Why is everyone saying FAs open tonight?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 22, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Why is everyone saying FAs open tonight?

They do not.

2. natedawg212000

patch on 22nd - all preseason games can go on and cap books as of this roster can be done and approved as to only tweak the new rosters if they are available.

22nd-27th - offseason where fa's can be bid upon, cap books must be signed off on, and trades can be processed.

28th - a 'selah' day where the cap book guys can look over everything, loose ends can be tied up.

29th - the season maybe kicked off at 12 pm est for week 1.

this is IF the patch came out. If the patch does NOT come out today (we cant start a offseason until we know if a patch is coming or not with a roster update) (sunday) then we can open up Fa's tonight (sunday night) after we adjust the rosters manually.

What we need to decide is to allow owners to put 'claims' on players who are in fa's and who should be on their team, and if no claims are put on the guy and he is signed the tough luck, or do we do this, or what do we do?

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Midnite tonite was 22nd.

Patch nor roster update will be out until First week of regular season. This is out of Ian Cummings' (game designer) mouth in an interview he gave yesterday. So I am assuming we are not going to wait another 3 weeks for the roster update.

So, I was just going by the schedule that we agreed upon. But no biggie.

The question I have about trying to fix the rosters manually is, do we force teams that cut players in real life to cut them in our league?

ie, Pats have since cut Tory Holt, Glenn Coffey has retired, Lynell Hamilton has been cut/IR, etc, etc. And do we allow a team to sign a retired Glen Coffey or an IR Lynell Hamilton?

IMO, I dont think we can let teams add players and not force teams to cut players per their real life teams.

4. natedawg212000

I agree, if they were cut we need to cut them. With coffee, I personally think we treat him like we did that your WR that died. If he's on the game, he should play.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree with this

6. natedawg212000

Again, if they were cut because of injury, then they should stay on the team because if it weren't for injury they don't get cut. if they were cut just to be cut then adios.