly, there's no one on Utah with whom I'm looking forward to playing.

4. GoGators

[​IMG]

Dan Persa! Unfortunately he's a senior and I'll miss most of season 1 though, otherwise he'd be a heisman contender!

5. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Alshon Jeffery and Marcus Lattimore. Both should be VERY good and anxiously waiting to see how they rate Clowney coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

@GoGators why will you miss most of season 1???

7. GoGators

I'm getting married and will be consumed with that and the honeymoon from July 25th - August 15th.

8. jello1717

I have 1 glimmer of hope for my team. Their returning QBs (according to the '11 rosters) are:
    Player type YR(in '12) OVR SPD ACC AGI AWR THP THA
    Jordan Wynn scrambler JR 88 88 70 77 84 85 86
    Griff Robles Pocket JR 75 60 70 55 59 87 85

Wynn is too slow to be my QB (with the 70 ACC) as it is, but if you look @ his stats in his 1st 2 years he has 1 rushing yard on 41 carries (-11 yds on 18 carries last year)! This means if EA is doing their homework, he'll likely become even slower.

On the bright side, Griff Robles was actually a FR last year, despite EA listing him as a SO. Also, despite only throwing 1 pass last year (since Wynn's the starter) he gained 124 yards on 17 carries (7.3 avg) so hopefully EA will move him back to the correct class, remove the pocket passer status, and give him some wheels. If so, maybe he'll be able to bridge the gap until I can get a real QB on my team. Rivals has him listed as a pro style QB, so it's not likely, but I'm going to hope anyway.

9. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

congrats....

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Juron Criner and Nick Foles will be the best tandum in the Pac-12, maybe the nation! Juron is a specimen and will be able to go up for the jump ball easy like. Foles is a pin point passer in '11 itself so can't wait to see him in '12!

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Really looking forward to the HB trio of Edwin Baker, LeVeon Bell, and Larry Caper.

Last year Bell was not even in the game and he gained 600 yards on the ground as a true freshman. The Sophomore Baker was horribly underrated last year as well, I think he was only like 88 Ovr by the time he graduated.

[​IMG]

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Get Larry Caper back in the scene would ya...I was kind of ticked he didn't see alot of PT last year

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's pretty obvious I'm looking forward to Andrew Luck but from the looks of it the receiving core and even the HB look to have some skills. I haven't looked closely at the defense yet either.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Caper broke his hand right before the season started so his playing time went to LeVeon, who went on to become a freshman sensation before he got hurt too. Caper got relegated to the 3rd down back after that. I would expect him to get some more PT this season, but it's going to be hard with so much talent back there. There is almost too much talent at the skill positions this season.

Another guy I'm hoping to use a lot more in '12 is WR Keith Nichol. Last year he moved from WR to QB and EA completely botched it. Not only did they forget to switch Keith to WR, they mistook him for his brother (a walk-on QB named Kyle Nichol) so Keith wasn't even on the roster and had to be created.

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You're receiving corp is nasty. And same with your runningback. When Arizona played Stanford it was a long night...

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I don't think we'll see the first patch until August 15th, which is when season-1 will commence, correct?

17. jello1717

I certainly hope we don't wait over a month to start up.

EDIT:
    I just checked the results from '11 and see that I played my first game in this OD on 26July.

18. GoGators

I wouldn't think we'd wait until August 15th to kickoff the season. I'd rather see us kickoff by the first weekend the game comes out (July 18th), aka, as soon as a named roster is out. We can't let days go to waste if we want to get 10+ seasons in!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Knile Davis, or my WR core. Ark has Childs, Adams and Wright all coming back which is a plus. By the looks of it they have a pretty good set of WR's coming behind those 3 too.

I am more excited about Knile Davis, hopefully they have him rated close to what he is on the roster file I have. 6'-220lbs with 94 speed and acceleration on the file.

I think Ark has a Texas pipeline because while I was looking at their roster on rivals.com, they are LOADED with players from TX.

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yup I just checked it, they have pipelines in AR, TX, LA, GA, and FL. Those are pretty damn good pipelines to have.

21. dakota7

After all the discussion we had on team selection, you came away smelling pretty damn good, IMO. Arkansas is top 15 preseason and has some good pipelines. Now, just don't screw it up! Lol

22. dakota7

Of course, those comments can be applied to Wisconsin too. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones I guess.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I thought it was people who live in glass houses sink ships! (Boondock Saints reference)

24. jello1717

While I won't have pipelines like that, I suppose it could be worse for me. I'll have Utah (which is just about worthless, and in my 2 simmed seasons none of the good guys from Utah liked my school anyway) but I'll also have Texas and California. Sadly I'm a long ways from my other favorite pipelines of FL, LA, OH, and PA.

25. dakota7

Wisconsin has Ohio and Florida, so we'll handle those for ya.