Why all the restarts?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jello1717, Sep 19, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Why all the restarts?

Obviously I'm the new guy in this league so I don't know what went down last season, but were there a ton of restarts last season as well? There were 2 CPU restarts this week (not counting of course the user v. user restarts) which sounds like a whole lot to me. In my other 2 ODs, in which I played the entire 1st season, I think there were a total of 3 CPU restarts combined the entire season and 1 of those caused the user to have the hammer dropped on him because of it (he lost the right to sign :4stars: and :5stars: for the rest of the season, had to bury the #1 recruit in the country that he signed on his depth chart for 2 years which will likely cause him to transfer, had to vacate his bowl win, and lost the right to sign any bonus recruits).

Are restarts a normal thing in this league?

Are there repercussions due to restarts in this league or can I just say my dog ate my homework and get away with it (or my wife knocked out the cord while she was vacuuming)?

Was this week an abnormal week for this league?

I'm asking these questions out of genuine curiosity because, clearly, I have no idea since I'm new here. In my other leagues, CPU restarts are (obviously) taken extremely seriously, but I have no idea what the tone is in this league. I'm also not trying to call anyone out (even though it probably seems like it with me bringing up the vacuuming excuse). I'm just trying to get brought up to speed as this is completely different that what I've experienced through 30 combined weeks so far in other ODs.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Considering Ive had no other restarts, Im guessing my game really did freeze at kickoff. If you're still skeptical, I dont know what to say.

3. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Yeah, too many CPU restars. I don't doubt any of you guys but I'm gonna layout a detailed procedure for dealing with these restarts. The rules say no restarts period. But that is as vauge as it gets. I will come up with something.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It's total BS if you ask me...in most cases. I believe Beazus though. He's about as straight up as it gets. The vacuum restart against #3 OU which was won the second time around in close fashion is suspect. Sorry, no disrespect, but that was really, really, convenient. I've played about 100 games in tradition football and had 1 restart due to a power outage from a very strong Florida storm. I took a picture of my back yard flooded and my completely dark living room as proof and posted it for everyone to see. Just saying...

5. jello1717

This is why I kept making it a point to point out that I was the new guy here so I don't know anyone's history. That's why I was asking what it was like last season. Since I wasn't here last season, obviously I wouldn't know that you've never had a restart before.

6. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Best I can tell there were 2 CPU restarts. And also a user estart, which was my and Killa's game. The CPU restarts are the ones I am concernd with. So here is the rule: This is all mine so most of you are not gonna like it, but it is the rule anyway. I will list the 3 top rated players for each team. When you have a game restart, the next week, all 3 of your top players are suspended. Second offense: they are suspended for te next 2 weeks. 3rd offense-you are out of the league. I think this is fair so don't start whinning about it. We have to have some kins of system, this is what I came up with. This will not apply to the CPU restarts this week since the rule wasn't in place before the week started. I think we have a strong league so I am not questioning anyone's integrity. We just have to have rules.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree. What if you can prove it's legit like my power outage? Could we let something like that slide?

8. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

If you have NCAA installed to your hard drive, I don't think you should have many restarts but some things do happen. I just find it hard to believe that many things happen all at once and multiple times in a season or league. I think people should be posting immediately the moment a restart occurs. You should state that you had a restart for the following reason. This is pretty standard in other leagues. I do think that the restart rule is a little harsh because like I said things happen. I was playing Ole Miss last season and thought I was going to lose power during a downpour. I don't think you can say every restart is on purpose and therefore every restart should not be punished. Multiple offenses and crappy reasons for restarts should be.

9. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

my reason is what it is. its what happened! im a grown man, not gonna make up shit cus of a loss! this is the 2nd time around, its not like i jus always have restarts, shit jus happened how it did. i was mad about it for this exact situation. And just because i won how is that convient for me? I coulda won the 1st time around. Im all for the rule at the end of the day. if it occurs again then u have every right to feel the way u want to about the situation. But damn 1 restart in 2 seasons and its all of a sudden fishy? There is technically no real excuse somebody could make that will make u believe it. So jus say if it happens more than once you get the suspension. And as far as user vs user games go... cus this shit happened to me more than once.... (and always happens in fishy situations.... If a game is in progress and suddenly disconnects after turnovers and it seems obvious, i think the person should have the right to continue game vs cpu. Cus people have done this to me multiple times and tried to ask me what happened like they didnt know what happened even tho they jus threw a pick or fumbled and it was a game changing play!

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

he really did show us a picture :D

11. jello1717

Heh! It's windy as hell here right now and I just had my power blink out for 1 second, which was long enough to shut off all of my electronics.

I'm glad I wasn't playing a game when that happened or I would've looked like a real douche!

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

LOL.....whose to say you don't anyways???? j/k