Why is the CPU so easy for some of you?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What are you doing to complete 80% passing and/or putting up 450 yards of offense?

Is it no huddle? Are you not getting sacked? Is running too easy?

I'm obviously much more terrible on the sticks than the guys who are raping good CPU teams. So I'm hoping to get some details that I may not be privy to so that this doesn't become boring in season 4.

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This obviously doesn't pertain to me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My CPU games last season were fun. I had a few blowouts, Nebraska (knocked out starter) and I think Wisconsin was easy, but beyond that the CPU gave me a good game.

I didn't think we could go no huddle, so I don't, I don't see how that would help on offense. I can't pass for shit as anyone that has played me will attest to. As for running, I think it is a little too easy to run the ball (and Im not talking about option) I have a lot of shotgun runs that are designated HB runs that get a few too many yards.

Bowling Green was terrible, so I can't judge it this year. I know my team is already too good. Im an 88 overall this year. Now I have 22 Seniors, so I should go back to normal, but considering the progression during the offseason, Im not sure.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Not sure. I've never been this good against the CPU, it's mostly been that I played a ton of CPU games while coming up with sliders and got a good sense for things. Colorado gave me a tough game, irrespective of score. Notre Dame came out and was all over my shit, running 8 times for 107 yards and 2 TDs. For no reason whatsoever, they didn't run the ball at all after that. It was really frustrating to see, honestly.

Other than that, it's just predictive CPU playcalling. I know when they come out in 3-1, it's stick. I sat on it this game and picked it off, returning to the 10 right before halftime as they were driving. On 3rd downs, they love to run slip screens.

5. I Peench

The more I play, the more I think shotgun runs are too easy across the board. Option too, obviously.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

I'm starting to figure out offense. You know the drill with me, I'm running no huddle and running pass concepts repetitively (ala Mike Leach).

If you are asking about slider feedback:
    • I can throw the ball where I want 95% of the time even with a 80 OVR QB.
    • The CPU drops WAY WAY WAY too many passes.
    • Running the ball is pretty easy if you have numbers or overload (this is a function of speed threshold though IMO).
    • There are no penalties at all.
    The two games I've played this season, WSU would have thrown for 600 yards and ran the score up on me had they not dropped literally 35% of the passes thrown. Florida State actually played me well but they were struggling to stop me on offense. They have a talent advantage, I should have a harder time beating them in man to man and running the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

I have 17 seniors but I'm a 91 overall this year.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I agree on the CPU dropping too many passes both in pass defense and especially on offense. They hit wide open guys only to drop them. My game against BG would be completely different if they had held onto the ball;

• Like Like x 1
  9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

It's not really consistent for me. Some cpu offenses are completely inept. The QB will take off and try to run 2 steps into his dropback and run straight into a defensive end. When that's not happening, the dual threat QB's are actually dangerous and usually tear me apart. The UCLA team I played last night was just bad. They couldn't do anything to move the ball. I think they had maybe 37 yards passing at halftime? And probably 70 total.

One theory I have is that on Heisman the CPU uses the 'aggresive' adjustments a lot more frequently, which leads to more chances for big plays. The big thing I notice it on is zone coverage. It seems like the linebackers play a hook zone 2 yards from the line of scrimmage sometimes and it leaves a lot of space between the linebackers which leaves a lot of space between the linebackers and safeties. Also, it's way too easy to beat man coverage. As Shaun alluded to with the running game, this could be a speed threshold thing as well.

I know this probably sounds counter-productive, but I might try out some All-American sliders tonight since I'm on a bye week just to see how they play.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bondzai

You guys talk about the CPU dropping so many passes but I rarely see that. The Miami QB just torched me for 28/34 292 yds and 5 tds.

And yes Shaun I know I suck at defense.

11. I Peench

I don't see dropped passes either.

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Good cpu teams are hard for me to beat. My game doesn't match up well vs good cpu teams

13. PAgamer07

Goddamn that was horrible grammar.

But yeah.. if i cant stop them on defense, I have no chance against the good teams. I dont know the money plays. Unless its against Mustang's defense :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. PAgamer07

Maybe for you

15. Bondzai

I'm thinking about trying to convert to the Georgia Tech offense. That will obviously take a few years but it could be fun to do.

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

It's not as fun as you think. Fumbles galore. You'll see when we play this year.

17. Bondzai

You know what else isn't fun....throwing 0 tds and 2 ints with a 99 OVR QB.

18. I Peench

It's been widely discussed in the chatbox.

19. Bondzai

The chatbox is mostly comprised of people that don't have kids or much of a life in general. It's not as easy for those of us that don't play 20 games a week.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I Peench

My brother picked up the game for the first time in like 6 years. His first observation was "it seems easy to run out of shotgun". I'm not talking about the sliders or how hard it is to run in general, I'm just saying that running out of shotgun is easier than under center. The rest is all relative.

21. Bondzai

Congratulations to your brother. In my experience with the games I've played in the Deuce it is much easier for me to run from under center.

When I run from shotgun the defenders are usually there to tackle me as I'm handing the ball off.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

WSU went like 24/58 against me with at least 15 drops.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

I actually agree. I can pretty easily put up over 100 yards rushing a game and all I have is the shotgun.

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

I've seen your offense, you Sanchez most plays.

25. I Peench

Eaaasy, I'm just giving feedback. I'm not talking about the deuce, just the game in general. Have you tried running under center with these sliders? It'd be more difficult and that's literally all I'm saying. These sliders have CPU run defense cranked way up.