Why I Love Power Backs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Jan 4, 2012.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Check out the vids from my BC game. I have a power back named Gabe Riley, and he busts a 25 yard TD in which he completely destroys the final tackler, who I think is a safety. Blows him up and take him into the end zone. Love it. Took a nice pic of the pained expression on the defender's face.

Also, and the reason why I dig pocket passers, in the other vid, I managed to drop a 63 yard bomb (probably 55 or so in the air) against single coverage on the outside. It's a beauty.

Now that's how I like to play football. None of that spread option sillyness for me.

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

LOL,

I see how it is Dude gotta take pop shots at us spread teams huh? That is alright, when I want to I know I can easily get back under center and make life hell for just about anyone. Unless it is a week 1 user game that is.

BTW can anyone check the wire to see if my game from last night uploaded? I had 5 sweet highlights including a touchdown by the reigning Bednarik winner who started the game with 3 tackles for a loss, and a sack on the first three plays from scrimmage. Quarles was in BEAST mode. However, the game got stuck uploading the third highlight.

I had a 98 yard touchdown run by my sophomore 5 star RB Marcus Harris on a zone read play.

3. The Dude

I actually scored two TDs on shotgun run plays in this one. My only back with real speed is my third string guy, so I play him in a couple sets. I just like it best when I completely blow someone up. That might be my favorite play of this season so far.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I agree too running from under center can be alot of fun. My favorite rushing touchdown this year came against bdub when we broke a "slide to motion" counter back the other way. It was a great looking play that I rarely pull out because it has to be set up just so. But when it broke it was a thing of beauty, and in that hotly contested game it was a HUGE difference.

5. The Dude

Here's a pic of the defender's pain. Brings me joy.

Riley.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Check out the highlights from my Florida game. My qb took in a triple option from about 25 yards out. The option game is a thing of beauty when you make the right reads and your players execute.

7. The Dude

I like to use the triple from the I (especially when I can go dual HB with a power back in the FB spot) but my QB has a sub-60 speed rating, which is like watching a guy run in mud. The next guy up is balanced, and has speed/agi/acc ratings in the 70s, so I can get away with it here and there. Don't get many opportunities to pitch, though.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Even though Carey's been a blast to run with, I look forward to returning to power back status next year. I much prefer to hit the hole, destroy defenders, and pick up much-needed yardage after contact. With speed backs vs. top user teams, it's often hit-or-miss, home run or strike out. Speed backs need space to thrive, and the best defenses are suffocating.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012