Why isnt the Wire updating??

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Aug 27, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Why isnt the Wire updating??

All I see is Michigan States gay win over Oklahoma....wth?

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Let me call my boys over at EA tech support and I'll let you know. Probably a 1 where there should be a zero or something funny like that.

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i see my story there too :thumbsup:

I have come to the decision that, in classic EA fashion, the Dynasty Wire is something that should be a collection of groundbreaking awesome sauce.

But it is implemented in such a way that it is a huge disappointment. For starters everything from last season is gone. Making all the recaps I wrote for games a huge waste of time. It is anything but a complete record of the franchise because it seems to be pretty fickle about not accepting updates (if you followed it last season games were often missed). And its slow loading, doesn't let you easily save information on your hard drive, and coded like shit.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Your stories might be gone because of the restart.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. that's the culprit. It keeps everything as long as you don't retire the dynasty.

6. BlyGilmore

i know why they're gone :thumbsup: i'm just saying its kind of dumb that a dynasty gets restarted like that and everything just disappears. and we'll need to restart again at some point so why worry about the wire?

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

all im saying is that EA can't code for every type of situation... if you retire a dynasty, it makes sense that your stuff goes away on their servers. Now the real issue is why did we have to retire it.... that's were the poor coding plays into it, not the 'Wire itself.

8. BlyGilmore

IMO if they followed dynasties last season they would have realized they'll get retired and restarted from time to time. The dynasty itself is smart enough to realize we were just moving it around - why wasn't the wire?

they could have grandfathered content.

plus it wouldn't be as big of a deal if it wasn't all in this crazy flash format that makes it impossible to backup without the cumbersome process of taking screen grabs or posting stuff three at a time to the other web site.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I want to see stats on the VTECH vs PITT game and what happened last nite with Cal and Illnois.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Apparently Cal put a beating on Illinois.

Bruce was a no show vs Hotrod.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Bly...how did you get the stats from our game? That looks like its off the wire. So it updated some games?

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Just never forget that this stuff is "wicked hawd" that EA does.

13. BlyGilmore

LOL Helli i was talking to my boss about that the other day, because it kind of relates to what my company does.

I work for an electric and gas utility, and it isn't exactly simple to bring electricity from a power plant to your home from an engineering point of view. i mean i consider myself a reasonably intelligent guy and talking to some of the engineering types makes me go cross-eyed.

so i was like could you imagine if we went to our customers and said ...

"hey ... shit happens. and you have to understand this stuff is wicked hard. so its going to break and we're going to fuck up because ... its hard. there are literally millions of thing that could go wrong and we have more than 400 mile of wire! I mean seriously its a fucking miracle you get power now."

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LMAO...

I guess from a "devil's advocate" point of view, it would be more similar if you had to design and implement the electricity grid in 8 months... But nevertheless I still wish this shit would work right. However... If I was serious/had the time to do a dynasty these days I admittedly would have known better, and would have saved all the game reports it spit out.

15. BlyGilmore

yeah our game got updated. why ours and not others - i have no idea. those are just screen grabs from the Wire pasted together into one big ass image.

16. BlyGilmore

the comparison really isn't that off. i mean it isn't like they build this game from scratch in 8 months. they just build on top of what they had before. we do the same thing constantly repairing and rebuilding our infrastructure.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The consequences for fucking up video game code is rather small compared to cutting the wrong wire....

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

agreed...ask the LIRR people. fucking scum MTA

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thats wierd because I saw him in madden last night

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dont think it was Brucie....I think it was his son.

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

I figured as much

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just as I figured you were playing Mike R's son last night in NCAA....:eek:

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

It might have been....he is getting old I think his stick skills are eroding.