Why Did It Happen?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 30, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Why Did It Happen?

Use this for a chance to talk about topics relating to real CFB & our dynasty. For instance, if somebody gets beat, like I did last night, you can say, how did you lose?

No questions like, why was cimmy born?

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Ok why did you lose?

I will play my game as soon as I get home today should be done by 2:00 p.m. est

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Q: With Pittman having such a successful season last year wearing #5, when you asked him to wear #27 do you think it gave him bad luck in a game where he only rushed for 74 yards off of 22 carries?

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

But that is the million dollar question. I don't know if I can go on without knowing the answer.

Back to topic, in what was a big early season matchup, how did Pittman get shut down, and what does this do for his Heisman hopes?

Mike

5. controllerabuser

Reason why we lost: Pittman was contained by a decent defense that blitzed every down it seemed like. I got no protection, so I couldn't run anything too complex.

I think if Pittman bounces back he will definitely be in running for the Heisman. It wasn't a horrible game. He still managed to get 74 yards and a touchdown. He does go up against two mediocre teams in the next 2 weeks.

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

How is your QB play right now? Can your QB help take the pressure off of Pittman and the running game or is your O-Line just not giving you any time?

7. controllerabuser

I think it is a combination of the O-Line not being able to block good enough and that I have so many weapons now I don't know what to do. I should have scheduled the Cincinnati game in the 3rd week instead of the 1st week. Kind of tough to roll with something you aren't used to. The QB has a decent set of skills. One thing, he is better than Weber with his legs. Which should ultimately make things even worse for the defense.

Also, I didn't post this earlier but I had a 4th and 2 situation early in the 4th. Instead of kicking a for sure FG to tie the game at 20, I opted to go for it. Pittman was stuffed up the middle. That is when the game completely turned momentum over to the Bearcats.

8. controllerabuser

Jvigourous1- How do you plan on bringing this 0-2 Cal team to a higher level of play?

With UCLA's big win over the Oregon Ducks, things are pretty open in the Pac Ten. Who do you see causing USC the most problems?

9. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Cal is certainly in a bad position this year, currently tied in last place with Oregon State but plans to use an effective combination of power running with the Senior RB Shane Vereen (96ovr) and a bruising defense led by Senior MLB DJ Holt. The Golden Bears will be taking this season 1 game at a time.

As for USC.... The Trojans are known for consistently bringing the nation's top recruits to this school. Right now it seems to be paying off big with five (99ovr) seniors. Having a relatively easy opening schedule I believe the Trojans will have their greatest difficulties in mid and late seasons playing against Notre Dame and Oregon.

10. controllerabuser

Thank you for posting brother! I think you are going to be a great addition!