Why Florida has been so good

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Diddy81, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Why Florida has been so good

These two stats alone explain it.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Turnovers Committed Since 2005 Games with Zero Giveaways Since 2005
    1 Florida 81 1 Florida 23
    2 Alabama 83 2 West Virginia 22
    Central Michigan 83 3 Buffalo 19
    4 Air Force 85 4 Notre Dame 18
    5 Ball State 87 5 Ball St 17
    6 Memphis 16

Taken from Phil Steele. Com

People can say what they want about Urban Meyer and no he is not perfect and Florida's program has it's flaws. He has delivered in his Plan to Win about winning the TO battle and it has paid off.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Love that WVU is up there as well in the 0 giveaways category.

Now, if only we could get into the other category, we might go somewhere.

3. BAMAJD

BAMAJD Killuminati

I think Meyer is a good coach. But Addazio is an idiot, if someone else was calling the plays then I could see Florida possibly winning it all this year. And how fast the freshman can develop.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Addazio is inept and I'm hoping he can come into his own. I still wonder why he went with Addazio over Gonzalez as OC.

5. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Good stuff sdid. I agree turnover margin is HUGE when it comes to winning the big games.

As far as Addazio goes, I mean isn't he a figure head more than anything else? Urban developed the system so I assumed he was the one running the show.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

IMO, it's because Addazio was more mature than Gonzalez and it's easier to be an OC as an O-line coach than a WR coach. You understand the gameplan better from an O-line perspective.

I think Addazio completely lacks creativity in his playcalling, especially in the spread. (For crying out loud, our first play of the SECCG was the shovel pass to Hernandez that Saban probably made the defense watch 300x per day. Who the hell did he think he was going to fool?) Anyways, I think with Brantley under center this year we'll have a slightly more traditional offense and that could work in Addazio's favor.

The plan to win is great and has been executed very well, which is truly saying something with those stats considering you play against very talented SEC defenses.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    When has Meyer run anything approaching a "traditional" offense? :)

8. Tyght_Work

Tyght_Work Walk On

His 1st season in florida, with Leak.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

He let's addazio do his thing. Does he have some say so if he wants a play ran ? Of course.

Great Points man. Makes sense. The two stats I didn't list are lowest punt return yards allowed and the second best redzone defense over roughly the same period of time. That brings the Plan to Win full circle.

Somewhat

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I think you will see a offense much like The Gators ran with Leak. Brantley will be the passer and Burton the runner. Maybe Urban needs to take over playcalling duties much like some of the big offensive head coaches do.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Still don't understand why he didn't run Leak only in the Shotgun. I hear he was one of the best "shotgun" quarterbacks that college football really never got to see. Amazingly, Meyer never ran his offense to fit Leak's skills but did for Tebow....

Source(s): Friend went to highschool with Leak in Carolina. I played in a NCAA '10 OD with Reynaldo Hill (and alot of Pahokee dudes) and we talked football alot. Most of 'em play for big D-1 schools

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It was just a matter IMO that Leak was not Urban's guy. I liked Leak's skill set alot.

13. BAMAJD

BAMAJD Killuminati

Yeah, I liked Leak as well.